Healing Weapons

Healing Weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: protovibe.8417

protovibe.8417

I think within Guild Wars 2 they should have an extra item slot available for the healing side of the game which could bring in roles within dungeons etc. This slot could work similar to underwater equipment just its a one slot only for one item.

This item will have separate abilities for each individual professional with its own healing abilities covering 1 AOE and the rest single target, but while using this your unable to do damage your only role is to heal others which could introduce the more harder dungeons which do require healing to be needed.

This could introduce separate roles into the game, what is your opinion on this?

Conditionmancer <3

Healing Weapons

in Suggestions

protovibe.8417

Also it having a cool down for example of 5 minutes before you can swtich to a damage weapon, will stop the use of being able to survive everything.

Conditionmancer <3

Healing Weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

This game has prided itself from not going down the path of “the holy trinity” since development started, where the traditional tank/healer/dps roles will not be used nor any content designed for this requirement.

As such, there is (and never will be) a requirement to have a “healer” in groups, and if there is then either you are doing it wrong or it’s poorly designed content, and as such should be reported for the devs to fix.

There are some weapons (like guardian trident) or combinations of builds (like elementalist water) which provide healing with attacks in sacrafice for damage output, but a dedicated healer is simply not required.

If it’s just a personal preference to want to play a “healer” role in a group, there must be content designed for this otherwise there would be no point to designing this role as it could break current content in a way where people won’t need to do what is required to complete the content. (ie, move out of aoe, press buttons, jump on things, whatever to avoid damage).

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

(edited by Vashoom.8512)

Healing Weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

No they shouldn’t.

Healing Weapons

in Suggestions

protovibe.8417

I see your point.

Conditionmancer <3

Healing Weapons

in Suggestions

Kulvar.1239

You want healers ? You have plenty games with this idea old school that make limitations of what a character can do or not.

You can already make a healer/supportive oriented character, but the game is quite well done and there’s no need of a dedicated one to heal with counterpart of make them unthreatening with a so low DPS that they win fights by boring ennemies…

So : No, they shouldn’t.

Healing Weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

I see your point.

protovibe understands now, no need to keep going on about it

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

Healing Weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

mmm more skills always but thats all covered by utilitys i feel if u play guardian for example u are full of protect ur team skills

Healing Weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

You want healers ? You have plenty games with this idea old school that make limitations of what a character can do or not.

You can already make a healer/supportive oriented character, but the game is quite well done and there’s no need of a dedicated one to heal with counterpart of make them unthreatening with a so low DPS that they win fights by boring ennemies…

So : No, they shouldn’t.

There is a difference between Limitations and Options, but, seeing as the Holy Trinity “Tank/Healer/DPS” was replaced with Anet’s idea of the Holy Trinity….. “DPS/DPS/DPS” I don’t see a new dedicated healing, anything, being added to this game for any profession…, ever.

Healing Weapons

in Suggestions

Kulvar.1239

It’s not a “trinity of DPS”.
Every character in GW2 is a DPS with a choiced orientated playstyle.
You can make a powerfull fighter that carry his friend by his own power, an altruistic support that give boons, heal and cleanse to his mates, a tactic master who control the field… You can mix these as you wish without a mold that restrain you. “You’re the healer, be weak, unbeatable and boring as hell by extending fight duration”

Healing Weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

Theres already an item designated for healing. Its called the guardians mace. You just dont see it much because pve is kitten easy. Walk into wvw though, Im sure people will be begging for it

Healing Weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

yes, Anet has avoided the holy trinity. But as this suggestion rests on every profession having access to a healing weapon it wouldn’t pigeon-hole people into a certain role as it is as optional as choosing healing-focused traits.
Regardless of this though I just don’t see this ever being implemented. I mean I’m desperate for new weapons in the first place, let alone healing-designated ones

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast

Healing Weapons

in Suggestions

protovibe.8417

yes, Anet has avoided the holy trinity. But as this suggestion rests on every profession having access to a healing weapon it wouldn’t pigeon-hole people into a certain role as it is as optional as choosing healing-focused traits.
Regardless of this though I just don’t see this ever being implemented. I mean I’m desperate for new weapons in the first place, let alone healing-designated ones

Glad you see from where i was coming from although i do understand now thankyou all for your replies.

Conditionmancer <3

Healing Weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sugar.4582

Sugar.4582

Oh healing not needed? ok then no more water fields at jormag , wvw clashes , nor grawl or mai trin fractal bosses o:

Healing Weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

This game has prided itself from not going down the path of “the holy trinity” since development started, where the traditional tank/healer/dps roles will not be used nor any content designed for this requirement.

Yeah, they prided themselves so much in it that many dungeon fights are completely anti melee/heals. Funny enough ranged combat and its damage scales less than melee, “High Risk High Reward” scenario. I think that very same pledge has been as much as a detriment as it has been an advantage as far as this game is concerned. ESO is taking a completely different route and while they have classes, well running around as a Nightblade with a greatsword is kind of a big deal!