Hopefully we will see some of these changes in the future

in Suggestions

Posted by: Waffles.3629

Waffles.3629

I have never played WoW before so I’m not looking for any “Go back to WoW” remarks. I did play Dark Age of Camelot for five years and there are some aspects of the game I see in GW2 now. I was quite delighted to see that GW2 decided to make a PvP system much similar to the DAOC RvR system, the three realms contesting for the keeps across the map. Anyways here is a list of things I noticed about the game and hopefully they’ll change in the near future.

- Auto Looting for badges of honor, or perhaps not making them an inventory item but a currency like Karma.

It’s annoying when you play a melee character to get badges of honor. Sometimes people don’t drop loot bags and sometimes they do. But when they do you barely notice because you have 20 people shooting at you for being so close to the front line. You are more worried about staying alive than having to loot the rewards of your kill.

- A cohesive group speed and auto follow system.

Call it lazy or not but I prefer an auto follow system. It makes regrouping and leading a group much more easy. The tiniest difference in people’s pathing can add up to huge gaps between group members. Whenever I play with my friends or guild mates I always have to lead since I am the slowest character. What I have noticed is that since there is a lack of cohesive speeds, characters with permanent passive speeds (elementalist/thiefs) tend to run ahead and initiate battles way before the party gets there.

- Party sizes bigger than 5.

Due to the lack of holy trinity there’s a lack of strategy in WvW. WvW becomes mass zergs versus other zergs. It’s no longer a battle of group composition. Thus we are left with coordination and more organize targeting system to gain an upper hand in WvW. The targeting system is quite useful in this game and I enjoy it very much. It can be potentially be more effective with larger party sizes. It is hard to coordinate with two different full groups to focus on the same target.

- Better Heals / Support Skills

I have come to accept that heals in this game were not meant to keep a team mate alive but only yourself. There’s a lack of spammable heals or target heals that doesn’t have a cool down of two minutes. My main issue is that majority of heals in the game are ground targets and let’s face it, how often are we standing in one spot while we are fighting?

I’m tired people stating that “GW 2 is a game where its marketing strategy was to not have a holy trinity and allows people to build their character they want.” Then why not give EVERY class a short cool down heal. Maybe some of us want to build our characters towards a supportive end. That is why you gave a useless healing and boon duration stat correct? If they truly didn’t want a holy trinity game they would not had implemented different types of class specific armors/weapons. In theory of a non-holy trinity game players should be able to choose what weapon they have and everyone should wear the same type of armor; thus leading to a truly diverse array of builds. However this isn’t what is actually happening in GW2, there isn’t really a huge diverse way to build your character. From what I have seen is that everyone is specializing in precision, power and toughness since the support skills in this game are so bad. Well enough of this rant.

The game is new; so it’s far from perfect. There much growth to be done.

Great things about GW 2

- Group Events/Hearts
Who knew that you could disguise grinding mobs to be so much fun.
- Targeting System
- Three faction WvW Keep System
- Multi-Guild System
- Vistas to appreciate the visual geographic scenery
- Lightbringer Tybalt

in Suggestions

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

that was not wowish at all but some rather nice suggestions, apart from the healing part. I think the heals are ok, just not used very well by everyone. As far as I know, there ARE fast recharging heals for all classes.