Guildwars 2 is in danger if arenanet doesn't act on their endgame while they still can

Guildwars 2 is in danger if arenanet doesn't act on their endgame while they still can

in Suggestions

Posted by: MrPhazon.1370

MrPhazon.1370

Well not directly, but that title was just to catch your attention. Hah
Now that that worked read on since i’ve adressed a serious issue:

Arenanet has put alot of effort in the leveling proces, while the endgame is.. well im just going to call it.. BAD

What happens when you are level 80?
You start doing dungeons and get max armor. This takes you 2 weeks, maybe less if you’re a gamer that plays alot.

What about dungeons?
Max armor and weapons are easy to get, everyone can get them easily. The dungeons don’t have loot tables or do not require a specific organised party to complete, so the challenge is over quickly.
Why would I do arah if I don’t like the armor you can get there? There is no other reason to go there.

Fellow Player opinions
I’ve started playing with a couple of players from start and alot of them are already quitting, because they’ve got everything maxed out. They are bored..
Ofcourse there is legendary weapons.. but come on, that’s not worth playing for.

The solution
I’m suggesting Arenanet should sit down around a very nice comfortable table with some nice cups of coffee with their entire developer group and inmediatly find a solution to fixing their endgame.
This game is excellent with their mechanics and gameplay. But not enough time is spend in the endgame. This was stated from the beginning, but this is not where you keep your players with.

Opinion
Ofcourse this is my opinion and probaly not all of you would agree. But hey!
That is what forums and discussion are for!

You can keep reffering to what Anet stated, they can say that their endgame would be like this, but it just doesn’t work the way it is right now.
You can keep believing in what you hear from them or what you has been told. But you should just judge from yourself

EDIT

Remmember when Areanet in the documentary video stated clearly:
We wanted to make the best MMNORPG ever!’
And now they tell us that you can’t progress at level 80.
And that you can ‘put the game away’ for a few days? , is that what the best mmnorpg offer after hyping us up?

The endgame starts from level 1? Really? I’ve made second character and many maps are empty already. What can I do there once I have map completion? Nothing, well, yeah you can go loot rocks and trees.. zzz

You can bring up your great arguments about ‘helping friends’ and ‘having fun’
Really? Well I can go ahead play runescape then! Is this what makes GW2 unique. Is this what the ‘Best mnorpg’ can offer? Helping friends?

I love how people keep reffering to World of Warcraft. Once again I do not ask to be like world of warcraft.
I’m just saying that this endgame is just not working. If you’ve just hit 80 you will enjoy for a while. Soon enough you will see that you will get bored. There is just nothing that wants you to keep playing.

‘Judge from yourself, don’t refer to ‘what areanet’ said the game would be like. They wanted to bring the best MMORPG right?

EDIT:
People keep turning around the issue, saying that it’s ok the way it is. It really isn’t. And your not helping Arenanet by improving their game. They want to hear what’s wrong with their game and how players feel. That is feedback.
And why keep reffer to raiding, gear grinding and world of warcraft? Am I saying: I WANT RAIDING NOW LIKE WOW? no.

We are adressing the issue, it’s up to the creative people at Anet to find an unique solution, and im pretty sure their team has the potential to do it.

(edited by MrPhazon.1370)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Let me guess.

Traditional raids and better gear tier after tier?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raine Akrune.8416

Raine Akrune.8416

Well not directly, but that title was just to catch your attention. Hah
Now that that worked read on since i’ve adressed a serious issue:

Arenanet has put alot of effort in the leveling proces, while the endgame is.. well im just going to call it.. BAD

What happens when your level 80?
You start doing dungeons and get max armor. This takes you 2 weeks, maybe less if you’re a gamer that plays alot.

What about dungeons?
Max armor and weapons are easy to get, everyone can get them easily. The dungeons don’t have loot tables or do not require a specific organised party to complete, so the challenge is over quickly.
Why would I do arah if I don’t like the armor you can get there? There is no other reason to go there.

Fellow Player opinions
I’ve started playing with a couple of players from start and alot of them are already quitting, because they’ve got everything maxed out. They are bored..
Ofcourse there is legendary weapons.. but come on, that’s not worth playing for.

The solution
I’m suggesting Arenanet should sit down around a very nice comfortable table with some nice cups of coffee with their entire developer group and inmediatly find a solution to fixing their endgame.
This game is excellent with their mechanics and gameplay. But not enough time is spend in the endgame. This was stated from the beginning, but this is not where you keep your players with.

Opinion
Ofcourse this is my opinion and probaly not all of you would agree. But hey!
That is what forums and discussion are for!

Cya.

They simply need to:

A) Add more sPvP maps and game types
B) Fix the bugged public events
C) Add a couple more dungeons for level 80
D) Some WvWvW tweaks

The game is pretty set for endgame expansion, though the game is PvP based the PvE needs some work as well.

Asuran Master Thief/Charr Paladin Extraordinaire
Khan of The Burning Eden [TBE]
www.theburningeden.com

in Suggestions

MrPhazon.1370

Let me guess.

I’m not bringing a solution here, I’m adressing an isue, it’s classic and works. But that’s why I say that Arenanet should sit down and talk with eachother

in Suggestions

Ameepa.6793

Let me guess.

I’m not bringing a solution here, I’m adressing an isue, it’s classic and works. But that’s why I say that Arenanet should sit down and talk with eachother

Ha, I knew it :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

it’s classic and it works… for some people, not for all, sadly. They explicitly said their endgame is a horizontal not vertical progression, so I’m dumbfounded as to why people are even asking such from a game that from the get-go, said it didn’t wanna be like those games.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Suggestions

MrPhazon.1370

it’s classic and it works… for some people, not for all, sadly. They explicitly said their endgame is a horizontal not vertical progression, so I’m dumbfounded as to why people are even asking such from a game that from the get-go, said it didn’t wanna be like those games.

I don’t think you’re understanding what the issue is, people are getting bored. I’m not refering to wow gameplay, not at all. (Or atleast I didn’t wanted to put up that feeling)

Something has to change, im adressing an issue, im not bringing a solution here

in Suggestions

MrPhazon.1370

You can keep reffering to what Anet stated, they can say that their endgame would be like this, but it just doesn’t work the way it is right now.
You can keep believing in what you hear from them or what you has been told. But you should just judge from yourself

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

You have to let go of your classic view of MMORPG endgame. The point of GW2 endgame isn’t to grind for incredible gear as it is in most other games. It’s to enjoy the play. In GW1 we had max armor at lvl 20 and ran FOW and UW and Tombs because they were fun, for the challenge of clearing them and for some occassional cool loot skins. Yes, the forge was in FOW and ectos dropped in UW…but that wasn’t the only reason to go there. If you want to grind, aim for legendaries.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cinder.4865

Cinder.4865

How many people do you estimate are “getting bored”? For every one person that you personally know is “bored”, there are likely ~5 more equally enjoying the game for what it is.

ANet has stated explicitly what to expect of the endgame. We’re mowing down month 2 of post-launch, and we’ve still yet to see a great many issues fixed — but we all know they are working on it. Rather than stating an issue which has been brought up time and again, try suggesting a solution, try giving them ideas to toss around. And most of all, be patient. You’re not going to see something change overnight, these things take time.

in Suggestions

Posted by: IonusX.7905

IonusX.7905

no end game content my —- i got to lvl 80 about a week ago been playing since beta and game launch and over all i have had a blast doing pretty much everything trying to get the eternity blade is my dream weapon to get and im far from getting it and im going to enjoy the entire process and i barely touched pvp the only thing th game is really mising is more dungeons me and my friends want more challenging dungeons so far we have walked through each one without breaking a sweat if anything dear anet dungeons need a challenge mode and WvW needs to like mobile transport vehicle some thing that can carry like 20 people and move from place to place

{TNT} Tactical Night Techs “We are the last line of defense”Commander Fire Warrior Scout

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

I don’t think you’re understanding what the issue is, people are getting bored. I’m not refering to wow gameplay, not at all. (Or atleast I didn’t wanted to put up that feeling)

I’m guessing that people are getting bored because they just jumped the bandwagon. And well, while there is nothing wrong with that, I do like that ANet kept at least some of the aspects from GW1. Unfortunately for the guys jumping the bandwagon, who didn’t play GW1 because they didn’t find it interesting, these aspects are pretty much why they didn’t find GW1 interesting. And is ultimately why they are getting bored in the endgame.
Endgame is horizonal and maybe a bit more WvW/PvP focused. That works for me, that probably works for many who liked GW1. (Fans? Sure, whatever.) That doesn’t seem to work for most of the guys who jumped the bandwagon.

And well, I’m just guessing here, since I haven’t really done any market research on the subject. Oh, I guess the OP was just guessing too, but didn’t bother to mention that.

If you want a game with endlessly vertical endgame and awesome graphics, start going to the gym. Oh, that’s also good for you. You can also get very unique dynamic events and side quests near the gym and from people you meet while playing. And absolutely no lag!

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

(edited by Fred Fargone.3127)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Monki.5012

Monki.5012

I always love postings like this:
“I have a suggestion = Devs sit down and think about something!”

This forum exists so everyone can write down their IDEAS. Suggest to come up with suggestions. How about you post a possible solution or maybe ideas so the devs have a startingpoint to brainstorm from.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gustoril.4195

Gustoril.4195

Yes I will agree with the OP.

The endgame wasn’t really what my friends or I were expecting, As Ameepa stated with the “Traditional raids and better gear tier after tier” was pretty much right on the money as to what we were expecting.

I understand that this isn’t wow but it’s a system that works and people enjoy working for, all my friends have already reached level 80, attempted full exploration and have returned to wow for endgame content in mists of pandaria, mainly because they couldn’t find something to keep them playing.

We were actually surprised how the endgame of Guildwars wasn’t really there and that we couldn’t find a reason to work for gear. In our understanding we should be obtaining this gear to become stronger in order to take on tougher foes, and being that the zhaitan battle was completed so easily, We asked each other as to “what now?”

PVP and world v world are options but the benefits all go to the PVE world, but if the PVE world has nowhere to go(such as tougher bosses and higher level gear, something to work for) then the benefits don’t really profit the higher levels and only helps the leveling areas. really makes no sense.

So atm, my friends are off playing wow and I’m on the forums every so often to see what’s happening.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

@Gustoril
Why did you expect vertical when Anet stated that the endgame would be horizonal?

Tbh, vertical endgame is a horrible idea. GW1 came out with 3½ expansions, how many times did you see them crank up the max level?

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

in Suggestions

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Guys I got this…I got it..

Let me respond with two simple words that might help you…

Not. WoW.

Ok, one is a word, the other is an acronym. You get my point. How many ways do we need to say it that the game isnt designed to have your run of the mill endgame. Or that Anet said they are OK if you put down GW2 and play another game for a bit. Or that Anet said that they dont expect you to play this 5 hours a day for 5 years straight. Or that the entire game is endgame, and your experience wont necessarily change at max level.

Let me repeat, there is no endgame that you like to call end game, and Im GLAD.

No sub, they arent required to hold your attention for 7 days a week, all year, for years on end like a sub-model game.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in Suggestions

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Yes I will agree with the OP.

The endgame wasn’t really what my friends or I were expecting, As Ameepa stated with the “Traditional raids and better gear tier after tier” was pretty much right on the money as to what we were expecting.

I understand that this isn’t wow but it’s a system that works and people enjoy working for, all my friends have already reached level 80, attempted full exploration and have returned to wow for endgame content in mists of pandaria, mainly because they couldn’t find something to keep them playing.

We were actually surprised how the endgame of Guildwars wasn’t really there and that we couldn’t find a reason to work for gear. In our understanding we should be obtaining this gear to become stronger in order to take on tougher foes, and being that the zhaitan battle was completed so easily, We asked each other as to “what now?”

PVP and world v world are options but the benefits all go to the PVE world, but if the PVE world has nowhere to go(such as tougher bosses and higher level gear, something to work for) then the benefits don’t really profit the higher levels and only helps the leveling areas. really makes no sense.

So atm, my friends are off playing wow and I’m on the forums every so often to see what’s happening.

Hi,
Did you even bother to research the game before spending 60$+ on it? There wont be any raids. Ever. Not one. Thank god.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in Suggestions

Gustoril.4195

@ Fred fargone

I’m sorry, I don’t really understand this vertical vs horizontal definition, Could you explain please?

@cesmode

Pretty much at the time of researching the game I looked into the basics such as group events and professions, crafting, races, A lot of the footage I had seen were large scale battles with many players battling larger creatures which I assumed were bosses, In dungeon or out I really didn’t care, It looked attractive at the time. but It seems that those “bosses” were really just quests mobs and events which are actually more interesting and challenging than zhaitan himself.

And I also was looking for anything to support instead of wow, Played the game for years and it’s not what it used to be. I have memories of the Burning crusade days and it has gone down hill from there, World of daily craft now and I wanted to support something that I could encourage my friends to come across and experience with me.

They enjoyed it, Just the endgame wasn’t enough, Just have to wait for more content.

I would rather give my money to arena net instead of a monthly subscription to a company that doesn’t care about us.

(edited by Gustoril.4195)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raine Akrune.8416

Raine Akrune.8416

@ Fred fargone

I’m sorry, I don’t really understand this vertical vs horizontal definition, Could you explain please?

I believe it’s a reference to the traditional end game system.

WoW is vertical. For every raid there is a armor set that you need to progress up to the next raid which has a new set, and rinse repeat.

GW has always been horizontal in the fact that you hit level cap and armor cap and that’s it. You can keep running stuff but there’s no next step upwards. This keeps everything balanced nicely and takes the gear elite-ness out of the game.

Asuran Master Thief/Charr Paladin Extraordinaire
Khan of The Burning Eden [TBE]
www.theburningeden.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azaziel.3608

Azaziel.3608

I’ve been lvl 80 for like a week now and haven’t even set one foot on any level 80 zone or done any exp mode dungeons…and I’m still having a lot of fun in the game

in Suggestions

Gustoril.4195

So basically. Gear plays no serious role in this game due to the ability to complete the story and exploration modes in low end gear.

Which means future content will remain at 80 and would only release gear that has visual appeal with balanced stats to compete with current gear-sets.

Along with story and other minor content additions (such as pets or items purchased from store.)

Guess its a wait for the next bit of story then.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheUnNamedHero.4167

TheUnNamedHero.4167

Let me guess.

They did, which is why the game is the way it is. “Endgame starts at level 1”. Their game philosophy is fundamentally different and they aren’t likely to change it.

2012 Halloween Tower Champion
The Lost Shores should have stayed lost.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

i know that Arenanet’s idea is that every area of GW2 is endgame,

why not add a little spice to the game like adding a special week task(s) that has a reward skin that is available for that week alone,

e.g. holloween is coming complete this week task (whatever they have in mind) to get an exotic holloween cap(anything that ranges from pumpkin head, witch hat etc)

so that players have something to look forward to every week

ps. its so sad that two of my friends stopped playing after two weeks, now i feel all alone…. /sobbbbb

in Suggestions

TheUnNamedHero.4167

Subjectivism =/= fact. If you had actual population statistics to back up that claim, then fine. But you don’t. Your argument is highly fallacious.

in Suggestions

Gustoril.4195

@ oldgrimm

I like your idea Oldgrimm

Well I notice this game enjoys creating large creatures which cause problem, for your idea and hopefully this doesn’t conflict with the stubbornness of the fan-boys above.

But how about a defense event, Giant scarecrow or pumpkin on rampage in queens dale becoming a zone group event?

with mechanics also, It could have adds like little walking jack o’lantern that are attacking a town, along with a success = loot or defeat = loss of the town until recaptured. There have been similar quests to this.

random things like this I find interesting and I bet my friends would log on to fight this and defend the town.

Use your imagination.

(edited by Gustoril.4195)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

@gustoril

i like your idea, holloween monsters invading major cities,

trick or treat using npc in towns,

in Suggestions

MrPhazon.1370

Remmember when Areanet in the documentary video stated clearly:
We wanted to make the best MMNORPG ever!’
And now they tell us that you can’t progress at level 80.
And that you can ‘put the game away’ for a few days? , is that what the best mmnorpg offer after hyping us up?

The endgame starts from level 1? Really? I’ve made second character and many maps are empty already. What can I do there once I have map completion? Nothing, well, yeah you can go loot rocks and trees.. zzz

You can bring up your great arguments about ‘helping friends’ and ‘having fun’
Really? Well I can go ahead play runescape then! Is this what makes GW2 unique. Is this what the ‘Best mnorpg’ can offer? Helping friends?

I love how people keep reffering to World of Warcraft. Once again I do not ask to be like world of warcraft.
I’m just saying that this endgame is just not working. If you’ve just hit 80 you will enjoy for a while. Soon enough you will see that you will get bored. There is just nothing that wants you to keep playing.

‘Judge from yourself, don’t refer to ‘what areanet’ said the game would be like. They wanted to bring the best MNORPG right?

in Suggestions

Posted by: SevenSigma.7462

SevenSigma.7462

Remember the GW1 “endgame”? GW1 max level was 20 and max stats gear was trivial. The “endgame” was to explore the world, get achievements, do Hard Mode versions of the regular content, do elite missons, get cool skins, engage in PvP.

Stop me when you realize GW2 follows the same model. If you expect something like WoW… you won’t get it.

Plus the game is a month old, and everyone knows they’re working on more content. They have a huge live team. The first expansion is doubtless under development. There is plenty to do. If you’re really bored, then take a break and come back later, it’s not like there’s a monthly fee.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chackan.2813

Chackan.2813

“Remember the GW1 “endgame”? GW1 max level was 20 and max stats gear was trivial. The “endgame” was to explore the world, get achievements, do Hard Mode versions of the regular content, do elite missons, get cool skins, engage in PvP.”

It all falls in place except the Missions. I think that the game needs Missions that are structured in the same way as GW1 Story Missions.

in Suggestions

SevenSigma.7462

Dungeons work exactly like GW1 story missions.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chackan.2813

Chackan.2813

Yes, but you have a small number of them, and they are very time waisting.

Missions usually took around 30m, while also requiring a party.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

of course, it didn’t post my full comment. ok, i’ll re-add it, thus the edit.

anet has committed to adding more content, in the form of new dynamic events, some announced and some not. i believe, though i don’t follow pvp, that they’ve also committed to adding more pvp content. what they’ve also committed to is not adding a grindfest. for those who wish the “classic” vertical progression encompassed in the “classic” gear grind, this may not be the game for you.

for those of us who love the world, who love the idea of horizontal progression? it’s the perfect beginning of a fantastic game.

(edited by Isende.2607)

in Suggestions

SevenSigma.7462

Yes, but you have a small number of them, and they are very time waisting.

Missions usually took around 30m, while also requiring a party.

There will be more dungeons as they add more content. For now, each dungeon has three different paths + story mode, so there is more to do than you might think. As for time, you can certainly do dungeons in 30 min if your party knows what it’s doing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Taikanaru.5746

Taikanaru.5746

I play MMOs to play with other people. Doesn’t matter how good you make a game people will get tired of it. GW2 does not hold your hand at the beginning, and it doesn’t do that at the end, either.
I love the fact that GW2 doesn’t force you to the endless gear grind. I hate the carrot on a stick MMO model. It just bores me. Grind grind grind. I rather explore and hang out with friends.
My ‘endgame’ in GW2 is fine.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CrimsonOmen.7865

CrimsonOmen.7865

Regardless what people “feel” is giving them plenty of content, the sad news is there is 0 end game incentives in this game, especially for those who are would consider themselves “hardcore mmo players”. A lot of you are saying to lose this "WoW’ mentality, but that’s what mmo’s are. You are supposed to be able to revel in the fruits of your labor by having an end game content. For instance with wow, once you hit max level, your game truly begins..That’s how it SHOULD be, regardless of story or not. The dungeon gear is a very bad way to motivate someone to actually continue working on end game. The gearing process is bland, the changes are unnoticeable and the gear is no different stat wise than what you can buy in the TP.

There has to be a motivator, whether gear works in tier style or they just improve the dungeon gear stats in general…there has to be a motivation factor. Spamming 2-3 dungeon paths a day or trying to world 100% is a very bad end game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

I agree with the OP. The game gets boring fast if you are a player that wants to play more games. Some years ago, the MMO market was not so popular. With the new games coming almost every month, people want to try more of them. What keeps players staying years in a game? The content but also the sociability of the respective community. GW1 didn’t resist so much on the market because of its great content, but because of the community. When you log now in GW1 as a new player and if you have a bit of courage to ask help, there is 90% chances that there will be people willing to help you. Many would say this is because they are bored, I rather say its because the community is more united and the game mechanic of instancing makes people play together. Of course there are the heroes now but still there are people who want help or want to offer help to others.
The personal story in GW2 is ok, but the lack of common goals for all players, the community isn’t so united. Maybe some people want to help you with the story, others don’t, but there are no common goals but this could be the subject of another thread

in Suggestions

Posted by: dangerhunt.2607

dangerhunt.2607

I kinda of agree what OP said, but be nice to have some sort of armor progression to the dungeons. At this current system, I can just go for one explore mode dungeon that offers me the best looking gear. After that, there is no reason to do the same thing with other explore mode dungeons.
Maybe if arena nets could increase like 5 points up(not too much) to armors for each dungeon. I think people are just looking for something that could convince them to keep on playing. It’s a good thing, no matter what model arena net is using, they want to sell tons of GW2, and there are bunch of people that decided not to jump in because of end game. That’s a huge market there, why not address it to bring more people in?

in Suggestions

SevenSigma.7462

Some of you seem to have a severe case of Stockholm Syndrome with the carrot-and-stick model of character progression. It’s a relic of a begone and benighted era. Just let it go.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Angerfist.6208

Angerfist.6208

I also agree with the OP. FF11 had an exceptional endgame when you hit max level there were areas where you could only go after you completed an long quest line. There were nototorious monsters (bosses) that dropped exceptional armor which were worth acquiring. There were also bosses in the world that it took many people grouped together with a strategy to defeat.

Perhaps the problem is that they did not think that anything more than a 5 man group was worth doing?

Seems like they pretty much ignored endgame all together.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seraki.2753

Seraki.2753

Sounds like the OP wants the gear grind [sometimes called “progression”], problem is it would fly in the face of many promises Anet made about the game being different before launch.

in Suggestions

MrPhazon.1370

Sounds like the OP wants the gear grind [sometimes called “progression”], problem is it would fly in the face of many promises Anet made about the game being different before launch.

Sounds like? Once again, for like the 4th time. I’m not bringing an solution, im adressing an issue.

- Anyway, im happy I’ve brought up some discussion and that people agree.
I hope this topic helps you explain your feelings about Guildwars 2 and that it gives you a chance to reach the devs
Guildwars 2 is an incredible game, but it needs some fixes.

(edited by MrPhazon.1370)

in Suggestions

TheUnNamedHero.4167

Sounds like? Once again, for like the 4th time. I’m not bringing an solution, im adressing an issue.

And once again, it is not an issue unless you drag typical MMO progression mindsets here.

in Suggestions

Ameepa.6793

Why is it so horrible that there is one popular MMO out there that has a different system than all the traditional others? Isn’t there enough games with raids and endless gear grind already?

GW2 is the answer to those who are either tired of that same old model or have never liked it. Why should that be taken away and turned into another clone that would be the same as 50 other MMOs?

Let the non-raiders have one game

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

FF11 had an exceptional endgame when you hit max level there were areas where you could only go after you completed an long quest line. There were nototorious monsters (bosses) that dropped exceptional armor which were worth acquiring. There were also bosses in the world that it took many people grouped together with a strategy to defeat.

Just an idea related to what you said. What if they have made max lvl 30 and after that you could unlock all other zones which they will be like Orr ? People would get to lvl 30 fast (1 day) and then start to fight their way through hard foes till the end of the zones and get cooler armors and weapons.
Maybe they thought this for the next expansion where they can add only lvl 80 zones. We never know, but still not telling the players what are their intentions for the future are, risks of loosing the players.

in Suggestions

CrimsonOmen.7865

Some of you seem to have a severe case of Stockholm Syndrome with the carrot-and-stick model of character progression. It’s a relic of a begone and benighted era. Just let it go.

That era is far from gone my friend, and it will never truly be gone if a game company wishes to continue to have a solid player base. Look at TOR. That player base kitten near went the way of the dinosaurs because of the terrible end game. If I remember correctly they added more gear progression, more dungeons, more raids and more general content, and they are more alive than they would have been…some say it was way to late on their part.

I don’t want to see this game lose the player base. I want this game to be successful like EVERYONE else. The current system implemented is not good enough. Your game ends at 80. That’s not how it should be. Either make me have 15 plus character slots to constantly create newer characters to “fill” my end game craving or create an end game that will actually motivate players to want to work for something.

in Suggestions

Posted by: xenkaidos.1285

xenkaidos.1285

The people who are “bored” and “quitting due to boredom” are the players who refuse to play alts, obviously don’t like achievements, and are only there for themselves. They said at the beginning that the primary replay value was the story. Each storyline has splits and branches to provide a unique experience each time you play. They also said at the beginning that end-game content was going to be a waking point to expansions in the future. If you didn’t do your full storyline yet, then you obviously have no idea what I’m talking about. Instead of ANet dealing with people griping about OP gear, they wanted everyone to have a fair chance of getting it. And now you’re griping because you don’t have OP gear to shoot for. Typical.

I’m going to clarify one thing that you should all remember and take to heart. It doesn’t matter what Anet does, Blizzard does, Trion does, etc.. to make a game that people like. You will ALL complain about not having enough to do.. not having OP gear.. and the elitists will complain that they can’t Solo a dungeon that takes 5-10 people.. (or 30-40 if you look at WoW). Why? Because people are greedy, obsessive, and demanding. Because no matter what is given to them on a silver platter, they demand more. If you get to this point, turn off your computer, and GO OUTSIDE!

Personally, the only flaws I worry about in GW2 are glitches (such as skill npc’s not showing up, events bugging out, storyline quests bugging out… and of course, my favorite, the trading post going down at random periods of a day)

My overall biggest issue/complaint is as follows: Too much of the game is account oriented rather than individual earnings. They changed dungeon tokens to account, pvp rank is account, most of the achievements are account… That’s too much stuff that is thrown on new alts to make the game less of a challenge. For example: I made a new alt and had my 1000 revives title on my alt. Someone accused me of cheating because I already had the title at lvl 1. (as we know, reviving someone grants xp. even at 5xp per revive that’s more than enough to level you passed level 1). So, there’s going to be accusations from new players and players who have yet to get that title.

The only things i things that should be account bound are your bank/collectibles access, black lion chest items/black lion purchases, dye pallet (would be nice, but not necessary)… remove pvp shared ranks, and ALL achievements from alts (aside from master craftsman, weapon mastery, and the one for more heart quests than the map has to offer). Basically if the achievement can be universally acquired.. remove it from account sharing.

in Suggestions

Ameepa.6793

That era is far from gone my friend, and it will never truly be gone if a game company wishes to continue to have a solid player base. Look at TOR. That player base kitten near went the way of the dinosaurs because of the terrible end game. If I remember correctly they added more gear progression, more dungeons, more raids and more general content, and they are more alive than they would have been…some say it was way to late on their part.

I don’t want to see this game lose the player base. I want this game to be successful like EVERYONE else. The current system implemented is not good enough. Your game ends at 80. That’s not how it should be. Either make me have 15 plus character slots to constantly create newer characters to “fill” my end game craving or create an end game that will actually motivate players to want to work for something.

Actually that is one of the reasons why TOR failed. Only new content after launch has been two new raids. There is absolutely nothing to do if you do not raid or gather gear.

But if raiding and gearing is the only thing you want, why not play a game that is centered on that instead of trying to change the only one that does things differently?
People want different things and now there is a game for non-raiders too.

(edited by Ameepa.6793)

in Suggestions

CrimsonOmen.7865

@xenkaidos That couldn’t be more of a hypocritical wall of text if you tried. You first stay how, and I’m just going to sum your generalization into another one, how people who actually want more of an end game are elitists, obsessive, obligated, demanding, childish, etc, yet you then go and say how “account bound” achievements are the biggest issue to you? Give me a break. Please focus on important issues as account bound achievements are the least of anyones worries right now.

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

For example: I made a new alt and had my 1000 revives title on my alt. Someone accused me of cheating because I already had the title at lvl 1. (as we know, reviving someone grants xp. even at 5xp per revive that’s more than enough to level you passed level 1). So, there’s going to be accusations from new players and players who have yet to get that title.

Those people come from other MMOs than GW1. Any GW1 player won’t do this because this is the only way he can show he is a veteran in the game and not a noob level one

in Suggestions

CrimsonOmen.7865

Actually that is one of the reasons why TOR failed. Only new content after launch has been two new raids. There is absolutely nothing to do if you do not raid or gather gear.

But if raiding and gearing is the only thing you want, why not play a game that is centered on that instead of trying the change the only one that does things differently?
People want different things and now there is a game for non-raiders too.

“A game for non-raiders”. Why does that statement even exist? If the raiding / gearing content was already implemented and you didn’t have the incentive, motivation or the general want to raid, why even bother? The game as it stands is not consistent enough for those of us who actually WANT an end game motivation. If you don’t like raiding, you don’t have to! That’s what made the game we don’t speak of so successful and STILL sadly successful regardless of their implementations. The idea of having 1) choices 2) motivational features 3) End game content are the 3 fundamentals of any mmo staying alive longer than the year mark. I can promise you that if their isn’t a change, or any announce plans within a year to create some form of rewarding end game content, this game is going to lose a very massive chunk of players, and anet knows that.

A game will not survive without a hardcore community. Especially without a subscription fee. If they want people to continue to playing and buying gems that PAY for all of our gameplay….they will have to change something, and soon.

(edited by CrimsonOmen.7865)