Horrible default income lvls.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jedi.8149

Jedi.8149

Hello A-net. Im not in any guild, couse i never found any guild that has any active members in it, the only guild i ever joined, had a large rooster of names and no ppl in it. I dont do group activities, since there are no people to group with, that i found anyway. People want elitist players, im a casual player, seems the game has no room for ppl like me, the point is, i dont “farm” in any groups, and indeed, simply dont farm. I just played the game from start to finish best i can manage. The thing is, dont know how good or bad income balance for group activities, since im not an elitist, i have no choice but to game alone, and income is absolutely horrible. I made about 20gold in past 8months. Thats it. I cleared 86% of the entire map, and only managed to scrape by enough to afford vigil armor, repair services and teleportation The drops are simply too low. Its very frustrating, i dont mind been forced to play solo, and be punished for not being a pro, however, running out of coin to repair or teleport my way out from one area to another, simply because there is no income to be had anywhere, well it really sucks. basically, i have to kill every moving thing in any one area, just to scrape enough to repair my armor and teleport to the next area ? This is way too brutal ! Please adjust ether the loot, or the cost of basic services. Look at Guild Wars1 for inspiration, in that game it was not only possible to have as a casual player, basic income, it was even possible over time to get enough to afford an elite armor ! It didn’t take 5 years to do it, ether !

in Suggestions

Jedi.8149

make teleport and repair free, and u will solve that problem entierly, people like me will only need to go through 8month long grind just once, to get lvl 80 armor, and would not need money anymore, making every1 happy.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I’m not rich either, but I gather my armor by simply doing the dungeons with random friendly players. This eventually earns me enough tokens to get the armor pieces.

By farming places like Fractals and Cursed Shore I make quite a bit of money. You have to learn how to tag lots of enemies during these massive group events, so you maximize your drops. Magic Find really isn’t all that important, just hit lots of foes.

And I play the Trading Post a bit, to make some money along the side. Some of the crafting materials sell for quite a bit of money, and since I’m not using them, that’s more free cash.

Then there’s of course the new dungeon that can earn you some valuable drops (like the monocle, if you’re lucky), and usually a few gold items. The Secret of Southsun event was a perfect time to quickly earn a lot of gold by farming the events.

You can also save a lot of money by not teleporting to waypoints so much. Use running skills, or travel through the Mists for no fee (free ride to Lion’s Arch).

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

make teleport and repair free, and u will solve that problem entierly, people like me will only need to go through 8month long grind just once, to get lvl 80 armor, and would not need money anymore, making every1 happy.

If you think a bit further, you’ll see that inflation will occur and prices will rise. Not that cultural armor, of course, but on the TP yes.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

in Suggestions

Jedi.8149

Mad Queen, thank you for your input. I know it is possible to manipulate the market for extra income, and i know, i can if i ever want to, become a an elitist jerk who “knows everything” so that other jerks would group with me to do dangeons, there by improving the income. But thats just it, i dont want to play the market, and i dont want to be a snob ether, i just enjoy the game as it is, and if the only way to do so, is to play alone, so be iit. Point is, i dont understand, why it takes to go through the entire compaign, from start to finish, just to scrape some lvl80 armor ? Its too brutal, i didnt play this game in any way too different from how i played GW1, yet im having massive income issues in GW2… Maybe something wrong with the game too ?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

The problem is that in this game, if you do not farm and run dungeons, your income depends a bit too much on mere luck. Some weeks ago I was levelling up my alt in Sparkly Fen, from a random mob I got one exotic ring level 62 as a drop. I sold it on LT earning 5 golds. Other days, I can only spend money due to receiving nothing but junk and blue items…they should increase a bit the amount of rare and exotic items dropping from mobs, just a bit, or even better. I would love if some daily tasks were added (Not like dailies we already have) but some true missions, hard, but extremely rewarding, a bit like ZM’s but totally reworked and made soulbound to avoid exploitation.
Besides, you can try to chase events with daily chests a bit to spare some money every day! Like Dragons and Temples in Orr. It can give you up to 1 gold x day

\||||||/
O°v°O

in Suggestions

Posted by: Temariah.9372

Temariah.9372

While I agree that it is possible to make money if you try, I also agree that we shouldn’t have to try quite so hard.

I don’t enjoy farming/grinding either, and all the posts explaining intelligent ways to get money have included farming and grinding. I simply don’t like doing those things. That isn’t fun. While I realize that I willingly choose to not do something to get the income I want, I do think there should be other methods.

Maybe if the rewards for zones scaled with level? Only slightly of course, or the incentive to just craft to 80 and farm the zones for tons of money would be too great! But zone completion is really quite a task. I think it should be worth a bit more, especially for the level 60ish zones that are still fairly challenging even at 80, yet don’t reward exotics like some zones do.

Or maybe if Diminishing returns had an inverse, so if you went to a dungeon or zone that you had never been to, or only been to long ago, your drop rates would increase for a period of time, or maybe until you got your first exotic drop.

These are just some suggestions to help more casual players (or players who simply hate grinding) get some cash.

Temariah Dawnsong – “A new dawn is coming; sieze the day.”
Leader of The Harbingers of Serendipity [LIFE] : Fort Aspenwood

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

While I agree that it is possible to make money if you try, I also agree that we shouldn’t have to try quite so hard.

I don’t enjoy farming/grinding either, and all the posts explaining intelligent ways to get money have included farming and grinding. I simply don’t like doing those things. That isn’t fun. While I realize that I willingly choose to not do something to get the income I want, I do think there should be other methods.

Maybe if the rewards for zones scaled with level? Only slightly of course, or the incentive to just craft to 80 and farm the zones for tons of money would be too great! But zone completion is really quite a task. I think it should be worth a bit more, especially for the level 60ish zones that are still fairly challenging even at 80, yet don’t reward exotics like some zones do.

Or maybe if Diminishing returns had an inverse, so if you went to a dungeon or zone that you had never been to, or only been to long ago, your drop rates would increase for a period of time, or maybe until you got your first exotic drop.

These are just some suggestions to help more casual players (or players who simply hate grinding) get some cash.

I like your suggestions, if they added something like this it would be great!

\||||||/
O°v°O

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Many of these things were proposed in Nov 2012 to help them understand that they were destroying their own economy in the process of messing with loot ratios and add DR to the open world and dungeons.

I don’t want to burst anyone’s bubble of hope but it’s been almost a year and I and others like me really aren’t expecting anything fantastic when it comes to money in this game because they still use the gold to gems standard, until they remove that they will continue to keep the prices high and the gathering of gold low.

Ever wonder why we don’t have a hearthstone? Or why they don’t allow every class to run the same permanent speed? Or why they don’t have mounts? Or DR when the bots have long left this game? (haven’t seen a teleporting bot in a long long time now in Orr porting between gathering nodes)

They claimed they’d be doing something about the rewards system and I was seriously expecting it on this major patch but it just doesn’t seem to be priority it’s like they think people will keep playing forever and that it doesn’t matter what they do people will still spend money on their product.

I hope for the sake of those of you who stayed that I’m wrong but at this point with the recent patch showing us the poor decision making process is still very much alive I just have no hope left after almost a year of waiting for even something as simple as a ui patch.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oberon Vex.1389

Oberon Vex.1389

First: no one is ‘forcing’ anyone to play solo. That is a personal choice. If you find that your current server has a lot of ‘elitist jerks’ then perhaps you should swap to a different server. Guest on and see which ones u like. So long as the population is at a low point you can swap for free (or at least you could last time I checked). As for making money: use your laurels to get the tier 6 crafting bags and sell the loot they drop. Also: join in on the world boss events, you will net at LEAST one rare. Karka Queen drops a guaranteed 2. Either salvage them for ecto or sell on TP. If you use a third-party site to tell you when the bosses are spawning you can just take a short break from whatever you are doing and quickly finish the world event as there will undoubtedly be a hundred or so other players doin it. WvW can also be a great place to make money; you can either roll with a zerg or fight alone. In a zerg setting you will be more secure and as pretty much all activities in WvW count as events you will be constantly getting money/karma/exp on top of whatever loot you get from killing people. If you are ‘outmanned’ (the opposing team has more players in the area) then if you die you will not sustain armor damage and thus won’t have to worry about repair costs.

These things do NOT take long (especially the world bosses) and will net you at least 1gold a day if you are a casual player like me, much more if you put a little more effort into it. Killing random mobs will not net you much money at all, even in lvl80 zones.

To sum up:

Do your daily as often as you can

Try your hardest to get your monthly (gives 10 laurels which will net you 10 crafting bags which will give you ~4 tier 6 mats to sell EACH)

Do world boss events

One dungeon/day will net you 26s, I recommend Cathedral of Flame, its fast and there are always loads of ppl looking for group for it. A fractal will likewise net you some decent coin

WvW will give you a change of pace and possibly help you save on repair costs, and you might meet some players to play with in small group settings.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Euthymia.4807

Euthymia.4807

First: no one is ‘forcing’ anyone to play solo. That is a personal choice.

It’s a personal choice that’s often made for you. I’ve had more than one friend leave the game because they were sick of being asked to link their gear in chat to be allowed the privilege of doing a dungeon. If your gear isn’t good enough, then you’re not allowed to group with people to do activities to get better gear. It’s a self-fulfilling cycle of elite-ism. It’s a plague that ruins many games for a lot of people.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SiegHawk.7981

SiegHawk.7981

It’s a personal choice that’s often made for you. I’ve had more than one friend leave the game because they were sick of being asked to link their gear in chat to be allowed the privilege of doing a dungeon. If your gear isn’t good enough, then you’re not allowed to group with people to do activities to get better gear. It’s a self-fulfilling cycle of elite-ism. It’s a plague that ruins many games for a lot of people.

Ok I’ve never heard such thing about need to show your armor to be able to get accept into the group. I’m guessing that is a noob group. Real pros never ask for what armors others are wearing I do COF ofthen and its like the only dungeon I do and every group I did we were able to beat it iwith any class :P, some were even wearing Masterwork grade armors. So I don’t really buy that or the server your in are full of bags.

Dragonbrand [EAT]
All I want is pure destruction!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Jedi if you are interested I co-lead a very casual guild on Sorrow’s Furnace with like minded individuals in regards to your point of view on the game that does dungeons and maps and whatever can keep us occupied and entertained. We have people that will help teach and help you accomplish in the game. Message me for more information if you’re interested. I hope you find what you’re looking for.

in Suggestions

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

Nice straw man.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

“First: no one is ‘forcing’ anyone to play solo. That is a personal choice.”

This is the argument that people use for every bit of GW2 content that is controversial. RNG, Legendary weapons, armor skins, etc. Not everyone has the same ability to participate in what the game offers for a wide variety of circumstances and it’s unfair that these players miss out on the best aspects of the game.

It’s an easy argument to make because the game is designed to give simpler alternatives to the most expensive content but it’s still unfair. Everyone should have equal opportunity to gain the best rewards. I understand that those who work harder deserve to be rewarded better, and that is perfectly fine, but there is a massive discrepancy between the players who can and the players who cannot.

This also happened in the GW1 economy between the players that completed speed clears and those who did not. It takes so long to accumulate wealth if you are not pounding your life away at the computer that it is greatly discouraging to continue to work towards long term goals.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lokiflux.2810

Lokiflux.2810

My wife just does dailies and then spends laurels on things that sell well. She’s insanely lucky on dyes, so she makes money off of that. She hates farming, but always seems to have more money than I do, and I DO farm from time to time. I personally only farm in my spare time and I’ve yet to run into any income issues. I usually sell my UnIDed dyes though and don’t get caught up in RNG. I also salvage everything, craft, and do things that don’t require farm and make a decent amount.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SiegHawk.7981

SiegHawk.7981

Hello A-net. Im not in any guild, couse i never found any guild that has any active members in it, the only guild i ever joined, had a large rooster of names and no ppl in it. I dont do group activities, since there are no people to group with, that i found anyway. People want elitist players, im a casual player, seems the game has no room for ppl like me, the point is, i dont “farm” in any groups, and indeed, simply dont farm. I just played the game from start to finish best i can manage. The thing is, dont know how good or bad income balance for group activities, since im not an elitist, i have no choice but to game alone, and income is absolutely horrible. I made about 20gold in past 8months. Thats it. I cleared 86% of the entire map, and only managed to scrape by enough to afford vigil armor, repair services and teleportation The drops are simply too low. Its very frustrating, i dont mind been forced to play solo, and be punished for not being a pro, however, running out of coin to repair or teleport my way out from one area to another, simply because there is no income to be had anywhere, well it really sucks. basically, i have to kill every moving thing in any one area, just to scrape enough to repair my armor and teleport to the next area ? This is way too brutal ! Please adjust ether the loot, or the cost of basic services. Look at Guild Wars1 for inspiration, in that game it was not only possible to have as a casual player, basic income, it was even possible over time to get enough to afford an elite armor ! It didn’t take 5 years to do it, ether !

First time hearing that someone who played for 8 month only made 20 gold and already try their best. I only played for 3 months and I earned about 173 gold, and the rest 500 gold I trade with gems

Dragonbrand [EAT]
All I want is pure destruction!

in Suggestions

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

I’m no pro and I run solo about 75% of the time. If I wvw its about 10g a week and if I do strictly pve I make about 20g. This is after Wp and armor repairs. 15-25 hours a week. I don’t see a problem.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

If you do your daily and one or two world bosses, you should net a gold easy. Another thing I do is gather all in sight and sell off what I don’t need. I’ve been able to rack up 10 gold some days with these methods.
Gold Sinks are what keeps the base price of most exotics between one and two gold.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

(edited by Dual.8953)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

OP I don’t think its fair to complain about the amount of money you earn in game when there are plenty of ways to get it regardless of your play style, especially when the main problem just seems to be you aren’t willing to put any effort in.

-Meta Events
-Dungeons (works with pugs or friends)
-Fractals
-WvW (join a zerg or a smaller attack squad)
-Farming (either killing mobs of gathering materials)
-Events
-Crafting (not everything but you can learn what is worth crafting)
-Playing the tp
-Mapping
-Getting event items to resell when event ends

Most things you do in this game earn you some kind of currency and if you are unwilling to do any of them you should really question whether this is even the right game for you.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books