Heroes and Henchmen

Heroes and Henchmen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sai.5908

Sai.5908

How about bringing some heroes and henchmen back , most of the zones level +20 and up seems a bit barren in population , I see around 1-2 people but not a whole lot . It would be great to have heroes in the mid to higher tier zones .

Heroes and Henchmen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

you mean re add that thing that ruined guild wars 1 by making it totally unnecisary to play with other people? how about no?

Heroes and Henchmen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaz.7482

Kaz.7482

I don’t know, I’d have to agree with OP. I wouldn’t mind even just one hero-type companion to assist me. I think it’s a good idea.

Heroes and Henchmen

in Suggestions

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Unlike GW1 where zones were designed for full parties to explore, the open world in this game is designed to be balanced for single roaming players. Yes, Group Events require people. That’s the point, to draw people together. In lower level areas, these group events are doable solo.

Bring heroes/henchies into the mix and the open world now has to be made more difficult to balance it out. Then people want stronger henchmen since they’re dying constantly. See the trend?

I’ve gotta ask, how does adding NPC helpers make the zones feel less barren of players? If anything, it’ll make people see small groups of players as a single person with heroes/henchies (at a glance ofc), which would make the zones feel even more barren.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

Heroes and Henchmen

in Suggestions

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Short answer? No.

Long answer? Definitely not.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Heroes and Henchmen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

Short answer? No.

Long answer? Definitely not.

^This, and on a side note, stop trying to make henchman happen, they’re not going to happen

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Heroes and Henchmen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sai.5908

Sai.5908

Unlike GW1 where zones were designed for full parties to explore, the open world in this game is designed to be balanced for single roaming players. Yes, Group Events require people. That’s the point, to draw people together. In lower level areas, these group events are doable solo.

Bring heroes/henchies into the mix and the open world now has to be made more difficult to balance it out. Then people want stronger henchmen since they’re dying constantly. See the trend?

I’ve gotta ask, how does adding NPC helpers make the zones feel less barren of players? If anything, it’ll make people see small groups of players as a single person with heroes/henchies (at a glance ofc), which would make the zones feel even more barren.

I don’t have problems with lower level areas since they’re jam packed with people , but when you start getting to the higher tiers that’s when the population dwindles very fast . There will be times when you need help and you can’t get any because there’s hardly anyone around or they hadn’t covered that area yet . ( I do see your point on stronger heroes . )

Heroes and Henchmen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I wouldn’t mind if it was only for story mode dungeons, so I would be able to roleplay with one or two friends like we do in story instances of the personal story.
I don’t think we need it for the open world and we shouldn’t be able to use it in exploring modes of dungeons because of the rewards.
In PvP and WvW, never ever.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Heroes and Henchmen

in Suggestions

Posted by: ZachariahtheBullfrog.5302

ZachariahtheBullfrog.5302

I could see there being ONE person that sticks with you throughout the whole game.

That’s what I thought choosing your sparring partner was for the Charr (Maverick, Zinky, Reeva, etc). And for the Asura, I thought your advisor was going travel with you throughout the game.