GvG Arena [Merged]

GvG Arena [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: kobi.5236

kobi.5236

Edit * Still working on the picture adding it later but i felt like i allrdy could post this with a crappy picture*

Hey guys since I heared that anet is working on a GvG arena ,many old vetranes where super excited about it so I made some thoghts about one of the main problems anet has about GvG and how to solve it.

GvG – should be viewer friendly and if possible In the open World -

So I made some thoughts about GvG and how to resolve another wanted feature Guild Halls ! .

So its start with your guild hall . Guild halls could be instance and some parts of the guild hall in the open world .

Q:Wait what ? both instance and open?
A:Yes , so imagine your cool looking Guild halls , people relax in it and you can custimize it and actually other people can see it but not randomly walk into your peace zone .

Q:So how can I get a open guild hall?
A: Kobi introduces the 5th map – The Glory arena of the mist´s

On this map there is only 1 Arena and maybe the jumping puzzle . The Arena is the place where guild fight for fame and glory in a GvG match. The arena is in the center of the map and it formed like an 0 . The Arena is ofc inside the 0 and the battlefield actually can change . But later more about that .

Q: What is GvG ?
A: GvG means guild vs guild and it was a great mode in guild wars1 .
(http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_versus_Guild)

Q:Now we got a arena but where are the guilds ?
A:They are placed on the upside of the 0 in a pyramid form . Kind of hard to descrip but watch the picture ( adding a kitten one now while i still work on the good one) . This upside section in devided in 3 section – The first floor – second and 3rd .

On each floor a guild can represente your guild hall on some rooms which are open that everyone can see them . You can watch the GvG matches by just standing in your guildhall.

Q: How gets my Guild a spot on this ?
A:Fight for it ! climb the ladder and win vs other guild . Only the best are represented .

Q: But there are many guild so only maybe 20 guilds gets represented ?
A: No , Lets take a example . This weak – Riverside – Elona – Underworld are fighting against each other . So only those 3 servers can get on the 5th map and get a place for your guild .

Q: so whats if Riverside has 5 guilds represented , elona 2 and underworld only 1 . Will this have any impact on W vs W ?
A: In my opnion i would love it . Maybe you get bonus 2 points for every guild on the spot so that the guilds fighting for the server gets fame and do somethng for the matchup but what do you think ?

Q: So you can only get GvG matches fron the current Match up ?
A: No , The matchmaking will find you equal opponets but it preferes Guild from the current match up .

Q: Whats about my ranking ? How do it raise ?
A: Every win gains you some points and on every lose you lose some

Q:Whats special if my guild is on place 1 or 10 ?
A: You automaticly go into a montly battle for guild caps and good prices

Q:How can I else come to a montly tournament ?
A: There will be weekly tournaments where you can earn points to get invited to the tournament.

Q: Guild caps ?
A: yes you can wear a guild cap once you fighted with your guild in the arena

Q: I want to specate it , how do i do this ?
A: You can just port the 5th map and actually see the match in the arena just by walking by or you talk to tolkano and watch it by the observer mode.

Q: You said earlier the battlefield can change ?
A: Yes there a different maps and the team who has the lower Ranking can decide on which map there is getting played on.

Attachments:

(edited by kobi.5236)

GvG Arena [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: kobi.5236

kobi.5236

*place holder what do you think ?

GvG Arena [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

Your picture reminds me of something…

Ah, yes:

Attachments:

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

GvG Arena [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

So basically you want a gladiator pit?

I would prefer maps that gave tactical options. Not just run in swinging and hope for the best.

Have a look at the maps on gw1, they each offer various ways to play with objective in mind

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

GvG Arena [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

I would prefer maps that gave tactical options. Not just run in swinging and hope for the best.

Have a look at the maps on gw1, they each offer various ways to play with objective in mind

Yes, we only need an open arena, no side objectives, just straight up Team death match

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

GvG Arena [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Yes, we only need an open arena, no side objectives, just straight up Team death match

Seems boring. I agree Deathmatch should be added (only have conquest point caps), but I was more a fan of tactical mission style GvG’s of gw1. Actually could make a difference by moving or changing the game, giving ground to take it back.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$