Help to show town clothes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Grak Steelwall.1230

Grak Steelwall.1230

Hello,

I’ve spent (like many other guildies) a good amount of gems on town clothes with time but the issue with town clothes is that to show them you need to assign a button you’re gonna forget 2/3 of the time or go H panel (and like for the minis, it’s way too annoying after some time

So I’ve had an idea : How about an option to have you town clothes show automatically whenever you’re in town?
This option would be like the Aoe loot or the fast cast ground targeting skills meaning just a little box you can tick if you want it or not.

GW1 example of something similar : you could choose to hide your helmet in towns and outposts.

One of the reasons people don’t show their town clothes is also because they don’t have access to their speed utilities. So how about making a utility you get through the town clothes or a buff or just make utilities available when wearing them.

G.S your friendly furry guardian
Beyond The Wall [Crow]
WvW Havoc Leader

(edited by Grak Steelwall.1230)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kenny Mack.2653

Kenny Mack.2653

+1 to this idea.

As long as it is a case of “opting in” to using town/armour clothing.

I for one have never bothered adding town clothes or styles to any of my alts, because i cant be bothered switching when in outpost, but if it did it automatically, i might be more inclined to style my chars.

Grak, you’re a genius!

in Suggestions

Grak Steelwall.1230

Thanks a lot Mack

Beyond The Wall [Crow]
WvW Havoc Leader

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I’d be okay with this if you couldn’t show it in WvW like capes in GW1 (you had to show your cape in PvP).

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

I for one have never bothered adding town clothes or styles to any of my alts, because i cant be bothered switching when in outpost, but if it did it automatically, i might be more inclined to style my chars

You do realise you can assign a hotkey to switch between armour and town clothes?

As it stands, I will never pay real money for virtual clothing. There are loads of NPCs in-game wearing town clothing that isn’t available to the player, yet the clothing items available in the Gem Store are so immersion breaking that I don’t even know where to begin.

When I played the beta, I assumed the lack of NPC vendors selling NPC town clothing was simply down to “beta is beta”. I didn’t realise at the time that the town clothing setup would end up being so bare-bones as to be practically useless.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Grak Steelwall.1230

I’d be okay with this if you couldn’t show it in WvW like capes in GW1 (you had to show your cape in PvP).

yeah it would be only for towns of course

Beyond The Wall [Crow]
WvW Havoc Leader