How to Kill RMT and Hinder Botting (reasonably)

in Suggestions

Posted by: BabelFish.7234

BabelFish.7234

Make gold account bound, poof all 3rd party gold sellers pack up their bags and leave and as a consequence the naked ranger ensembles would disappear.

The only catch is we couldn’t transfer gold between each other but to combat this I suggest setting up a system that uses your guild banks to transfer gold to fellow guild members.

This would consolidate the remaining RMTs and the buyers into easily recognizable patterns which then allow for them to be punished severely.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Goldfarmers will then just invite you to a guild they create, the patterns are already there so that would be an unrectified limitation for all legit players that won’t prevent botting.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Suggestions

Posted by: BabelFish.7234

BabelFish.7234

Goldfarmers will then just invite you to a guild they create, the patterns are already there so that would be an unrectified limitation for all legit players that won’t prevent botting.

That’s the point, gold farming clans which can be targeted and dealt with.
If you want to share gold with someone legit then you simply invite them to the guild, you do your sharing and the transaction ends.

The guild part is more or less a work around to let people still give each other gold.

Making gold account bound obliterates all gold farming.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nhalx.9735

Nhalx.9735

Don’t worry about it, just read their statement.
They got a team on it now, so wouln’t worry as much about it.

Making gold account bound has it’s downsides aswell, but going in detail on that wouln’t be worthwhile.

Solely bots and account theft, with the exception of credit card fraud on false accounts would make the fluctuations possible, narrowing it down to a part that the gem system will work better next year. I wouldn’t see this becoming a tense issue anymore.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Lets-talk-about-that-GW2-Article-on-Gamespy/page/1#post558147

in Suggestions

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

If they remove mail system i quit in my opinion removing trading was a infantile and hypocrite move to begin with.