Howler

Howler

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marcus.9520

Marcus.9520

The new effect added to the Howler seems a bit wasted on certain professions, and it looks like like an afterthought in comparison to the updates to other legendaries.

I have one on my necromancer, and the skill #4 and 5 effects overshadow the legendary’s new wolf image effect. The howler already has a variety of effects, including the howling and glowing at night, the movement of the head, the water effect on the body, and the water footsteps. Rather than add another effect that is only slightly noticeable (depending on the profession), wouldn’t it be better to work on improving something that already exists, like the footsteps? Compared to almost every other legendary, the footfall effect is extremely brief and unimpressive. I think it would have been better to make an update similar to the Quip, where the footfalls were dramatically changed and made noticeable.

I’m probably one of the few people who even put a Howler on their necromancer, so I’m sure I’m in the minority with this complaint, but hopefully it’ll be considered in a future update.

Howler

in Suggestions

Posted by: mons.1386

mons.1386

I own the howler and use a necromancer.
I agree,i can’t see the new effect when i use it .
I would personnaly rather like an effect on the weapon which is always present or at least during the day because during the day,unused,the howler has no effect but very shy footfall which are anyway not shown because i own meteorologicus too.
I hope that Arenanet will hear us .
Update: i saw a video of the howler on Dulfy.It is supposed to have a very big wolf head appearing above our head when used.It may be a bug but none appears above my head…Only a little barely noticeable one in front of me.

(edited by mons.1386)

Howler

in Suggestions

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

^ That’s the rangers warhorn 5th skill.

Howler

in Suggestions

Posted by: mons.1386

mons.1386

Oops ^^ Thank you…I feel so stupid now ^^

Howler

in Suggestions

Marcus.9520

That’s a good point, though…the ranger’s regular skill #5 is more impressive and appropriate than the new effect they added to the warhorn. It’d be easy to confuse that as part of the warhorn’s list of effects.
Hopefully they give the howler an update to make it look at least somewhat interesting in the daytime….gotta keep hoping!

Howler

in Suggestions

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Yep I agree. Didnt even notice a difference on my necro’s howler when i logged in yesterday. Would love clearer footfalls.

Btw has the constant looping howl sound been fixed? Thats the one thing that started to make me regret getting it, gets very irritating after a while.

Howler

in Suggestions

Posted by: Conix.4589

Conix.4589

At least you guys got footfalls and an update… here I am, staring at the same flameseeker…

But it looks cool regardless I guess. Just want those footfalls!

Howler

in Suggestions

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Tbf I really like FSP and i think footfalls will be too much. Howler is really subtle so it kind of needs a bit more in your face effects. I really like how subtle Howler is, but even i think its a little too subtle. You can barely see if someone has it and the footfalls are almost invisible. FSP is really obvious.

Howler

in Suggestions

Marcus.9520

Yeah, the howling is still ongoing at night when you unsheathe it with a skill. Honestly, that’s the only thing that is noticeable about it as a legendary…it’s more of an auditory annoyance to others than anything visual.

It would be fair for all the legendaries to have footfalls that all last for the same amount of time. I think that would make everyone feel compensated for their choice in legendary. Minstrel and FSP are still without footfalls, and Howler’s footfalls last a fraction of any other type.

I’m pretty sure, with the exception of Rodgort’s fire footsteps, Arenanet has slacked off and doesn’t really care about improving the offhand-only legendary weapons. They’re kindof in a lower-priority list for them, just above aquatic legendaries. But, at least we don’t have The Minstrel…then we’d really have some complaints.

Howler

in Suggestions

Posted by: Conix.4589

Conix.4589

We should all know by now that Anet has one massive rager going on downstairs for the greatsword.