Hexes (where did they go)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Just wanted to say I miss hexes and hexes could be used to balance conditions. I miss the way players had to chose hex removal condition removal or damage reduction. Also, If hexes counter conditions then we may have a balance triangle where hexes counter condition classes while tanky condition builds kill squishy power builds and power builds kill hex users.

Just a fun thought I wanted to give the forum.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

(edited by Zelulose.8695)

in Suggestions

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

A lot of stuff in GW2 simply got… Well… “Steamlined” I believe would be the word. I too miss some of the old GW1 mechanics, especially the ones reserved for rangers and necros (actual pet taming, using corpses to raise minions etc.)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

I believe the problem with hexes was that they required you to know the details of someone else’s class/build in order to deal with them appropriately, or even know what’s going on. Conditions, on the other hand, are the same across all classes. You know what confusion does whether it’s caused by a mersmer phantasm or an engineer’s prybar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mist Y.5214

Mist Y.5214

Literally none of the GW1 mechanics were carried over, with the exception of stuff that’s generic to MMORPGs. They didn’t even keep the professions! Ranger, warrior, thief, ele, and necro are all generic, while mesmers are totally different. When they said this game would be different from most MMORPGs, they should have just said it’d be different from GW1…