Home / Faction affinity priveleges

in Suggestions

Posted by: Asilion.9213

Asilion.9213

In case anyone reading this doesn’t already know, everyone has the ability to return to Lion’s Arch (the non-faction melting pot hub) free of charge from anywhere at anytime, as many times as you want. This functionality is similar to Hearthstoning in WoW.

My suggestion is tie each character by race to their starting town and offer this same functionality. Also I appreciate once we join an order and get to a certain point in our Story, we’re able to return to the starting area of Orr free of charge as well.

My other suggestion is tie each character by order affiliation to their faction’s home base and offer this same functionality.

From a purely logical standpoint, it makes sense that if I am “welcome back to LA anytime” having not earned any particular standing with their citizens, that I would be offered the same courtesy from an order which I have attained the rank of “Commander” in.

Like most others I presume, if I want a quick trip to Orr from anywhere on the map I go > LA > Grove > Upper Commons WP > Meddler’s WP for 1s 75c. But were I to opt for the “free ride” from my order’s Asura gate after unlocking it’s functionality (which I saw as a nice perk for getting that far initially) I don’t want to be greeted by my order with:

“Welcome back Commander Asilion, how was the bus ride this time? Would you like to instantly teleport to Orr now that you’ve made it?”

There’s so little incentive already, only made more inconvenient by this oversight. It doesn’t fit…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Asilion.9213

Asilion.9213

Really I have heard this suggested already in game and rallied support but not here?