Guild tab additions (Guild taxes + Last seen online column)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Havoc.4072

Havoc.4072

Gonna make it simple so we won’t get lost here.

• Add a “Last time seen Online” column- there is no way for anyone to know how long a player has been offline / last time he represented a guild.
    A simple column with an estimated “xx/xx since last seen online representing” will do very well.

The numbers on inactive members (characters, not players) are higher than you might think.

Players are not logging in / not representing the guild and are just taking up space.
This is a problem because guild lose a lot of income / influence.

• Guild tax – There is no easy way for a guild to collect money from its members.
    If possible – add an option to tax guild members. Intervals will be set by the guild leader / officers.
    Amount should be set by % and / or a maximum amount (i.e. 2% per week but no more than 50 silver).

Another way too add funds to the guild bank might be via raffles supported through the guild tab interface.

Guild leaders / officers will be able to start raffles that anyone can enter.
The fee to enter, the % of the prize pool to be transferred to the guild bank and the raffle rules can all be set in the guild tab.

Also, the randomness and winnings collection will be handled by the guild interface.

Each of those methods are an easy and fair way to help donate money for your guild.
There are a lot of things that cost a lot of money for your guild – this topic should be addressed.

Any thoughts?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Atreyu.3068

Atreyu.3068

I agree that we need to know when members were last online so that we can more effectively manage our guilds.

I also think that a guild tax option would be nice to have.

The Older Gamers [TOG]
Yak’s Bend

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Why would you need a guild tax?
Guilds use only influence to build stuff. You don’t need gold for a guild.

A ‘last seen’ column would be nice. If you sort by ‘online status’ the ones invited appear at the top, then LFG, online, away, invisible, and then the offline ones, based on the time they have been offline.

But you can’t see the exact time. It’ll be nice either having the time as another column, or appearing in the tooltip over their online status icon.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

in Suggestions

Posted by: liquescent.1862

liquescent.1862

I am all for a guild tax.

Our guild uses gold for the squad commander purchase and to purchase crafting materials that the guild bank or it members do not have and need.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kethian.4259

Kethian.4259

I agree with that idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: raphaeldisanto.5478

raphaeldisanto.5478

I’d like to see how much influence each individual member has contributed to the guild, in the guild leader’s interface.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Meteor.7823

Meteor.7823

Guild tax? People support this? I’m so confused by this I can’t even come up something more constructive. It would be a hard sell for any guild leader to get me to give them money.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Atreyu.3068

Atreyu.3068

Our guild tax would be low, like 1%, but off most likely since there’s not a huge need for money but an option to tax would be nice.

Our only need for money so far is getting commander’s compendiums and raising guild caps and donations have been done by mail which is a hassle.

The Older Gamers [TOG]
Yak’s Bend

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mexay.4521

Mexay.4521

If I could sage this thread. I would, but I can’t.

Guild tax would be the worst thing imaginable. It’s just being greedy. As a senior officer (2nd highest rank) in my guild, I would STRONGLY oppose my guild implementing this. It’s just stupid. Your guild doesn’t even use money. “Oh but squads” No. That is a PERSONAL thing that YOU get to keep. Get it on your own.

Mexay Lathyre – Level 80 Warrior Greatsword/Longbow

Still waiting on Customer Support. #121025-001252

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sairenkao.6485

Sairenkao.6485

Personally, I don’t see a need for guild tax, either. The guild itself does not require any money. Guild upgrades are paid with influence.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Selamin.3768

Selamin.3768

Ask your guild members to donate to the guild bank, do not tax them for the privilege of being in your guild. That is an amazingly fast way to send your guild members fleeing to other guilds who have passed on the tax option.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Soccerspeed.7165

Soccerspeed.7165

I strongly support the option to see when our guild members were last online. As a leader, it’s nice to see who is inactive. As a friend, I enjoy knowing I missed my buddy by 3 minutes so then I text him asking if he’ll be back or something like that.

I strongly disagree with guild taxes. BUT, I do not disagree with the option to have them. I do not want to tax my guild members, but if there are guilds that are perfectly willing to allow taxation, then I don’t see why they should be denied the option.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DrakeWurrum.6049

DrakeWurrum.6049

Fully agree with “last represented the guild” column, but it’s important to note that characters and players are not separated in guild lists. If that character hasn’t represented the guild in the last 2 months, no character on that whole account has, and typically that means that player doesn’t participate in your guild.

However, right now, the game hasn’t even been out for one month, so let’s be patient. I’m still trying to build up influence for my personal “just my girlfriend and me” guild, and so haven’t participated in any of the larger guild communities beyond representing to give them their daily 10 influence.

BTW, that daily 10 influence can be counted as “taxes”
I do not want the ability to “tax” guildies.

I hope you haven’t forgotten my role in this little story. I’m the leading man.
You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eladriel.7295

Eladriel.7295

I strongly disagree with Guild Tax, but if implement it should be Guild Leader Option to charge or not.. Not forced upon. Guild Tax in my opinion is one sure way to loose members… I for one would not join a guild that charges me hard earned money. My suggestion is get out and work for it and stop expecting your members to support your guild. However there is nothing wrong with members to donate. Donations is given from the heart and not forced.

Together we stand in the face of evil!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’m of two minds about this:

• It’s a choice that guilds can make. I tend to think that a lot of guilds will die from misuse/misapplication of the tax.
  • It seems like the most anti-community tool ANet could add; it’s regressive (affects new & poor players more). Plus, there are already tools that allow the guild to increase influence gain.

I’d like to see clarification on the problem that guilds have that would be solved by a guild tax. Perhaps there are other solutions. Taxes are useful for top-down structures, but make it harder to develop grassroots organizations.

• Not enough influence? Add more boosters to the game.
  • Trouble supporting guild crafters with supplies? That can and should be solved by social and organization changes.
  • Trouble supporting newbies with kit? Again, that’s a social and organization issue.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: wormbuffet.8619

wormbuffet.8619

Maybe tiered taxes? For example, members below level 30 do not pay any taxes. From 30 to 60 1%, above 60 2%. And/or let the guilds play with that and the greedy ones will slowly disappear in profit of fair ones.

I really like the ideas put forth by op.