Housing idea.

Housing idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Addictive.9387

Addictive.9387

I have always been a fan of housing in games. By housing I mean actual housing on the map. Not clicking a sign post or button and being teleported into a “house” instance.

One game that has had the best housing systems of any games I have played is called Tibia. You would actually rent houses on the map with your virtual currency and you could decorate them as you please, store items, “sleep” in them, and invite others into it, make them sub owners, specific rights, ect.

I’d love for guild wars 2 housing to be like this, though it will be difficult with the number of players. Obviously houses should be somewhat exclusive and cost a sufficient amount that a player would need to work to get it. of course different sizes and features can add or subtract value from the house.

My idea for this is to have certain maps have housing maps attached to them. Theses maps would maintain the style of the zone they are attached to, but would be some what cookie cutter in layout. You would then buy a plot of land where you can construct your house. All kinds of additional upgrades could be chosen to make your house physically bigger, inside and out. I also like the idea of being able to display your mini’s, display equipment, having house pets, house buffs, and the idea of house events.

Random house events could be just like the ones on the main maps, kill the burglars, fix the sewer system, rat invasion ect.

Anyway what do you guys think?

Yak’s Bend Zakaru [ONE]

Housing idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hjorje.9453

Hjorje.9453

I will have to say I really like your idea. But the idea of them being on the map won’t work with GW2 in my opinion. I think a really good idea is to have the home instances be used for housing neighborhoods. This would allow multiple players in each neighborhood and would also help with the overall amount of players on each server. You could have neighborhoods in all the major cities and even do Guild Hall neighborhoods or in the same one.

But housing will need to be attached to the main cities I would think for ease of use and development and just create neighborhoods similar to LOTRO did to help with the number of players.

Hjorje

Housing idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

To make your idea come true, they should add a sort of expandable zone unlike what we have now in the game, because the number of accounts that will actually have a house in there will be huge so it will be like a City not like village.
The idea would be nice if while you are offline, your character will actually be in that city walking, doing things, act like an NPCs. I think this is possible because we have lots of NPCs in cities now The last character you played when you logged off will be there in the HOME City.

Housing idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

The way housing is done in Rif# would be the easiest to implement in this game.
*house is instanced in the open world
*players can live where they want in the open world
*It would work like a personal story instance