Home server system/guest change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Andrea.8246

Andrea.8246

I think most of us have experienced it already. We have to start with choosing a ‘’home server’’ which enables us to continue the game. However, choosing a server comes with tons of disabilities. Guesting is only possible on your own continent. For instance, as a European, you can’t invite an American as a guest. You can’t play with each other. I’m a bit sick of having to choose between friends and family. One half is on the American, the other on the European. Please, atleast make guesting between continents possible. I’m having a hard time missing all my buddies overseas. Anyone else have suggestions or comments on this?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dojan.3684

Dojan.3684

I’m bumping this because I feel that it’s necessary. Before I started playing Guild Wars 2 I spent 4 years in another MMORPG. Through this game I made a lot of lasting friendships overseas, I really enjoyed playing with these people, the majourity of them were from the U.S. (I myself live in Sweden).
I was absolutely thrilled to find that guesting would be implemented, so we could play on any server we wanted without any problem, and still be able to play together. It was perfect! Then guesting was actually implemented and suddenly we can’t transfer between continents.

I have played on a North American server before the guesting system was put in place, because a friend of mine in Asia played on said server. Now I’m back on European servers, and I can’t play with any of my friends in America. This is really frustrating, and I feel that it limits the potential of the community.

The Guild Wars 2 forums are international as far as I can tell, and the fanbase exists all over the world, so how come we can’t guest between servers? I can still pay to transfer, but I really don’t feel that it’s fair to force me to cough up money each time I want to play with my friends.

Please, do consider changing this!