Human males

Human males

in Suggestions

Posted by: juliatomko.8075

juliatomko.8075

So I decided I wanted one male character. I get that you guys like to look a nice looking females and you have done a great job creating beautiful characters. But what about a good looking guy for us girls. All the male humans are these scrawny little things (sorry I am not into pale vampire men). I tried making a norn instead so I could have a man with some bulk, but necks are to big and heads to small for the bodies. Not to mention the facial hair options for norns are ridiculous…I think you could do a much better job on creating male options that are enjoyable to look at.

Human males

in Suggestions

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I wish I could help but I have no experience making male characters. Have you tried all the different body shapes?

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Human males

in Suggestions

Posted by: juliatomko.8075

juliatomko.8075

i have, only way to fix is for them to actually create new shapes….I just find it sad how limited the options for male characters are

Human males

in Suggestions

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

uh, not sure what you’re talking about really, my human paladin is a pretty buff dude, not exactly what i’d call “scrawny” and i did not even make him as tall as possible (i think he’s at 90-95% or so)

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

Human males

in Suggestions

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I agree it’s hard to make buff handsome guys (for personal subjective views on what counts as that) but it can be done.

Attachments:

Human males

in Suggestions

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

So I decided I wanted one male character. I get that you guys like to look a nice looking females and you have done a great job creating beautiful characters. But what about a good looking guy for us girls. All the male humans are these scrawny little things (sorry I am not into pale vampire men). I tried making a norn instead so I could have a man with some bulk, but necks are to big and heads to small for the bodies. Not to mention the facial hair options for norns are ridiculous…I think you could do a much better job on creating male options that are enjoyable to look at.

I am a guy and I agree.

My main is Human Male Guardian.

My second alt is Norn Male Warrior.

I picked human for my Guardian based on earlier Beta in which Norn Males walked real awkwardly slow due to their size.

That was fixed later on.

My Human Male seem too weak looking for something I wanted. I wanted a big in between Human and Norn in terms of size and bulk.

I dont want to be Norn Size, but I do want bulk.

Thats what I wanted originally.

Oh well, never going to happen.

Human males

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

I hate to say it, but the majority of the player base is still male. As time goes on and the gender ratio balances itself out (it will, ladies, I promise. These things take time). They put more effort into the female characters over the males for that reason. Your target audience and customer is all considered for the profitability of your product.

I personally don’t care either way, but I do support the addition of more options for male character creation if it is truly lacking in options. I haven’t checked because, again, I don’t care.

Not to sound like a smart-kitten , but perhaps you can develop your own game opposite to Scarlet Blade (that one MMO where there are NO male characters to play as, which is an insulting game for both men and women). I doubt it would sell well, but it would be a start in the direction you seek. If you build it, they will come… eventually.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Human males

in Suggestions

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

The male characters get a much better selection of physiques (scrawny to buff) and diverse faces than the female characters do, IMO. I’ve seen some great-looking male humans, made one myself to fulfill one of my loves (happens to be androgynous long-haired dudes), but I do think there’s a certain awkwardness about their models that always knocks points off sex appeal. It doesn’t help that no real effort goes into making their armour diverse (and their underwear is hilarious). If you’re playing a light-armour class, you’d better kitten well hope you find long coats/robes sexy because your options for anything else, including revealing attire, are exceptionally limited versus the female options.

I think one of the issues is that, according to marketing stereotype, there’s a certain cookie-cutter look for female characters that is considered the standard for attractiveness, whereas the field of sex appeal is much more openly diverse for male characters and there’s a lot more range for diversity in what’s ‘attractive’ to straight women. I don’t believe it’s true that men only like a certain type of woman, but that’s often the presentation we get when it comes to female customisation limitations. I’d love more options for both sexes, but I still think that female humans are the ones that drew the short straw on customisation options overall. No buff builds, very samey-samey faces.

Human males

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

If human females could be not barbie doll…

Human males

in Suggestions

Posted by: thejoedude.3465

thejoedude.3465

yeah. you have human warriors and guardians that are little tiny scrawny guys running around brutalizing monsters, there size doesnt fit what they do in game, the human males need to get a bit buffer

Human males

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

I thought the body types for human males were actually pretty good, although I don’t think there were any true girth or beer belly options, if that’s what the OP means by ‘bulk’. There are definitely muscular options.

Honestly, it’s been over a year since I created my Engi (my only human male), but my biggest gripe wasn’t the body types, it was that the majority of the faces looked like child heads on adult bodies. Even adding facial hair didn’t help, as it just looked like some sort of Halloween costume. I finally managed to create a face that looked late-twenties-ish instead of barely-puberty, but it took some messing with sliders.