Guildwars NEEDS SOME GUILD WARS

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silynse.5241

Silynse.5241

Ok I like this game. Its not the best Ive seen, but its pretty entertaining since the MMO market is total #*&$ these days.
However, after being in the game on and off again since its release I have one problem that has yet to ever be addressed, and when I ask players in game about it, I get the same questions out of them that I have. And simply it is this: Where is the GUILD WARS!?
Spend thirty levels grinding, and maybe play WvW and some PVP? Guild and the necessity for team play in this game is attrocious. I like having friends, but as far as the need to form or be in a guild? No need at all. In fact, its kind of a hinderance since most guilds have rules, and needs and wants, and you get next to NOTHING you cant do on your own out of it.
I would like to suggest that instead of introducing new battlegrounds to hook FTP gamers, that the devs actually introduce political content and lands to be held and fought over by GUILDS so that they might have some kind of political gain, ability to improve armor and items that non land holders dont, and the access to items others cant have. And allow alliances so that allianced guilds to either warring faction can also have part in the spoils on some level.
Do something… please… cuz after all this time and hoping from ALOT of players that the actual games name would hold up to its original gameplay in GW 1, we NEED more than what GW1 gave us. The arena was cool, but all WvW, and PVP is in the GW2 is inflated GW1.
Love your game. Just getting really bored of the grinding for no reason other than to have a collection of armors and weapons. And your guys’ updates, and material in the updates is not just practically unoriginal and boring, but its nearly useless. IE: Candy and constant dragon treasure box drops that only give more candy and some useless fireworks. Candy is even more useless as it gives you a speed burst, then makes you walk at a snail pace for half as long…. whos dumb idea was that to impliment? What are we teaching nutrition class to all the MMO gamers now?
Come on devs… do what you promised in the begining, a dynamic game that is player driven! Give us the ability to wage real war. If a dev reads this and wants to talk, Im all ears and got some really great ideas.

(edited by Silynse.5241)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eladriel.7295

Eladriel.7295

Ok I like this game. Its not the best Ive seen, but its pretty entertaining since the MMO market is total #*&$ these days.
However, after being in the game on and off again since its release I have one problem that has yet to ever be addressed, and when I ask players in game about it, I get the same questions out of them that I have. And simply it is this: Where is the GUILD WARS!?
Spend thirty levels grinding, and maybe play WvW and some PVP? Guild and the necessity for team play in this game is attrocious. I like having friends, but as far as the need to form or be in a guild? No need at all. In fact, its kind of a hinderance since most guilds have rules, and needs and wants, and you get next to NOTHING you cant do on your own out of it.
I would like to suggest that instead of introducing new battlegrounds to hook FTP gamers, that the devs actually introduce political content and lands to be held and fought over by GUILDS so that they might have some kind of political gain, ability to improve armor and items that non land holders dont, and the access to items others cant have. And allow alliances so that allianced guilds to either warring faction can also have part in the spoils on some level.
Do something… please… cuz after all this time and hoping from ALOT of players that the actual games name would hold up to its original gameplay in GW 1, we NEED more than what GW1 gave us. The arena was cool, but all WvW, and PVP is in the GW2 is inflated GW1.
Love your game. Just getting really bored of the grinding for no reason other than to have a collection of armors and weapons. And your guys’ updates, and material in the updates is not just practically unoriginal and boring, but its nearly useless. IE: Candy and constant dragon treasure box drops that only give more candy and some useless fireworks. Candy is even more useless as it gives you a speed burst, then makes you walk at a snail pace for half as long…. whos dumb idea was that to impliment? What are we teaching nutrition class to all the MMO gamers now?
Come on devs… do what you promised in the begining, a dynamic game that is player driven! Give us the ability to wage real war. If a dev reads this and wants to talk, Im all ears and got some really great ideas.

Guilds have long ago put their differences aside and stopped waring with each other..

Together we stand in the face of evil!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silynse.5241

Silynse.5241

Guilds have put their differences aside…… so this should be GRIND WARS! no no no. This game needs depth between the guilds otherwise its just fasttravel to the storyline point and grind grind grind.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Yeah, sounds like a great plan to fight among each other while there are massive dragons threatening to consume everything around…

I think you have actually missed the whole setting for GW2 to be honest.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mist Y.5214

Mist Y.5214

Saying this game is like GW1 is ridiculous. They have nothing in common that isn’t either cosmetic or just common to MMOs in general.
It seems that what you’re asking for is GvG or a guild-based version of WvW. GvG is cool and I believe it’s coming eventually. It’s already possible to go into WvW and do stuff as a guild, although it’d be lush if they added more stuff like paying for upgrades with influence.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

You know what would be cool is if they designed GvG to be similar to WvW, but take place in PvE zones. What I mean is a guild can start a GvG match-up the same way they start a mission. To start the GvG, the leader selects a map and everyone in the guild clicks on a thingy in that map (lets say Metrica Province for example) and they are teleported to an instanced version of Metrica Province where the buildings are set up as objectives just like towers and keeps in WvW. Guilds can then battle it out for control of Metrica Province.

They had a special finale event in the beta that took people to a pvp instance of Metrica Province, so I see no reason they couldn’t design it this way. Imagine fighting in a pvp instance of Divinity’s Reach. Maybe more than two guilds at a time can fight in order to make filling up the map easier. Let’s say 3 guilds get matched against each other at a time and each guild can bring a max of 15-20 people? Heck, they could even design a smaller version for smaller guild fights by designing it more like DOTA with a lot of NPCs moving around fighting.

Hell yeah, small GvG could be like the DOTA-esque pvp game they had on Halloween, only designed for 10 vs 10 and taking place in a smaller section of an instanced PvE zone.

And the guild that wins the battle in that zone would win “ownership” of some related PvE area in that zone, which would unlock some kind of unique benefit for that guild as long as they hold it. Maybe it can be access to a karma vendor selling unique armor/weapon skins. Or maybe access to a special jumping puzzle. Or it could be for a buff to all build member’s magic find, exp, gold find, PvE health/damage, etc. Battles for a particular objective can be held every few hours so that guilds either have to continue to fight for ownership, or give it up to the next guild. We could put a 1 objective per guild limit and keep the benefits cosmetic/optional so that we aren’t excluding people from required content.

(edited by Xenon.4537)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

You know what would be cool is if they designed GvG to be similar to WvW, but take place in PvE zones. What I mean is a guild can start a GvG match-up the same way they start a mission. To start the GvG, the leader selects a map and everyone in the guild clicks on a thingy in that map (lets say Metrica Province for example) and they are teleported to an instanced version of Metrica Province where the buildings are set up as objectives just like towers and keeps in WvW. Guilds can then battle it out for control of Metrica Province.

They had a special finale event in the beta that took people to a pvp instance of Metrica Province, so I see no reason they couldn’t design it this way. Imagine fighting in a pvp instance of Divinity’s Reach. Maybe more than two guilds at a time can fight in order to make filling up the map easier. Let’s say 3 guilds get matched against each other at a time and each guild can bring a max of 15-20 people? Heck, they could even design a smaller version for smaller guild fights by designing it more like DOTA with a lot of NPCs moving around fighting.

Hell yeah, small GvG could be like the DOTA-esque pvp game they had on Halloween, only designed for 10 vs 10 and taking place in a smaller section of an instanced PvE zone.

And the guild that wins the battle in that zone would win “ownership” of some related PvE area in that zone, which would unlock some kind of unique benefit for that guild as long as they hold it. Maybe it can be access to a karma vendor selling unique armor/weapon skins. Or maybe access to a special jumping puzzle. Or it could be for a buff to all build member’s magic find, exp, gold find, PvE health/damage, etc. Battles for a particular objective can be held every few hours so that guilds either have to continue to fight for ownership, or give it up to the next guild. We could put a 1 objective per guild limit and keep the benefits cosmetic/optional so that we aren’t excluding people from required content.

This actually sounds pretty cool! o.o Hope something like this will be added!

\||||||/
O°v°O

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mist Y.5214

Mist Y.5214

WvW already takes place in PvE zones. WvW maps are full of PvE stuff.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

WvW already takes place in PvE zones. WvW maps are full of PvE stuff.

True, there are pve elements in WvW, but it is primarily viewed as a PvP game space. I think that setting the GvG battles in some familiar PvE locations would make GvG look and feel unique, and not just a copy/paste of WvW. Not only would the setting be different, but the combat dynamic would be unique due to the more structured, instanced nature of it.

Imagine a battle in Kessex Hills where one guild spawns in the fishing village, one guild in the centaur stronghold to the east, and one guild in the caves to the north. There are several spots, like the building in the center, that are ideal as objective capture points. The village could spawn seraph guards, centaurs from the stronghold, and skritt from the caves. The battle lasts up to 15 minutes, or until a certain threshold of points are scored. The winning guild gains “control” of the map, their guild name is displayed as being the current “owners” of the area, and members of that guild get access to a few special NPCs and/or secret areas such as a jumping puzzle, or even special access to an “elite” guild puzzle. 3, 5, or however many hours later, any guild is allowed to initiate a GvG matchup for that area and attempt to take control.

I just realized a small problem here. Say guild [One] wins and takes control of Kessex Hills. 3 hours later [One] is busy doing something else, but [Two] wants to take over Kessex Hills. [One] isn’t prepared to enter a match or has no idea that [Two] wants to battle, so [One] doesn’t get matched into the GvG fight. There’s some obvious unfairness here. Suffice to say, I think logically should [One] not participate in the second battle, then the battle timer should exist as their surrogate defender. [Two] and [Three] have to reach the score threshold before the timer runs out. Say for example they need 500 points to win before 15 minutes are up, but the highest score is only 400. Neither [Two] nor [Three] gains control of the map, although the one with the higher score still gets credit for the battle victory (karma, tokens, whatever).

That was a lot more long-winded than I anticipated. I do so enjoy fleshing out ideas though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

GvG PvP battles – OK
Guilds fighting Guilds for land, ranks – Not OK.

What many people don’t seem to realise, because they don’t know the lore, is that the GUILD WARS ended many, MANY years ago. Way before the setting of even GW1. Guilds do not fight guilds anymore because there are bigger things to be worrying about.

But implementing Guild Halls and GvG is something I think should be considered, but it should by no means be on the top of the to-do list. GvG was terrible in GW1. Nobody played it. Guild Halls were a lot more useful, but still should not be top priority. GvG battles could be awesome, but first ANet need to fix WvW and sPvP before they even consider making a completely new mode.

| Lithia |