Honey, I Shrunk the Adventurers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sharvis.9085

Sharvis.9085

In a small Asuran lab, five adventurers have gathered at the request of the genius Zojja for a display of an inventor’s new experiment: The Volumetric Reduction Contraption X1-989. After assuring Zojja of the importance of his work, the inventor shows off his new experiment by shrinking an inert G.O.L.E.M., much to the indignation of the impatient Zojja. She quips that shrinking an inanimate object is nothing new, and that she expected more from the College of Dynamics.

Not to take such an insult lightly, the inventor rushes over to his moa cages to release and then position a herd of pink moas in front of the VRC X1-989. Sighing, Zojja is reminded of a tale she heard of a moa trainer who sold dancing moas to a gullible human circus. She commands the inventor to hurry up before she returns to Rata Sum to recommend that his lab be decommissioned.

In his mad fury to quickly display the device’s power, the inventor haphazardly activates it despite its need to cool down. The experiment goes haywire and shrinks Zojja and the five adventurers to miniature-sized proportions, while emitting magical pulses that ravage the lab and the numerous experiment containers. Contained therein are a menagerie of dangerous creatures of various proportions. In a mad dash to safety, the inventor runs out of the room shouting “Honey, I shrunk the adventurers!”

What will happen now to these poor adventurers? What dangers and obstacles will they face as they attempt to reach the VRC X1-989? Will they be squished by giant moas or will the inventor’s miniaturized experiments get them first? Will Zojja’s inexorable fury be quelled at the expense of the inventor’s life? Find out sometime! Maybe. Okay, probably never.

Horrible writing aside, this is just a fun suggestion for a dungeon or story instance inspired by the towering hologram of Ellen Kiel.

Ellen Kiel: Inspiring mayhem since 1326 AE.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

don’t get me wrong, it can be fun, but it is again another thing an asura did. i’m getting tired of asuras wreaking havoc in the world with miserable experiments that can do everything.
i’m already surprised as it is they are not considered a danger for the entire world and kept at bay by the other races

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sharvis.9085

Sharvis.9085

Yeah, I think that’s part of relying on the magical and technological aspects of the Asura to tell stories that couldn’t be told otherwise. They help to explain away why certain things can happen in the universe.

An Asura did it!

I’d love to see more of the races involved in the story to mix things up. Sylvari have a lot of unexplored potential, though we might have to wait for the Maguuma Jungle for them to shine more.