How Future One Time Events Should Run

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bob.8456

Bob.8456

I think these changes are the bare minimum that need made going forward with One Time events:

1 – NOT on free trial weekends. Who thought it was a good idea to start off new players on end game content? It would have made much more sense to run the free trial over the Halloween or Christmas event.

2 – Coded so that rewards are one per account.

3 – Anyone with flagged completion of ANY of the meta events throughout the weekend should receive rewards in mail at the completion of the weekend. If the event itself won’t run more than once, why not reward everyone who helped at any stage of the event? This effectively would have given everyone 3 chances to participate and receive rewards in the Lost Shores.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tera GX.8149

Tera GX.8149

I agree on this. While I’m standing there proud in my well-equiped high-achieving lone character of mine, I felt so disadvantaged to hear players with multiple characters could get this amazing loot with little effort, while there’s no way I’d slap together a hurried character when I want to have an attachment to them.

But then I reflected on the situation around the earlier karma exploit. Really, some of the communications going on was rather dishonest behavior regarding what was intended to be happening.

Mail was literally the first thing that came to mind when I heard some of the less sincere discussions. Mail as the medium for reward does make a lot of sense. Though there is quite an experience difference between that massive chest shining and ugly mail. But mail seems so much smoother for one time events.

Tera Xenphos of Fort Aspenwood (guildless, deliberately)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

I totally disagree with point 2. What is your problem if I played a warrior in the event and got a staff for my future elementalist and bow for ranger too?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thrutian.7931

Thrutian.7931

Another good idea is to just have large instances. Players gather up on the map, when a certain amount of players have joined, the event kicks off. If you complete the event fully then you get a reward and you will be unable to get a reward or re-enter the instance (just to support the fact that it’s meant to be a one-time event). This idea is simple and is better than what they had in place because players can join when they want.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bob.8456

Bob.8456

I totally disagree with point 2. What is your problem if I played a warrior in the event and got a staff for my future elementalist and bow for ranger too?

I can’t tell if you misunderstood or not. If you complete a one-time event and then log into overflow servers to complete that event again for more rewards that is an exploit. Whether or not ANet will go after those who did so or not is completely outside this discussion that is for them to decide, but it IS an exploit. Why else would they script the event to be ONE-TIME ONLY but for it to be ONE-TIME ONLY? People mouthing off about how they exploited the overflows are more than a little dumb for doing so for this reason. If you did it and got more out of it, good for you…now shut up.

If you are saying that you got rewards for other classes than your main for doing the event…ok, that’s kind of how the loot system works…I don’t know what else to tell you. Save it for another character like you said or trade/sell it for gear you can use.