Hearts become repeatable

Hearts become repeatable

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dark Blue.4530

Dark Blue.4530

Quite a few people are saying it’s too hard to make money in the game and there needs to be more to do in the game passed max level. I was just thinking that giving the Hearts a respawn time so once they are done, they don’t stay done. After all, just because you tidy up a place or kill a few rats where needed, doesn’t mean it’ll stay that way.

I have heard the Hearts might be taken out one day and why they were put in to begin with. My idea is that they just get changed so that you get these areas where there’s always something to do and once it’s done, you come back later or the next day and it might need doing again with some money as a reward. This could help people get money too outside of dungeons, crafting and gathering. There’s so much in Tyria to do with the Dynamic Events, but if people have completed all the Hearts, Vistas, Points of interest, Skills points and jumping puzzles, there’s only the meta events and gathering to pull people back into areas. If Hearts were repeatable, it would mean everyone could go anywhere and know where something for sure was happening and get money for it.

I think it would give more of a sense that the world of Tyria was always active and forever changing. It doesn’t make sense to do what’s needed in an area and never need to help again but every one else does.

It would also be great for those that are running with players new to area. Even if you’ve done the Heart before and you with someone that needs to do it, you’ll be able to do it with them and get rewarded for it instead of waiting around or helping them by only speeding up their kills.

Hearts become repeatable

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oreoz.2573

Oreoz.2573

I agree that you’re given too few to go towards too much.
As far as I know people get the gold they need for legendaries and tier armor by farming events and dungeons and to a point that’s fun…..but when you’re level 80 I’d rather get more than a few measly silver for such things when my most immediate goal costs anywhere from 30g to 300g.

Just receiving 1g from events or dungeons would make all the difference.
Heck, I’ll take 75s

Hearts become repeatable

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oreoz.2573

Oreoz.2573

and yes I know you can work the TP but that’s for more a niche crowd and not very fun to me to constantly be analyzing the fluctuations of the economy

Hearts become repeatable

in Suggestions

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Not that hearts actually give you much besides access to the vendors. I mean the reward is lucky to pay for teleporting to the zone.

Hearts become repeatable

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dark Blue.4530

Dark Blue.4530

Yeah, I was thinking about if the money actually scaled with your level too. The same could be done with the personal stories too, where the item you get gets scaled. So if you leave your story till later, you still get a useful reward in the end. Our level gets scaled down for areas, it’s not really great when we get useless items for doing lower levelled areas (including personal story).

Waypoint charges to the lower areas to complete Hearts and such don’t change to suit the level of the area, so they should really have every reward in that area scaled up.

Hearts become repeatable

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Even if ANet doesn’t want to make hearts themselves repeatable, it would be cool if there were post-completion secondary objectives that would reward a player for hanging around while a friend is doing the heart.

For example: I think all hearts have at least one type of combat objective, so perhaps once the heart is completed, the heart NPC could offer a small bounty for trophy items that drop off of the same mob. That way, players returning to the area would have something to occupy themselves with while hanging out with and helping friends who need to complete the heart. This would also encourage participation in any local DEs that involved that type of mob (since DEs tend to correspond to nearby hearts).