"Hang in there" button

"Hang in there" button

in Suggestions

Posted by: Saeri.4576

Saeri.4576

I don’t understand how this is not in the game, but I couldn’t find out how to do it, so here it goes:

Why can I see “fallen players” on my minimap, but can’t I communicate with them to tell them that I’m on my way to help them. Seeing players who need help on your minimap is such a wonderful feature, it really promotes helping people out. But you can never tell if someone’s coming to help you, so most of the time, you just use a waypoint.
For example, I saw a defeated player on my map, he was at a skill challenge, the closest waypoint being pretty far away. I decided to go help him since he wasn’t that far away from me, but when I was halfway there this person was already gone.

I would like it if we were able to click on the little icon that appears on our map to let people know that someone’s coming to help them. Obviously, it’s still for them to decide if they want to wait for that person to show up or if they just want to use a waypoint. In this example, I could have revived the person, we could have done the skill challenge together and life would have been perfect.

So… just a click on the icon in your minimap and text appears in this player’s screen: “Hang in there [playername] is on their way to help you!” or whatever. (This way they can also whisper this person if they do not wish to be helped)

"Hang in there" button

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

That’s a good idea

Maybe you could even see the one who clicked you on your minimap until you are alive again. That would help you to see if the helper is actually coming and how long would it take, or is he just trolling and making you wait for nothing.

(edited by Ameepa.6793)

"Hang in there" button

in Suggestions

Posted by: Colonel Kernel.7506

Colonel Kernel.7506

Both suggestions are very nice, +1 each!

"Hang in there" button

in Suggestions

Posted by: MeveM.7913

MeveM.7913

Good idea, people who die out in the world always rages and respawns at a nearby waypoint before you even have time to get to them.

"Hang in there" button

in Suggestions

Posted by: DragonMind.2983

DragonMind.2983

I like the suggestion, …though maybe make it an automated whisper
to the dead player for ease of responding back to the player comming
to the rescue.

"Hang in there" button

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rise.9702

Rise.9702

Excellent Idea. I would love this because by the time I run to them they already waypointed away. 1+

You sir are a Scholar and Gentlekitten.

"Hang in there" button

in Suggestions

Posted by: quickthorn.4918

quickthorn.4918

I’m another one who would like this. It’s frustrating when you’ve just gone out of your way to reach someone and they waypoint. And when I’m downed it would be good to know that someone was near and on their way.

"Hang in there" button

in Suggestions

Posted by: Minty.9803

Minty.9803

Or it would be better if the defeated player could click a “Help, Ive fallen and I cant get up!” button. This would send a message to the chat box for everyone in the vicinity.
Just under the “return to waypoint” button you could have the “request help” button.

I’m sure most people would play good Samaritan and come to help but most people zone to the nearest waypoint 5 seconds after they die.

Maybe the new defeated message could read:
“You were defeated, why not salvage some loot while you wait "

"Hang in there" button

in Suggestions

Posted by: mystaquetz.1746

mystaquetz.1746

DAoC used to broadcast a message to the local area when you died. Such as “Jimbo was just killed by a spraggon!” You could then /whisper the guy to ask him where he was for you to come rez (if you were a healer).

It would be nice if when you clicked on the dead player icon on the map, it showed you the name AT LEAST.

Cell Two
The Assassin’s Clan (TAC)
Ebay

"Hang in there" button

in Suggestions

Posted by: Linnea.5146

Linnea.5146

I like the OP’s idea and the first reply, it would be a nice feature!

"Hang in there" button

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raine Akrune.8416

Raine Akrune.8416

That would be a great addition to the game. I always try to get to someone fast when I see a downed player in the area I’m traveling.

Please add! +1

Asuran Master Thief/Charr Paladin Extraordinaire
Khan of The Burning Eden [TBE]
www.theburningeden.com

"Hang in there" button

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dark Blue.4530

Dark Blue.4530

I think a better option would be to be able to see where people are. Have them as a different colour to party member on your mini-map.

Being able to see others would mean you would know if it was worth waypointing when downed but you could also see if there are enough people in an area to get group events going too. Too often I’ll be at an NPC for a group event and not even sure if there is anyone else around to start it with or whether to just leave it.

You could have the mini-map markers able to be turned off for those already in a big group, so their mini-maps don’t get cluttered with the dots.

"Hang in there" button

in Suggestions

Posted by: kittentoes.3427

kittentoes.3427

I like this idea. Half the time when I run to rez someone, they’re gone by the time I get to them and I was only a few steps away. :/

"Hang in there" button

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Excellent idea! I hope some version of this gets implemented. I think it would encourage the player to wait to be revived and at the same time encourage people to make a point of reviving someone.

It would be nice also if someone could have a …“Don’t revive me, I’m afk!” tag they could have on. Some folks die and say …oh well …I’ll use this time as a break and go make a sandwich. Or they have something come up and have to afk for several minutes. I’ve revived people and then to my dismay, seen them get killed again right away and realize that they aren’t there and now have more armor damage. Good deed gone awry.

Fortunatelly they won’t get more armor damage from your good deed because the armor damage comes from travelling to a waypoint, not defeat itself. So don’t worry!

"Hang in there" button

in Suggestions

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

Love it, gimme the 1st post and the 2nd post together and all is well.

Snap to it Anet .

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

"Hang in there" button

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I though of that myself, but, as always, I forget to post stuff here.

Much like you can click on Squad Commander icons, you should be able to click on defeated player icons to set them as “I’m going there”.
Then, players set that way will get icons in your map representing all other players on their way to revive them.

If they open the map and try to waypoint away, they’ll get a message saying “<Character name> is on his/her way to revive you, do you want to travel anyways?”
So you won’t miss that even if you has your map open.

This setting would disappear after 2 minutes o so, or if that player no longer has your defeated icon in their map.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

"Hang in there" button

in Suggestions

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

exellent suggestion like you target the dead player hit a hotkey then a portrait of your character appear and says Hang in there! would be neat

"Hang in there" button

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Me gusta,

very cool idea.

"Hang in there" button

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eerekai.9438

Eerekai.9438

Yes. Needed. Very much so.

I tend to play with a buddy. We clear maps together. Too many times to count, we’ve broken from our decided path because we see a downed player icon appear on the map. About 30% of the time, the player is still there when we get there. 15% of the time, they actually wait for us to rez them once we’re in the area. My buddy refuses to stop for anyone anymore. I can’t really blame him.

“I’m a-comin’, Beany-boy!”

"Hang in there" button

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

Nice idea.

15 characters.

"Hang in there" button

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

I like the idea. I am often (embarrassingly) dead at the bottom of rocks-that-should-not-be-jumped-on-by-amateurs. I have no idea if there’s anyone in the area that might be detouring to rescue me and I usually just release because I tend to be in out of the way areas.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

"Hang in there" button

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheFool.4589

TheFool.4589

+1 To this idea.

"Hang in there" button

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daenji.5280

Daenji.5280

Completely agree! Love the first two ideas and the one added for the system message from MithranArkanere! +1

"Hang in there" button

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gallian.7630

Gallian.7630

I agree with this fully but I would like to add something to this suggestion. Not only allow us to let the downed player know that we’re on our way (“Hand in there!”), but allow that player to answer us as well. That way we (would-be helpers) would know if that person is willing to wait for us or not.

Yeah I agree with this idea. Additionally, I lost too much in-game money moving around waypoints to help people only to get there with no one in sight anymore. Also, a feature like that would allow me to not risk to go revive a downed bot, rather than an actual human player (a bot wouldn’t reply to my “hang in there” call).

"Hang in there" button

in Suggestions

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

Instead of all this back-and-forth messaging, how about something simpler:

When you are downed, the location of the nearest 5 or 10 players is shown on your minimap (as if they were in your party), just as your location is (already) shown on theirs. That should make it pretty obvious if / when someone is running towards you.

If there is no one near, the downed player can simply ask for help using /map chat.

It might not be as “complete” as a dedicated message, but it’s probably much easier to implement, doesn’t need to be translated into multiple languages (which always delays implementation), etc..

- Al Zheimer

(edited by Account.9832)