How to fix the world boss overflows

in Suggestions

Posted by: rizbliz.8579

rizbliz.8579

simple fix by making guesting place all people into the overflow and they can be pulled out by there friends who are in there team this way the people who are actually part of the server can actually do there world bosses without an issue

after the person who pulls them out of the overflow logs off they get placed back in the overflow

in Suggestions

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

That assumes that the issue is guesting, rather than the fact that lots of people want the easy loot.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Suggestions

rizbliz.8579

yes and the easy loot lag gets MUCH worse with the guesting…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Golden.4852

Golden.4852

That can’t work, you can’t ‘pull’ someone in your server, from an overflow or anywhere else, simply because:

1. There’s limitation for home servers that you don’t have in overflows (i.e.: can’t access them from an overflow by any system other than the queue system rather than right clicking ‘join in ______ zone’ on someone, can’t join a foreign server without being from it or guesting);

2. If you ‘pull’ people in, unless you break the maximum player in server slot system (which is ridiculous and can’t happen, obviously), that means you’re kicking people. Kicking isn’t like preventing people to get in. It’s just wrong to get someone to do an event with his friends and then boot him;

3. Kicked when the ‘puller’ logs out? Again, for reason two, that’s just ridiculous, as well as being annoying to code for people that have the ‘right’ to be there since it’s their home servers.

TL;DR: Can’t work.

in Suggestions

rizbliz.8579

i read but what i mean is they guest they are going to be in an overflow until the person whom they are guesting to play with accepts there guest sorta using the queue system just they dont have access to the travel button

in Suggestions

Posted by: DaWolv.8503

DaWolv.8503

The main issue with the Dragons is the number of people participating and the server-hopping mentality they went along with the last loot table readjustment.

What needs to happen is for Arenanet to completely randomize the event times so that people can’t just open their game whenever their Browser says the dragon is coming back.
It was a overall bad experience anyway, with the unplayable laggy fights, but now that theres garuantied Rare loot add another 150+ players to the mix.

These open world battles shouldn’ve been put into the game until the servers can handle it, which they clearly can’t!

in Suggestions

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

I hope anet just does the easy fix. Nerf chests! That’ll stop guesting quick.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CapN Biku.6024

CapN Biku.6024

I have an idea.
Make the chests unlootable while guesting. That way people can still guest to play with their friends, they just wont get any loot for the world bosses, which should bring down guesting a bit and not make the world boss areas so crowded

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

Or lower boss cooldowns from 3 hours to 30 minutes.

Don’t have to worry about people getting too much loot like before and would mean more times for people to get the loot so no need for everyone to pile in on one point.

Would also reduce the need to guest as you wouldn’t have to hop around to avoid a 4 hour wait for claw

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

simple fix by making guesting place all people into the overflow and they can be pulled out by there friends who are in there team this way the people who are actually part of the server can actually do there world bosses without an issue

after the person who pulls them out of the overflow logs off they get placed back in the overflow

Ugh, no. This is not the answer. Stop trying to change the very nature of the service and attack the reason the service is being abused and causing problems. The reward for the event is the reason. In order to discourage this kind of behavior the reward needs to be removed. If someone cannot guest over to another server and get a chest, especially if they already got the chest on their home server, they will not do it. Problem solved.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

I have an idea.
Make the chests unlootable while guesting. That way people can still guest to play with their friends, they just wont get any loot for the world bosses, which should bring down guesting a bit and not make the world boss areas so crowded

This is the second best option. It seems there are actually people who aren’t trying to abuse the system who guest over because they can’t complete the event on their home server, or who are a cross server guild. Disabling chest access across the board to guesting would adversely effect these people. But if nothing else can be done, I would happily sacrifice them by having this done.

The better solution is ensuring that the one a day limit accounts for all instances of a zone. Currently that is not the case.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

in Suggestions

Posted by: Soundchaos.3450

Soundchaos.3450

I think the best options I’ve seen to fix the overpopulation/guesting/lag issues are the following:

1. Overflow clones the event timers from the main map

2. Significantly reduce the time between spawns

The first suggestion would allow everyone to do the event that intended to do so. However, the lag would still remain.

The second suggestion gives players more freedom to choose when to do their chest events. It would spread the population out over multiple boss spawns instead of forcing a large number of players to enter the same zone at the same time for the rarer spawns. This should reduce the latency as well as allowing more players to participate in events.

Rururrur – Warrior – Yak’s Bend
^Try to say that name while drunk

(edited by Soundchaos.3450)

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

I think the best options I’ve seen to fix the overpopulation/guesting/lag issues are the following:

The first suggestion would allow everyone to do the event that intended to do so. However, the lag would still remain.

The second suggestion gives players more freedom to choose when to do their chest events. It would spread the population out over multiple events instead of a mass of players trying to enter the same zone at the same time for the rarer spawns.

Neither of these would have any real impact on the issue, and could actually compound it. I will repeat myself until everyone actually understands. You don’t treat the problem, you treat the cause of the problem. The cause is the reward. Fix how the reward works and the problem goes away.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Beeca.9467

Beeca.9467

The second suggestion gives players more freedom to choose when to do their chest events. It would spread the population out over multiple events instead of a mass of players trying to enter the same zone at the same time for the rarer spawns.

Neither of these would have any real impact on the issue, and could actually compound it. I will repeat myself until everyone actually understands. You don’t treat the problem, you treat the cause of the problem. The cause is the reward. Fix how the reward works and the problem goes away.

How do you fix the reward if you go per account or nerf the loot Anet will loose accounts over this

80-Ranger/80-Necro/80-Warrior/
80-Guardian /80- Mesmer

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

First off ANet won’t “lose” anything. You’re not paying to play the game and neither is anyone else. Second you make it so that Once per Day is actually meaningful. If you can only loot the chest once, period, regardless of where you come from or what character you’re playing you have no reason to go anywhere else to loot it again.

This way they can have the loot remain good and the lag issue decreases because once someone has looted the chest they don’t have a good reason to do the event again. This means that they won’t try to get to the event as often and participation gets spread out more.

But it also doesn’t interfere with someone who wants to guest over to do the event with a friend, or with their guild on a different server.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Interficiam.6439

Interficiam.6439

I would like to be able to do the world bosses again on my own server. Now I have to be 30 minutes early in the zone to have a chance to do the event. This problem only started occuring when the chance for rares was increased a lot. I suppose it’s a combination of guesting being allowed and the chance for rares increasing.
I think a fix would be that you can only get the chest on your home server, as suggested before. This way only people that want to do the event will come to other servers, and not the greedy ones that are just doing it for the loot.

I don’t want to start guesting too to fight world bosses, because then I will just cause problems on other servers. So a fix for this problem would be welcome ^^

in Suggestions

Posted by: Derr.4135

Derr.4135

Seems to me there was considerable lag issues before the once per day nerf, also the overflow won’t change even if you curtail the guesting issuing (though it too needs to be addressed.) Too many people are bum-rushing the Metas to get the limited loot, guesting or no guesting. Earlier spawning won’t help, just look at Frozen Maw or Fire Ele, they spawn more often and are still horrible. The best bet is to have a combination of more frequent spawning AND a synchronized event in overflow. As for the lag issue, I completely plan ANet’s crap attempt at eliminating culling, it’s killed the PVE experience. (good luck finding Prisoner 1141 in guild missions, if she gets even a slight bit ahead of you she disappears thanks to the culling “fix”)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sashi.9436

Sashi.9436

yes and the easy loot lag gets MUCH worse with the guesting…

So guests cause more lagg than sever locals? Please tell me your logic…

in Suggestions

Soundchaos.3450

So you’re saying that if Jormag spawned every 30 or 45 minutes on every server instead of once every 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours we’d be getting overflow maps on every single one of those?

That’s like saying additional lanes on a highway doesn’t improve traffic flow or like saying a train running every 30 minutes to a location instead of every four hours would result in everyone getting on the same train at the same time.

The problem is a matter of perspective. Where you say the problem is the reward, many others see the problem as a lack of rewarding content in the game. Gating large populations to a single point at a very specific time is a symptom of not having enough rewarding content or having the content occur too infrequently.

Ideally, the best solution is to make more content rewarding so that players don’t feel the need to flood to the same place at the same time. Until that can be done, having the few rewarding events occur more frequently will reduce congestion just as additional lanes on a highway reduces traffic congestion.

(edited by Soundchaos.3450)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sashi.9436

Sashi.9436

So you’re saying that if Jormag spawned every 30 or 45 minutes on every server instead of once every 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours we’d be getting overflow maps on every single one of those?

That’s like saying additional lanes on a highway doesn’t improve traffic flow.

The problem is a matter of perspective. Where you say the problem is the reward, many others see the problem as a lack of rewarding content in the game. Gating large populations to a single point at a very specific time is a symptom of not having enough rewarding content or having the content occur too infrequently.

Ideally, the best solution is to make more content rewarding so that players don’t feel the need to flood to the same place at the same time. Until that can be done, having the few rewarding events occur more frequently will reduce congestion just as additional lanes on a highway reduces traffic congestion.

nope Nerf the loot make it not worth it.

Instead of more spawn times why not just ask Anet to mail you loot every hour? Lets make this so easy the econmy crashes. There is a reason that dragon spawns every Blank hours. Keep guesting and everything the same keep spawning the same but nerf the loot or tell the people in overflow who waited till the last min that they are out of luck.

Second Overflow is not limited to the sever. All sever fill in the same overflow so if you have that a dragon will spawn every 2 mins!!!!

I agree Nerf the LOOT!!!!

(edited by Sashi.9436)

in Suggestions

Soundchaos.3450

nope Nerf the loot make it not worth it.

Instead of more spawn times why not just ask Anet to mail you loot every hour? Lets make this so easy the econmy crashes. There is a reason that dragon spawns every Blank hours. Keep guesting and everything the same keep spawning the same but nerf the loot or tell the people in overflow who waited till the last min that they are out of luck.

Second Overflow is not limited to the sever. All sever fill in the same overflow so if you have that a dragon will spawn every 2 mins!!!!

I agree Nerf the LOOT!!!!

If that’s how overflow works then that option definitely wouldn’t work.

As for crashing the economy, the time spent waiting on a boss spawn and killing the boss is on par or even less rewarding than farming at an efficient location for the same amount of time. It’s not resulting in an economic crash, just an economic shift. Other items that were previously being farmed are going up in price other items are coming down. Increasing the frequency of those events would cause those prices to continue to shift as players event more frequently.

Most players just want to have fun and be rewarded in a meaningful way for the time they’ve invested. Multiple events with decent loot is a good way of doing that. For anyone who’s main focus is building wealth, it’s impossible to beat sitting in the trading post and taking advantage of market trends. There’s always a way to generate income.