Hide shoes option into Equipment options

in Suggestions

Posted by: Maridot.9084

Maridot.9084

Self explanatory title. I think shoes should be able to hidden alongside gloves, helm, shoulders and backpieces.

If someone mentions it. I do not think that Chest and Leg armor shoulder ever be hideable. As they contain most of the character class identity.

Pls gief.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Iiirc the other ones are only hideable because of clipping issues.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Iiirc the other ones are only hideable because of clipping issues.

Not really true for the gloves and helmets. They became toggleable because people requested it. Anet seem to either be ignoring requests for a hide footwear (these requests were usually included in the various hide gloves threads) option, or it’s planned, but just very low down in the priority list behind a flood of bug issues.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lodovicus.1562

Lodovicus.1562

Never thought I’d want a hide footwear option outside of LOTRO for my old hobkittenaracters, but some (read most) of the Asura footwear is just plain ugly.

Not that their feet are much prettier mind you.

But +1 for hiding shoes!

in Suggestions

Maridot.9084

I can name one clipping issue with shoes… Knight boots and Knight Leggings on a Norn female. Forgot which body shape.

in Suggestions

Maridot.9084

Moreso, it would give more customization options to people. When I made my elementalist I wanted to have the Conjurer pants and no shoes like the elementalist trainer in Queensdale, but alas there were no shoes that would allow me to do that.

And various Norn NPCs walk around without shoes too.

While I know you can remove them yourself, ’tis still annoying to have to remove them and re-equip them when doing something. Ie missing stats from items just to do it shouldnt be how it is.

Edit: Confirmed further: Knight Boots and Knight Leggings have a clipping issue even on human female Body Shape 2. The Fishnet sticks out of the front side of the left boot.

(edited by Maridot.9084)

in Suggestions

uknortherner.2670

I actually thought this would be an option when I saw those developer videos showing off the elementalist’s weapons and spells and I had decided right then that my elementalist was going to resemble the one in the videos. So you can imagine my surprise in the open beta when not even helmet visibility was toggleable!

I’m not overly convinced that the stat hit from my elementalist not wearing shoes is actually that great, unless there’s an additional bonus for wearing a full set of specific (conjurer or other) armour. I know that rares have additional stats that only become active if you wear multiple items of the same type, but you only need four pieces of armour for that to take effect and my ele already has that covered (chest, legs, gloves, headgear).

Still want to see this option though.

in Suggestions

Maridot.9084

I actually thought this would be an option when I saw those developer videos showing off the elementalist’s weapons and spells and I had decided right then that my elementalist was going to resemble the one in the videos. So you can imagine my surprise in the open beta when not even helmet visibility was toggleable!

I’m not overly convinced that the stat hit from my elementalist not wearing shoes is actually that great, unless there’s an additional bonus for wearing a full set of specific (conjurer or other) armour. I know that rares have additional stats that only become active if you wear multiple items of the same type, but you only need four pieces of armour for that to take effect and my ele already has that covered (chest, legs, gloves, headgear).

Still want to see this option though.

Ah but in the end game there is a quite harsh penalty. For not using an article of gear you will lose a Superior Rune Bonus. These are slotted into gear and when you have 6 Superior runes of one type you unlock that runesets “Best” bonus.

The stats on Exotics shoes are substantial aswell so it will hurt to not use them.

Superior runes require 6 pieces of items with the same rune to trigger all bonuses.

in Suggestions

uknortherner.2670

In that case, there’s a definite need for this option then and it would make a lot more sense considering we can already hide helmets, shoulder gear and gloves and as you said above, it would allow for more visual customisation. Having yet to acquire any exotics I wasn’t aware of these additional stats.

in Suggestions

Maridot.9084

On that note I have found some clipping issues with Shoes and Legs on Light armors too. I might collect screenshots as proof this weekend to present that if it’s about clipping issues, they exist betwheen shoes and leggings aswell.