Hammers seem too small?

Hammers seem too small?

in Suggestions

Posted by: xOprominence.2957

xOprominence.2957

So I think hammers look a little puny, anyone else think so?

Hammers seem too small?

in Suggestions

Posted by: DavidGX.1723

DavidGX.1723

Nope, I don’t think so. Hammers don’t need to be enormous to do massive damage.

Hammers seem too small?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Meadows.1659

Meadows.1659

I agree totally. Most greatswords are twice the size of hammers. It’s not a matter of size = damage. It’s size = visually satisfying. And hammers just look like a slightly larger 1 hander on your back.

Hammers seem too small?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raedwulf.3712

Raedwulf.3712

Frankly, half the weapons in the game look daft. But then I’m a medieval re-enactor, and a medieval martial artist, so I have a much better idea of real-world physics as they apply to weaponry compared with most of you!

I think the hammers look fine in relation to everything else.

Guild Leader, The White Company, Piken Square

Hammers seem too small?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bravix.3497

Bravix.3497

Hammers are fine, Greatswords are stupidly big.

Hammers seem too small?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tharium.7325

Tharium.7325

I’m also into believable weapons. And while guild wars is a magical world but physics still exists! The very largest greatswords would only weigh about 7-8 lbs, if a weapon weighs more than that it is simply unusable. Even the warhammers are much larger than anything ever used in reality but they are better than the greatswords. Many greatswords in this game are just so completely ridiculous and over the top. I simply can’t see how a 100lb lump of steel can look good, there is no elegance and sense of craftsmanship to it and instead of looking like a dangerous weapon it just looks comic. And when you see one of these 100lb clubs being swung about by some tiny little female character wearing a steel bikini it’s just so silly and only belongs in some anime or JRPG, not in my guild wars thank you very much.

Hammers seem too small?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

I’m also into believable weapons. And while guild wars is a magical world but physics still exists! The very largest greatswords would only weigh about 7-8 lbs, if a weapon weighs more than that it is simply unusable. Even the warhammers are much larger than anything ever used in reality but they are better than the greatswords. Many greatswords in this game are just so completely ridiculous and over the top. I simply can’t see how a 100lb lump of steel can look good, there is no elegance and sense of craftsmanship to it and instead of looking like a dangerous weapon it just looks comic. And when you see one of these 100lb clubs being swung about by some tiny little female character wearing a steel bikini it’s just so silly and only belongs in some anime or JRPG, not in my guild wars thank you very much.

I find it rather amusing that you seem to have developed some sort of indignant “us vs. them” mentality against stylized fantasy when GW1 had loads of skimpy, impractical armors and flaming swords. Realism has never been a factor, and being derisive of entire genres of material is not helping your case.

Sorry, it’s not “your” Guild Wars.

Hammers seem too small?

in Suggestions

Tharium.7325

I played GW1 too and know full well the impractical armours and weapons there and in many other fantasy games. But I was only expressing my personal opinion about over the top huge weapons in video games and the reasoning behind why I don’t like them. And what do you mean it’s not my Guild Wars? I thought I was the only person that mattered in this community and the entire game was built just for me…. It’s just a saying mate, doesn’t mean I literally believe it.

Hammers seem too small?

in Suggestions

Posted by: bobyd.4698

bobyd.4698

hammers too small, greatswords too big

Hammers seem too small?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Meadows.1659

Meadows.1659

I find it amusing that in a game full of dragons and mythological creatures your arguements are " they seem more realistic small". /facepalm

Hammers seem too small?

in Suggestions

Tharium.7325

I find it amusing that in a game full of dragons and mythological creatures your arguements are " they seem more realistic small". /facepalm

The thing is though that a sword in fantasy world is still a sword and should behave in the same way. I mean there used to be enormous dinosaurs roaming the earth of our planet and if humans had existed back then do you think they would be jumping around with 100lb steel clubs just because there were big lizards?

Hammers seem too small?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gwal.2813

Gwal.2813

Hammers looks like a toys on Asura characters

Vizunah Square [FR]

Hammers seem too small?

in Suggestions

Posted by: tzko.2370

tzko.2370

Hammers look fine for size, but most of them look the same. A square block on a stick… Only encountered one good looking hammer and that one was actually lvl 12. Guess ill drag that skin around for a bit

Hammers seem too small?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

This is a pretty subjective thing as everyone’s tastes differ. However, GW2 is a fantasy game, I do want my two-handed hammers to be slightly larger than life. I don’t mean hammers the size of sky scrapers, but just look at those LOLGREATSWORDS compared to hammers. Some of them are even smaller than staves on my Guardian and feel more like croquet hammers. Of course, being asura has a bunch to do with this as it definitely feels more noticeable on this race.

Hammers seem too small?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ixal.7924

Ixal.7924

So I think hammers look a little puny, anyone else think so?

Everything else is ridiculously big.

Hammers seem too small?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

Hammers are just disappointing. Especially the legendary hammer. I mean, the hammerhead is so tiny. So so so tiny.

Hammers seem too small?

in Suggestions

Posted by: CC Ivonne.6782

CC Ivonne.6782

Community Coordinator

Hello everybody,
as this conversation seems to have run its course, the thread will now be locked.
Thanks for your suggestions.