Human Elite Racial for Grenth needs SERIOUS work

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Marshal.3490

Lord Marshal.3490

I fully understand that racials are not sopposed to be better then class skills, maybe even alittle subpar. But they aren’t sopposed to be terrible either. I really regret rolling human when I look at our racials then look at the awesome stuff asura, charr and norn have. I mean werewolf forms, golem battlesuits, and bazookas are awesome!

Then we have the Grenth Racial.

First of all.. YOU DONT CHANGE. You just turn colors. I hope this is a placeholder or something. Avatar of grenth should make you..actually look like an avatar of grenth.

Moving on to the skill itself, its horrible. Huge CD, lasts only 15 seconds and does pretty much nothing. Chills and weak poison, thats it.

The hounds of Balthazaar are waaay better, and melandru isn’t that great but at LEAST you actually transform.

My suggestion:

Make it last 30 seconds
Make it actually transform you into an avatar of Grenth
Have it give you a new set of skills like all shapeshifts, make them fun, varied and yes actually useful in dealing damage to enemies.

OR

If you really want to keep it as an aura shapeshift.
SERIOUSLY buff the poison damage. This ability needs to actually do damage not just slow things down.

I’m also open to other alternatives, not picky. I just want it to actually be useful for more then incredibly specific circumstances, and even then it is severely underpowered do to the duration and cd.

Cheers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chaz.1835

Chaz.1835

Sadly avatar of melandru and reaper of grenth are pretty terrible skills and I rgret spending the points on them.

in Suggestions

Lord Marshal.3490

Sadly avatar of melandru and reaper of grenth are pretty terrible skills and I rgret spending the points on them.

I agree melandru also sucks, but at least you actually shapeshift so you can fool around and rp or something.

Pretty much all the human racials aside from hounds are rubbish compared to the other races.

But I want to stay focused just on the grenth racial in this thread, if you dont mind. As to me that is the worst of them all, with no redeeming value whatsoever.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

when I first saw the name I thought [attached picture] COOL!
and then when I activated it, I’m like… really :|
this is it?

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Lord Marshal.3490

when I first saw the name I thought [attached picture] COOL!
and then when I activated it, I’m like… really :|
this is it?

YES!

If they just turned you into that and did nothing else..well it would still suck but at least it would be fun to use for RP.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Musta.9803

Musta.9803

All of the Avatars in GW1 would literally transform you into that god, or at least a representation of them (IE Avatar)

ALLof the human racials SUCK. Absolutely SUCK. Boring, weak, useless.
They should make them like the Norn abilities, and bring back Avatars.

The above image you linked is what happens in GW1 when you use the “Avatar of Grenth” elite skill. You turn into the person you linked.

This is what happens with any “Avatar of _” elite skills.
http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/2872/touslesavatarsrd6.jpg

(edited by Musta.9803)

in Suggestions

Lord Marshal.3490

All of the Avatars in GW1 would literally transform you into that god, or at least a representation of them (IE Avatar)

ALLof the human racials SUCK. Absolutely SUCK. Boring, weak, useless.
They should make them like the Norn abilities, and bring back Avatars.

The above image you linked is what happens in GW1 when you use the “Avatar of Grenth” elite skill. You turn into the person you linked.

This is what happens with any “Avatar of _” elite skills.
http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/2872/touslesavatarsrd6.jpg

I agree. I didn’t want to be rude about it, I’m sure someone worked kitten those racials. But your 100% right.

Now lets hope Anet gets the message and fixes this.

in Suggestions

Posted by: The Blue Silence.7524

The Blue Silence.7524

Was just thinking about this, glad to see I’m not the only one disappointed in this skill.

I actually don’t mind the visual aspect of this skill; as a player who has never played GW1, I had no great expectations for its appearance, but that COOLDOWN is simply deal breaking. For a brief 15 seconds: there is an interesting visual change, alongside a minor (read: small aoe) damage source and a movement speed debuff. following this there is a 180 second (3 minute) period where, not only is the skill on cooldown, but no other elite skill can be used.
As is stated above, I understand that the racial skill is meant to be for flavor only, not a game-defining skill, but it cuts so deeply into gameplay by preventing use of other, viable skills, that I have not used it since the game was released.

As a racial skill it fills the role of a lackluster ability, but please consider lowering the cooldown to 60 or 90 seconds. In its current state it is a detriment to play, and I cannot in good faith recommend spending skill points on it.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster.
Human Thief, D/P :: Stormbluff Isle, Guild: Darkhand [DDH]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Yep human racials are godawful. All of them.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Ahahaha.

No.

Hounds of Balthazar is the only racial that is worth slotting over your class Elite skills as far as I am concerned. You see it used on a regular basis, but you never see a Norn player shapeshift or an Asura player hop into his golem suit.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Suggestions

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Ahahaha.

No.

Hounds of Balthazar is the only racial that is worth slotting over your class Elite skills as far as I am concerned. You see it used on a regular basis, but you never see a Norn player shapeshift or an Asura player hop into his golem suit.

Well, it’s not elite, but Asura does get Pain Inverter.
Which is awesome.

in Suggestions

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Yeah the radiation field is also awesome, but as an ele the golems are outclassed by my elementals. There’s also a very powerful ele build that relies on norn racial to be devastating :p

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

dunno. GW2 has some serious issues with transforms. This especially if you play necromancer. Hit a transform and any minions go poof. Hilarious that two out of three necromancer profession elites are transforms.

Anyways, i would not mind if ANet replaced the current necromancer death shroud with current Avatar of Grenth. The current death shroud is too disruptive, imo.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

I know I am a noob but I use this elite and I find it useful for myself but that is me I enjoy using it and I am effective with it

in Suggestions

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

I was amazingly disappointed with the visual, and it’s not very useful to me in combat. I don’t have the skill points for other elites yet on that character, so I also don’t have any underwater elites. I guess I’ll go with that “throw daggers everywhere” elite since he’s a thief.

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

They should just re-make the Avatars from GW1 (the Balthazar one is already in the Priory personal history) into GW2, and give them to the humans as elites, working in a similar way as Dervish avatars.

The melandru avatar looks silly, and the Grenth one is simply ridiculous, and don’t get me started with the hounds. One hound would be nice as an utility skill. Two hounds are not good enough for an elite.

Also, each race should have 1 racial healing skill, 3 racial utilities, and 6 elites. 3 for 10 sp, 3 for 30 sp.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

at least 80% of elite skills in gw2 are garbage so don’t be surprised there. And why is every elite takes half a year to recharge? Since when are Elite skills are one use per 100 enemies killed? I’d prefer all elite skills to be more spammable or at least have to option for a good and spammable skill.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.