Guilds Managements @ Guild Wars 2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lightning.7068

Lightning.7068

From Wiki [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild]
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
A guild is an association of artisans or merchants who control the practice of their craft in a particular town. The earliest types of guild were formed as confraternities of workers. They were organized in a manner something between a trade union, a cartel, and a secret society. They often depended on grants of letters patent by a monarch or other authority to enforce the flow of trade to their self-employed members, and to retain ownership of tools and the supply of materials. A lasting legacy of traditional guilds are the guildhalls constructed and used as meeting places.
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————
From Wiki@gw2 [http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild]
Guilds are formal groupings of players that enable them to play together more effectively and reward them for doing so.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Guild Managements:

We don’t have a system.
We don’t have a means to tell when members log in.
We don’t have a guild hall.
We don’t have a reward system.
We don’t have a guild mail system.
We don’t have a working guild management system.

We have a broken mission control setting.

Now that i address the problem i will take my opportunity to add in suggestions.

+Give us the ability to check members
+Give us the ability to mass mail all guild members at a certain rank
+Give us the ability to do missions without problems. (currently any rank; regardless of what you set in settings @mission control can start rush, challenge, puzzle and bounty)
+Give us the ability to gather in a guild hall to meet and chat
+Give us the ability to assign more ranks

[][][][][][][][]

Officer Raining Kittens
Guild RIP – Legion of the Horde – Blackgate since Launch
Member Since October 2012
Officer Since April 2013

when Battle comes Reach for the sun?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khonrad.2476

Khonrad.2476

You’re wasting your time sir. There have been many posts with regard to Guild Management, or the lack of it. The disinterest that ArenaNet show is quite astonishing actually, this is coming from a player who did have faith in ArenaNet, did believe they would consider player feedback. So, I wouldn’t waste your time typing ideas, no matter how plausible they may be.

Hakuna Matata [HM] : Aurora Glade (EU)
http://gw2-hm.enjin.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: timwizard.4210

timwizard.4210

I doubt he is wasting time, if enough people were to post and help this cause I believe it would happen. I appreciate that you posted here Khonrad because it helps draw attention to the issue but your negativity is best placed in the WvW channels.

in Suggestions

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

From a recent interview with Game Director Colin Johanson on USGamer.net:

“I would say that guild features in general are all really important to us. But people who can work on those features are the same people who are involved in a couple other very specific projects and so we only have a few of ‘em who really can work on the player and guild account databases. We’re waiting for them to finish other stuff before we can do a lot of guild-related projects. So we do have a few things in the pipeline already for guilds that are coming. As I’ve outlined in my blog post last week, I think that there’s a lot of the high level stuff that we need to finish to get the core of the game where we really want it to be. When that’s done, I think we’ll turn our eye to sort of the next round of features and a lot of those certainly are guild related things among, you know, other types of content and expanding out experiences for players and looking beyond the regions we have.”

Sounds like they plan on working on guild stuff, but it’s not going to be happening super soon.

Full article (posted 2 days ago) can be found here:

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/colin-johanson-talks-dungeons-dragons-and-chairs

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khonrad.2476

Khonrad.2476

This post, like so many others with regard to the lacklustre guild management system, will be consigned to the forum backwoods. It has been a ‘hot’ topic since release and very very little has been done to improve it.
Show me, someone show me what they have done to improve the system since release, despite all the clamour for improvement. Mr. Johanson states they are aiming to get the core of the game to where they want it to be and then they will look at guilds, among other things. Not exactly encouraging news now is it?
Oh, also, if I want to post here with my concerns or ‘negativity’ I shall bloody well post here! I don’t need anyones approval for that but, then again, what is the point since ArenaNet invariably choose fanboy posts above critical posts.

Hakuna Matata [HM] : Aurora Glade (EU)
http://gw2-hm.enjin.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

From a recent interview with Game Director Colin Johanson on USGamer.net:

“I would say that guild features in general are all really important to us. But people who can work on those features are the same people who are involved in a couple other very specific projects and so we only have a few of ‘em who really can work on the player and guild account databases. We’re waiting for them to finish other stuff before we can do a lot of guild-related projects. So we do have a few things in the pipeline already for guilds that are coming. As I’ve outlined in my blog post last week, I think that there’s a lot of the high level stuff that we need to finish to get the core of the game where we really want it to be. When that’s done, I think we’ll turn our eye to sort of the next round of features and a lot of those certainly are guild related things among, you know, other types of content and expanding out experiences for players and looking beyond the regions we have.”

Sounds like they plan on working on guild stuff, but it’s not going to be happening super soon.

Full article (posted 2 days ago) can be found here:

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/colin-johanson-talks-dungeons-dragons-and-chairs

after reading that article (thanks for linking it by the way) my suspicions about anet’s priorities are confirmed. given the pattern they’ve been establishing since launch, i can’t really say that i’m surprised by any of it. disappointed? yes. surprised? no.

in Suggestions

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

petetion to rename the game to farm wars. I do not know what the guild in this title should be in this game. One year and still no guild halls?? How hard can that one be.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

How hard can it be to understand that the Title of the game comes from it’s lore, not the gameplay.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Talenna.4052

Talenna.4052

I would dearly love to see all the guild management tools suggested, as well as a recruitment tab for those looking for a guild. This would allow the leader to add a brief description of the guild.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tomay.9670

tomay.9670

Yes, current guild managament is tragic.

Skleroza – Norn Ranger
Second To [None]
Blacktide

in Suggestions

Posted by: chucky.4798

chucky.4798

We are waiting patiently. These were also in GW1, these will also in GW2.

But that would be good, if the guilds would be over the servers. Yor guild change server and you lose everything it is nonsense.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

In the past they did say they will add guild halls but they are making them so they will be more than just a place to hang out. Also The way I see it they are doing good in terms of telling us that it is on their list of stuff to do instead of ignoring us and saying nothing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: bremy.1390

bremy.1390

I absolutely agree with you guys.
all I need and i can suggest is to have at least 3 things:
- Know the last date that a guild member is joined in guild in the home page of the guild. Not only the Location.
- Give more space in the ‘’message of the day’’. More space to leaders/officers or anyone the guild want to write what they want, this can be helful for give more infos and announcements to all.
- Give a limit of more admissions guilds. I know that perhaps it may seem wrong with the current system, that is very democratic, but in my guild we are many and some of our members running in the various guilds to get the various missions and take the rewards as they wish. It is not fair that people in a guild work and help the guild itself while others take advantage to get rewards and money.

I’m asking too much? :P

(edited by bremy.1390)

in Suggestions

Posted by: fabiane.6027

fabiane.6027

DIsapointed with the Farm Wars. The guild system needs to change. Bumping. I want a Guild Hall and guild system improvements.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

I would rather have a slower pace of new content (I could hardly keep up with monthly releases, but now two weeks?! either way…), but have Guild Halls/Alliances come with it (and a skin management system like the festival hat and costume NPCs in GW!).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lightning.7068

Lightning.7068

it would be nice if we can rename guild ranks without emptying the roster.

when Battle comes Reach for the sun?

in Suggestions

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

Some dev said in a Q&A that guild management is not a priority and will not be changed soon.
Meanwhile they introduce tons of Living story stuff.
I mean it is okay but I’d rather have the game polished than new content.

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

in Suggestions

Posted by: thuras.4537

thuras.4537

I’m really hoping for a bette guild management tool. Because now it’s working with almost nothing.

But knowing that an all new management tool is probably to much to ask:
I would be so happy if we would get a better working Message of the day.
There’s almost no space, and the number of characters we can type does not correspond with the actual number of characters that will be displayed.
I would alos love it if this message would pop up in the chat window when a guildmember logs into the game

Seeing a Charr burn gives a whole new perspective to the word charcoal