Hide Aegis

Hide Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: dbgamer.3407

dbgamer.3407

I’d like to be able to hide Aegis on my guardian so that I can clearly see my shield. I just made The Flameseeker Prophecies, and the pages are obscured by the aegis

Arkenell of Fort Aspenwood

Hide Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

I agree with you, I find the aegis shield really annoying. Supported.

Hide Aegis

in Suggestions

dbgamer.3407

Even a “double click to remove” would be beneficial – like what you can do to end some tonic effects

Hide Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bron.9647

Bron.9647

+1 to this all the way! I want a toggle.
I would rather see my shield without the aegis effect over the top of it.

Hide Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

My ghastly shield doesn’t look so ghastly with a blue hue across it.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Hide Aegis

in Suggestions

dbgamer.3407

I’m even not a fan of having the aegis on when my greatswords are up – would really like to be able to remove

Hide Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Agreed.

It’s a nice visual on its own, but when it doesn’t match anything else about your character, especially overlaying on a shield, it becomes a real eyesore.

Hide Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

I think Aegis should be activated like Dodge, and not passive, for one. (Sorry guards)

For another, we should have the ability to change its appearance and Color. It’s a tell for other players when Block is up. So its a key part of the game for WvW/PvP. If you are able to hide it, that makes players waste skills that would otherwise be blocked. Can’t have that.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Hide Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bron.9647

Bron.9647

I think Aegis should be activated like Dodge, and not passive, for one. (Sorry guards)

For another, we should have the ability to change its appearance and Color. It’s a tell for other players when Block is up. So its a key part of the game for WvW/PvP. If you are able to hide it, that makes players waste skills that would otherwise be blocked. Can’t have that.

Then make this just a PvE thing. It wouldn’t be too hard to make the toggle only work for PvE.

Hide Aegis

in Suggestions

dbgamer.3407

agree – PVE only makes sense, I suppose people would be looking for the aegis in pvp.

Even an out-of-combat disable would be useful. I just dislike seeing it when I’m trying to look at my shield!

Hide Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adrianna.3092

Adrianna.3092

just change the appearance of aegis to some sorta swirling aura around your character and not just a shield over.. your shield lol.. would look much cooler that way.. and its not like its on often unless you r guardian.. and the aura doesnt have to be obscuring.

Hide Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

I never use aegis as a tell. If I plan to strike any opponent I have to check their bar first. Got in the habit of doing that with all the stability going around. Even more so now that I run with boon stripping in a couple class builds.

Added: Because of things like aegis and blind, big skills that you want to hit should have some sort of set up anyway. A cheap expendable skill, better if the skill can be spammed. To me, that’s what auto attack is for.

Don’t think it would be a big deal giving us the option of turning it off in all modes.

Off topic, I want the retribution visual to be turned into an actual shield….minus the shifting of the color spectrum prism effect.