How does one use worldwide chat?

in Suggestions

Posted by: CookieMonster.7809

CookieMonster.7809

Hi all fellow players,

I got a question here, sorry for being ignorant :p I noticed there are some players talking and their names are in red in the chatbox. They seem to be able to chat and all players in the world can see it. I tried finding ways to use it and couldnt. Will really appreciate it if any of you can inform me regarding this.

Thanks in advance

A fellow player,
CookieMonster

in Suggestions

Posted by: CookieMonster.7809

CookieMonster.7809

Oh noes got in in wrong section, can mod please move it to players helping players? Sorry :o

in Suggestions

Posted by: NickChabby.8907

NickChabby.8907

Actually, it’s not a “worldwide” chat, it’s a “map channel”, which mean you can chat with everybody in your map/zone (like Metrica Province or Queensdale).

To do so, type in /m before your sentence. Like:

/m I like bananas.

To revert back to local chat, it’s /l

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eki.9841

Eki.9841

It’s not world wide, but map wide. (Which is still a very large area most of the time.)

You can either click next to the chat box (where it probably says [Say] right now) and choose [Map] there, or type /map followed by whatever you wanted to say. I believe simply /m works as well. If you want to go back to local chat (for things that the whole map doesn’t want to see (like you thanking someone for a rez (thank them, they like it)), you type /say or /s.

There are other kinds of chat as well, like Guild chat and whisper. Whisper means only a specific player gets the message.

Edit: Ninja’d Didn’t know /l worked as well.