Guilds need love!

Guilds need love!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cruzyo.7304

Cruzyo.7304

Hello Devs,

the game is out for a solid 9 month. Still guilds did not find a lot of love.
Yes guild missions are a fun thing to do, but especially guild management or creating alliances is a major flaw in the current system.

over the past few month there been lots of threads that suggested improvements on this section.

I’ll try and sum up some of the stuff we’re missing:

Must haves:
- Login/Logout info in Guild Chat (easy, display “Character has logged on/off” as a message in the guildchat when a (representing?) member logs in
- Display Message of the Day in Guildchat on Login or Change (to avoid people missing out new information)
- Display “Last Seen” on the Roster (show when the person was last online & representing to easier manage inactives)
- Split “Admin Lower Ranks” into its functionalities “Invite”, “Expell” and “Change Rank” I wish to allow every member to invite friends but not kick anyone.

Nice to have:
- Display “Influence Gained” for the members on the roster
- Easier Influence Gain for smaller guilds,
in a game I previously played there was an awesome system with something similar that favored smaller guilds in their influence gain. Small guilds got a boost on Influence gained to cover up their lack of people. So lets say If a guild with 20 Member did an event they got 50 Infleunce per member while a guild with 200 Member doing the very same event got only 7 Influence per member.
- allow guilds to put more informations on the guild panel, add another tab for third-party guild contents such as Websites and VoiceCom Servers
- Ingame calendar would be nice aswell, let us set events for our guild ingame so noone misses anything

what goes in line with this aswell
- allow Mails to be sent to multiple people at once

there is probably alot more and a lot better ideas out there, guys lets show ANet that guilds need some love aswell

and yes, i know there have been plenty of posts but this is another, and instead of telling me to go to one of these, copy and paste this into a new thread so they get the attention on this!

Guilds need love!

in Suggestions

Posted by: hoewhoew.4619

hoewhoew.4619

It would be nice to have guildhalls, just like in GW1 (in my opinion).
And then you could, just like before, put new upgrades in the game so you can buy vendors/merchants/festive hats vendors/…. .

Also Guild Vs Guild would be nice

Guardians of the Silver Dragons – Piken Square

Guilds need love!

in Suggestions

Posted by: AriaSilverfyre.8702

AriaSilverfyre.8702

I, too, would love to see all those ideas implemented. I would also like some kind of confirmation when kicking a member. Several times, myself or an officer, has tried to remove someone from party and has kicked them from the guild instead. The option sits too close to the others.

Guild Leader of ’"The Gryphons Aerie [REST]": A PvE/RP family
Join Us – http://www.thegryphonsaerie.com

Guilds need love!

in Suggestions

Posted by: miniL.7361

miniL.7361

Really needs a huge upgrade as guilds are key to mmorpgs imo, otherwise Ill just buy a single player game. And the guilds here are just…. meeeeh…..

Guilds need love!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

Social grouping and interaction are a big part of MMO’s…. and we are lacking a lot of the tools to do that atm in GW2. The ability to organize and manage guilds properly and the ability to group up the way that players enjoy. Having either a 5 person group or a commander with zerg are horrible options when it comes to organizing…. a more flexible grouping system is needed.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry