Hang gliders (no, not flying mounts)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

Hang gliders

Players would climb to a high point (much like they do for the diving locations), and jump off the cliff with their hang glider. Epic way to get an aerial tour of Tyria.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

You know what else could give you an aerial tour of Tyria? How about this system where you find these places, typically hard-to-reach, and then when you get to them, you can activate them to look around the surrounding area with a camera. That sounds cool. I think it should be called “Viewpoint” or… “Vista”.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

Yes they could add new points on the map – GLIDERS, other then Vistas which players need to get there and then jump down with a glider, parachute, etc.
It will take you flying in the air but it will not last too long, you may even get killed if you don’t land in time and also it can be a sort of obstacles mini-game as you have to avoid rocks, trees, houses, etc.
They could add 2 achievements in Explorer: “Glider locations found” and “Perfect landing” while you have landed alive after using the glider because hitting an object will make the glider disappear

(edited by Ronah.2869)

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

If and only if they can’t be controlled at all, you’re at the whims of the wind.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

If and only if they can’t be controlled at all, you’re at the whims of the wind.

You are at the whim of the wind, that’s why it is limited time but you should control the direction. Probably the video I posted gives a bad impresion but I have played the agme and it really feel awesome to glide it. If you take sharp turns it may roll over and you are down, It can take a few up flows to lengthen the route but after that the speed drops significantly. It is really a good sense of adventure. I recommend you try it in one game. It is not like flying a mount. It is a game of how good you can steer and how you feel the landing

in Suggestions

Pure Heart.1456

You know what else could give you an aerial tour of Tyria? [snip]That sounds cool. I think it should be called “Viewpoint” or… “Vista”.

No.
Controllable, hang gliders. Thanks. XD

in Suggestions

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silverdawn.8947

Silverdawn.8947

This would be cool as a very slow, controllable fall. I love the idea, but I’m not sure if it would be wise to put it in the game because of the advantage it would give in jumping puzzles.

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

This would be cool as a very slow, controllable fall. I love the idea, but I’m not sure if it would be wise to put it in the game because of the advantage it would give in jumping puzzles.

there would be no advantage if they will put it far enough from them and you won’t be able to reach them. As you said, it is a fall not a climb

in Suggestions

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

there would be no advantage if they will put it far enough from them and you won’t be able to reach them. As you said, it is a fall not a climb

There are jumping puzzles where you have to reach a certain point below you with the least falling damage.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

There are jumping puzzles where you have to reach a certain point below you with the least falling damage.

Example please. “There are jumping puzzles” isn’t really convincing. And even if there were, who said they will put a Glider so near to reach that location?
One or two Gliders in a zone will be more then ok.

The only glider i would add in Queesdale would be the Pumps where the vista is.

To expand the idea, there would be glider skins in gem store for those who want to “show off” when gliding

(edited by Ronah.2869)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Should be controlled lift, right, not up and always descending.

in Suggestions

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

No mounts in GuildWars2. Period. Get your fill of your glider mount in firefall or whatever the game was called.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

No mounts in GuildWars2. Period. Get your fill of your glider mount in firefall or whatever the game was called.

and this is a suggestion forum and your comment is only good for a discussion. Now go to the discussion forum and let it here be suggestions. If you have nothing to improve it, don’t waste your typing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

+1

This actually sounds like fun. It’s not flying so you can’t reach the tops of jumping puzzles or vistas with it. It doesn’t allow you to skip content. It actually encourages people to explore and find high places to glide from. I’d be a lot more inclined to climb high places just to be able to glide down from there.

OP, you should post this suggestion in the forum, Black Lion Trading Co. The thread, List of things we want in the Gem Store. The Devs read that one for sure and have posted in it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: pew pew pokes q q.7816

pew pew pokes q q.7816

this is just a stupid idea.

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

this is just a stupid idea.

and this is just a stupid answer not explaining/proving anything. No argumentation at all. Just someone who needed attention. Well you got it Happy?

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

+1

This actually sounds like fun. It’s not flying so you can’t reach the tops of jumping puzzles or vistas with it. It doesn’t allow you to skip content. It actually encourages people to explore and find high places to glide from. I’d be a lot more inclined to climb high places just to be able to glide down from there.

OP, you should post this suggestion in the forum, Black Lion Trading Co. The thread, List of things we want in the Gem Store. The Devs read that one for sure and have posted in it.

Yes, it is fun. They could put them even at the end of top JPs so people can just glide from there down. Of course not all JPs would have such a feature for various reasons, but it can easily be implemented for some of them.
The glider being an" object" like diving goggles it wont be taken in the inventory and owned by the players so it won’t be at player’s disposal all the time.

Attachments:

(edited by Ronah.2869)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I was thinking more of a gem store item. You get to a high place, double click on the item in your inventory so you get a hang glider then you glide off the high spot. For something like that, I wouldn’t mind it taking an inventory spot.

If it was fixed to only certain places then people would have less of an incentive to find random high places to jump off of.

Jumping out of a window in Rata Sum would be really cool. ^^

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

I was thinking more of a gem store item. You get to a high place, double click on the item in your inventory so you get a hang glider then you glide off the high spot. For something like that, I wouldn’t mind it taking an inventory spot.

If it was fixed to only certain places then people would have less of an incentive to find random high places to jump off of.

Jumping out of a window in Rata Sum would be really cool. ^^

Than those 2 achievements I posted before wont be valid anymore.

I would combine both suggestions:
- special locations to jump from in the game unlocks achievements
- both achievements done unlocks a personal glider like you suggested
- gem store sells different models for it like with the kites

in Suggestions

Pure Heart.1456

They had an opportunity to play with flight with the air balloons in Queen Jennah’s Jubilee… they lost that opportunity.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MangoMan.3218

MangoMan.3218

I think this would be a good idea, but of course, it would have to be implemented properly. Perhaps there is a NPC standing by every glider, and you have to pay some karma or something to use it. That way, there is a bit of an expense to using it.
I think one reason people might vote negatively on this suggestion is because they are afraid something could go wrong with a feature this big. However, like I said, if done right, it would be super fun to glide through the air. We have vistas, but we have never actually had the experience of flying above the world and seeing things we may not have seen in a certain way before. It’d bring new life to everything.

Just vanquishing the hate. | Ziios, TC
http://www.youtube.com/MangoMiner

(edited by MangoMan.3218)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

I guess I could just give you the excuse you’ll get from the people that don’t like cool things. Or their idea of cool is rainbows and purple wigs not this type of thing.

The game is too small, engine too weak.