Hide/unhide gear in dialogue

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

The October 7th patch has changed the character selection screen to respect characters’ visibility options of equipment. This means that if you choose to hide your helm and/or shoulder armor, it will not show up on the character selection screen.

My suggestion is simple: Please do the same for dialogue cutscenes.

Currently, dialogue cutscenes remove a character’s headgear by default, probably to show off the realistic lip synching animations. However, I am requesting to leave this decision up to the players. This allows players still more freedom in their characters’ appearance in yet another part of the game.

And I know that it can be done, because whenever a character is disguised, the headgear part of the disguise (usually a mask) is always displayed in dialogues.

Therefore, ArenaNet, please have the dialogue cutscenes respect the hide/unhide options on both head and shoulder armor.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Revenge.3892

Revenge.3892

Seems reasonable, i remember a few times where my helmet bugged into the cutscene, and just stayed still, with my head moving freely. Was quite amusing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Seems reasonable, i remember a few times where my helmet bugged into the cutscene, and just stayed still, with my head moving freely. Was quite amusing.

What you describe is more of a graphical bug that has the added advantage of being circumvented by my suggestion. I would suggest, however, that you also post this in the bugs forum.

Still, thanks for the support.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Miyuki Kuromori.7832

Miyuki Kuromori.7832

I am in complete agreement. I didn’t transmute my Wraith Masque all the way to level 80 exotic armor just to have it removed in every cutscene lol.