Hiding non-town helmets in "explorable areas"

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

In the original Guild Wars,you had the option to hide your hood armor in towns,or the explorable areas

I personally liked this because i liked having my armor on when fighting mobs,but not when sitting around

Dungeons would be a fun start….i have goggles on my character which i would want to hide in areas besides instances like dungeons

Is this a possibility or are the “instanced” areas not similar enough to Guild Wars 1 to do it for what ever reason?
or just an idea that not enough people liked….(which i had alot of friends who did,aswell)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zinkos.7328

Zinkos.7328

Do you mean hide your helmet when wearing your combat armor? Cause there is an option for that, just not an automatic option. You can hide your head gear, shoulder and even back by clicking the little check mark on them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

yes,i know about that….
it’s the point that having to keep checking it all the time is a little bit more than a minor inconvenience for a slight armor change,when in GW1 there was an automatic change for it

in Suggestions

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

I actually like checking it. Sometimes I want my sylvari walking around in casual areas with her anon hood looking all cute dark and evil.

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

My guess is the game would have trouble with the auto toggle on/off because the towns and explorable areas are not truly different from each other. In Guild Wars 1, the explorable areas were instanced and the town areas were not. In this game, the only difference is that mobs don’t normally spawn in town. Otherwise they are the same. The auto toggle needs a way to to “see” the difference between the two areas.