How to Dance, Volume 2

How to Dance, Volume 2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

I remember when there were a ton of people calling for more dances. Well GW2 gave us a couple of brief, repetitive steps. Very disappointing. So where’s the uproar? Don’t tell me everyone is now satisfied with the meager offering? I never see anyone using Volume 1, so it can’t be selling well. The only time I see the new steps in-game is to light effigies on fire. A pretty dumb way to light a tree ablaze, but I guess they felt they didn’t want to completely waste the special animation.

I for one look forward to full dance routines if they give us a Volume 2. Duplicating the GW1 Prophecies dances would be a fantastic start, but there was and should be differentiation between the sexes. Male characters should not be doing the sexy female elementalist’s belly dance, and females would not look right doing the male warrior’s pelvic thrust move. But for inviting others to join, everyone should be able to join in on the “Thriller” moves! THOSE dances would sell well in the Gem Store!

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

How to Dance, Volume 2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

A pretty dumb way to light a tree ablaze, but I guess they felt they didn’t want to completely waste the special animation.

Nah, it was all for making people dance on fire rituals: remember the burning of the supposed witches by the Inquisition? Nothing in this game is there just randomly. Everything has hidden messages and symbolism to it

(edited by Ronah.2869)

How to Dance, Volume 2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hawk.3574

Hawk.3574

I would love to see the original gw dances come back and there would be no reason not to allow either sex the dances. A male charr doing the belly dance… well maybe they would need to modify the dances a bit but an asura doing thriller would make it a quick sell.

How to Dance, Volume 2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

People are not doing the dances because they need 1 free spot in their inventory to carry the book with them.
I don’t understand why A-Net is releasing things that fill up inventory when they can be just recipes to be learned by all account characters

How to Dance, Volume 2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

The Vol 2 Book should include classic dances from our favorite GW1 professions. If I could dance like my favorite GW1 Minion Necromancer and do some amazing metal jumping around I’d fall in love.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

How to Dance, Volume 2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Toast.6459

Toast.6459

We need a big ol’ norn doing the female ele dance from GW1, I see massive comedic value in that.

Doubt I’m the only one who wants the ranger break dance back either

How to Dance, Volume 2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Just for info, the dances are different between genders.

Put a male and a female of each race next to each other, both type /dance * and watch the complete dance loop. It’s mostly similar, but not completely.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)