Hair Accessory Colors

Hair Accessory Colors

in Suggestions

Posted by: Skovos.6509

Skovos.6509

It would be ABSOLUTELY AMAZING if we could apply the dyes that we’ve unlocked to the hair accessory color. As opposed to just the default dye colors.

Hair Accessory Colors

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Great idea! Makes matching so much easier!!!

Kima & Co

Hair Accessory Colors

in Suggestions

Posted by: EpicHedgehog.1754

EpicHedgehog.1754

SUPER GREAT IDEA! That way I won’t be stuck with only one color gamma on my armor so it can fit the hair accessory colors. I realy hope that they will make it happen, cmon anet plsss give us some loveee <3

Not good at english ^^

Hair Accessory Colors

in Suggestions

Posted by: DownPour.5903

DownPour.5903

Oh yes! The horror when you have an accessory completely different color from the color of your gear.

Desolation

Hair Accessory Colors

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vyndetta.9415

Vyndetta.9415

This would be the single most best thing ever if anet did this. Skovos has not only mastered all the elements but is also a genius. plzplzplz do it <3

Vyndetta – Ranger- [SYNC]

Hair Accessory Colors

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

This is something that I would like to see as well, and I actually was pretty disappointed to find out, after buying a kit on gem store some months ago, that I couldn’t use my Celestial dye on that freaky bandana on my Norn’s head. I am never going to use a hairstyle with accessories in it, unless/until this feature is finally implemented.

\||||||/
O°v°O

Hair Accessory Colors

in Suggestions

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

Came here to suggest this. I need dis

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

Hair Accessory Colors

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’m going to guess that it’s tied together with hair color. That is, the game considers it to be not an separate accessory but hair that you can dye. That there are 2 hair color dye sections. One is what is normally considered hair and the other is the accessory. And since it’s “hair” it doesn’t have access to armor dyes.

To make it accessible to armor dye, would they have to code it as armor? And would that make it clash with the helms? There may be a reason why they have it separated out the way it is.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Hair Accessory Colors

in Suggestions

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

Another and an easier solution would be to simply give us more dyes for accessories.

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

Hair Accessory Colors

in Suggestions

Astral Projections.7320

Another and an easier solution would be to simply give us more dyes for accessories.

Maybe they could add empty slots to the accessory color section. And add an option to the dyes, like the PvP option for armor. Where it asks you if you want to make this dye accessory dye. Of course then you would still need to buy a hair changer kit to change the color on your character, but maybe that’s a possibility.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Hair Accessory Colors

in Suggestions

Posted by: SlaYer.2138

SlaYer.2138

I wish there were an option which I could make those accessories invisible.

Hair Accessory Colors

in Suggestions

Posted by: Talenna.4052

Talenna.4052

I wish there were an option which I could make those accessories invisible.

Me too, love the new windswept female human hairstyle, but dislike the flower.

Hair Accessory Colors

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

To make it accessible to armor dye, would they have to code it as armor? And would that make it clash with the helms? There may be a reason why they have it separated out the way it is.

Think of hair as of another helmet with two colorable areas, that we can’t unequip, unless we swap it for another helmet. Those are all swappable meshes. Same would go for the body and the underwear too.
My idea of making this work would be disabling the hair color area for the player, but enabling the hair accessory area, available for dyeing while the helmet is removed.

This is not impossible to add, it partially exist in the game already as you see in the character creator, but would require remaking the hero panel. I’m not sure why we can’t have this option, again, saying “gem store” would give you some idea of why not, though.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Hair Accessory Colors

in Suggestions

Astral Projections.7320

Think of hair as of another helmet with two colorable areas, that we can’t unequip, unless we swap it for another helmet. Those are all swappable meshes. Same would go for the body and the underwear too.
My idea of making this work would be disabling the hair color area for the player, but enabling the hair accessory area, available for dyeing while the helmet is removed.

This is not impossible to add, it partially exist in the game already as you see in the character creator, but would require remaking the hero panel. I’m not sure why we can’t have this option, again, saying “gem store” would give you some idea of why not, though.

What your saying sounds interesting, the hair as a swappable helm. But there are helms that show the hair. For example masks fit over the face and leaves the hair uncovered. Which makes me think the game doesn’t see them as a helm. So maybe they can’t use the hair area as a helm since it would clash with real helms.

Hair Accessory Colors

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

It’s absolutely no problem to display few meshes at once (head+hair+mask), game just needs to know what to display and when. The problem is to not have it clipping badly with each other, this is why hairstyles and some facial hair disappear while “closed” helmets are equipped. But nevermind this, I’m only speculating how this work, I don’t know this engine. Thou I really think changing accessory color is completely possible to add. The textures/masks are there, the function is there, the rest is, as usual, a matter of work and resources.

Making the accessory disappear as someone mentioned above, that could be too bothersome IMO.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!