GvG "Halls"

GvG "Halls"

in Suggestions

Posted by: AielloA.1629

AielloA.1629

As an expansion of the pretty lackluster claiming system in WvWvW, as well as a sequel to the FotM, and the introduction of GvG, I think this could really work if ANet is willing to put dev time and money into it…

By researching the appropriate Architecture things (traits? Improvements? No idea what they’re called), a Guild gets the opportunity to create a Guild Hall in the Mists. They can spend Influence at the Stabilizer Golem to upgrade the Guild Hall until it becomes a functioning microcity.

As to the GvG, the way I saw it would be to let Halled Guilds attack each other, with the hope of being able to loot a facility from their opponent’s Hall (the more I think about it, the more I think that simply “stealing” Influence from the losing Guild would work too, but it’d have to be a substantial amount), with two rounds being fought, one at each of the Guild Halls (in case of a tie, both Guilds would get a small amount of Influence).

If people think that this is feasible and/or a good idea, let me know, I just feel that the technology that’s been being researched to stabilize the fractals should have some sort of actual use, I mean, isn’t that the purpose of the Living Story? So that we can feel as if our actions impact the game?\

Anyways. Read this, tell me what you think, tell the devs what you think, and yeah!

“We fight because we can. We win because we must.”

GvG "Halls"

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zero.5307

Zero.5307

I would take it a step farther and say that they could add rare coin drops from dungeons which could be exchanged once to give them those npc’s instead of the normal WvW ones.

I would make it so that the hall starts bone dry. They could introduce different guild crafting items for the professions: Feasts that give different buffs from Chef, Different hall looks from Leatherworker, Traps From Huntsman, Different waypoint placement from Artificer, Different guard placement from Armorsmith, Different siege weapons (prebuilt) from Weaponsmith, Different team looks from Tailoring, And different merchant/utility placement from jewelcrafting.

In my opinion they could use this as a chance to ride the game of some of the low level item overflow it still very much has.

Once the guild has one of each slot in the hall filled they would then gain the ability to tame a champion to replace the one normally placed in the keep.

Then for GvG commendations give things like vaults(1000 slot), crafting stations(crafting via queuing rather than standing there but no experience), and a Guild personal Trade merchant (trade without commision). But make it so that the opposing team can sack the hall stealing from the vault, crafting stations, and Guild trade. As the champ loses health the guild holdings open up: vaults at 45%, crafting at 65%, guild trade at 95%, then at 100% they steal some of your reputation which will go to them as guild commendations. Also make it so that the guild Items (for the commendations) expire over a months period forcing guilds to risk battle.

However sPvP shouldn’t really be mixed with guild stuff out side of sPvP matches because it leaves a lot of a guilds resources and power untapped.

GvG "Halls"

in Suggestions

AielloA.1629

That’s an interesting idea, actually. I like it a lot, it’d mean that a Guild Hall would be a large-scale undertaking for the Guild as a whole, not just a couple of Officers and the Leader, and it’d also give Halled Guilds a decent power boost in all other sorts of content without forcing everyone to join a Halled Guild for endgame PvE, sPvP or WvWvW.

The sPvP thing is a good point, though, and for the guilds that want to do sGvG, there’d need to be some sort of system so that one Guild couldn’t just sack a Hall when everyone in the other Guild is offline, or maybe just separate the GvG aspect from the various buffs in the Guild Hall?

My initial idea was actually to let Halled guilds stabilize larger parts of the Fractal though Guild Dungeon-type content, and then have that land give Influence returns over time. The GvG aspect would then become combat over the stabilized Fractal landscape rather than threatening the Hall itself.

(edited by AielloA.1629)

GvG "Halls"

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zero.5307

Zero.5307

I always thought that it would be a mix of whichever servers your server is fighting at the time and your own. That the guild leader or officer could go to a ruined keep with some ncp’s and “claim” it replacing it with their own. If it wasn’t “claimed” then they don’t have to worry about attack, but then they can’t access their guild items from the commendations, though whatever they queued on the crafting stations or market would last until they expire.

Maybe something like territory to fight over good gathering areas with siege weapons and rich events for the guilds lower lvl members as well to fight over. It would be interesting to see how guilds would fight over that stuff. Depending on the map a guild or guilds might try to take an area just for access to better resources if their greedy..

GvG "Halls"

in Suggestions

AielloA.1629

And that would be a problem how? I mean, coming from EvE Online, I think that having a few powerful Guilds fighting each other for resource-rich areas would change the game for the better, and the weaker Guilds that don’t want to try and push into that sort of high-level combat would be able to take much less efficient territories that have a lower risk of being attacked. Maybe even have territory Tiers, where a Guild can only ever attack territories in their Tier or higher?

But that’s just making it a lot more complicated, and, let’s face it, ANet probably isn’t even gonna read this thread I still think it’s a good idea, though, and it’d give Guilds another reason to compete as well as another arena to compete in.

GvG "Halls"

in Suggestions

Posted by: Strago.4071

Strago.4071

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_versus_Guild

Just popping this here…don’t mind me.

GvG "Halls"

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

If they will add GvG for the PvE guys and make it zergfest#3 after WvW and hotjoin, the PvP players will just riot and burn down the Arenanet HQ… just saying.

And yes, we had both GvG and Guild halls, but those were working too well and players liked them too much, so they were left out from GW2.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

GvG "Halls"

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mighty Assasin.3816

Mighty Assasin.3816

Support, GvG was the reason I played GW1. Losing interest in gw2 because it’s lacking this component.

Lite
The Prestige [pTg]
Twitch.tv/Lite_lite