I get it....I'm dead. Thanks.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snieh.4328

Snieh.4328

When I’m dead and I can’t get up or do anything because you’ve decided you aren’t going to let me play until everyone is out of combat no matter HOW long it takes. I don’t need the camera to spin around my body so in order to watch what’s happening I have to readjust it every 5 seconds. It’s obnoxious since I’m already at other players mercy to be able to play again.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

well… duh.. if you hate it that much… don’t die?

kill all ze thingz

in Suggestions

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

The answer is simple: Don’t die.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Suggestions

Snieh.4328

Don’t die? Maybe, but sometimes you just need to stay on the button. I would like to be able to watch what else is happening unimpeded.

So why is it exactly that any of you oppose this? Do you have some affinity for camera spin upon death? If so then I propose an option to disable it so everyone can be happy.

in Suggestions

Posted by: evolverzilla.2359

evolverzilla.2359

And your suggestion is?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Its a valid complaint . Why shouldn’t we be able to watch the battle from another party members point of view after we’re dead? Face it if you get flung off a cliff and die or die at an odd angle/spot you could be twiddling your thumbs for a long time being bored in a tight battle . Sure its easy to say don’t die but even the best players die on occasion and with the new system long waits get very boring .

[Edited by Moderator: Quote removed]

(edited by Moderator)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

did you ask your group to stop combat so you could rez? or possible tell them to rez you?

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

in Suggestions

Posted by: CC Meinke.2749

CC Meinke.2749

Community Coordinator

Please be respectful to the OP and participate in the discussion. Off-Topic posts have been deleted in this thread.

(edited by CC Meinke.2749)

in Suggestions

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Anyway, camera spinning is stupid and pointless. At least it must be able to be disabled in Options.

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in Suggestions

Snieh.4328

I could have come across as less of a jerk when I wrote it but the suggestion still stands. Having a camera that keeps spinning and preventing me from watching whats happening has become increasingly frustrating since I can’t do anything unless I quit the group(in some but not ALL circumstances)

(edited by Snieh.4328)

in Suggestions

Posted by: evolverzilla.2359

evolverzilla.2359

Adine, the problem is, it´s not a complaint sector. They call it Suggestions for one motive, to people suggest something so the DEV´s can have some community feedback and ideas about their game.

And the OP are just complaining about everything already discussed in this forum:
1 – No more rez-rush – https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/No-respawning-in-the-Dungeon-rez-rush
2 – Spinning death camera – https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Spinning-death-camera

And if I waste more minutes on search tool I will get more and more posts discussing the same thing.

So there´s not a suggestion here, just someone annoyed about something complaining.

in Suggestions

Snieh.4328

Evol, you’re mistaking my justification for why I want the spinning out, with a complaint. Had I been complaining about not being able to zerg I would have said to get rid of that. The anti spawn function is necessary to prevent problems, however it brings up problems of it’s own. All I’m suggesting is to be able to watch what is happening without having to readjust every 5 seconds.

The fact that other topics were already brought up about it was my mistake obviously. I’m just used to forums where I have to pay to use a search function, so I just forget about it sometimes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: X The Manimal.5293

X The Manimal.5293

Evol, you’re mistaking my justification for why I want the spinning out, with a complaint. Had I been complaining about not being able to zerg I would have said to get rid of that. The anti spawn function is necessary to prevent problems, however it brings up problems of it’s own. All I’m suggesting is to be able to watch what is happening without having to readjust every 5 seconds.

The fact that other topics were already brought up about it was my mistake obviously. I’m just used to forums where I have to pay to use a search function, so I just forget about it sometimes.

To be honest you did kinda sound like you were just complaining with no actual suggestion but that aside… I COMPLETELY agree with you.

So the suggestion is: Please remove the FORCED spinning camera view when you die. Even when you try to view your party from where you were slain, after a few seconds it resets your view to spinning death cam. This is annoying indeed. I recommend it be removed and even replaced with a spectator mode. This IS the unreal engine after all. I doubt it can’t be done.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

The spinning death cam is annoying. It would be better to be able to click a party member and get the view from their eyes ala GW1, or be able to adjust your own camera to see what you would like to see.

/signed

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I think it would be very cool if I could watch the battle from another player’s perspective while dead in-combat. That way I could still participate in the battle and give advice, or could at least be entertained while they finish whatever.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheAngryLuddite.1834

TheAngryLuddite.1834

I think it would be very cool if I could watch the battle from another player’s perspective while dead in-combat. That way I could still participate in the battle and give advice, or could at least be entertained while they finish whatever.

This. I’ve always wished this was an option in Guild Wars 2. In online shooters, for example, you can often see your teammates’ cams till you respawn.

And there could still be the ‘a noble soul is healing you’ message or whatever, like there is if you go into the map while dead.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

To be honest you did kinda sound like you were just complaining with no actual suggestion

The “suggestion” seems implicit and pretty obvious: if the spinning camera is annoying, make it stop spinning.

- Al Zheimer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

The spinning camera sucks, there definitely needs to be an option to remove it. If you go down it is annoying having to manually force the spinning to stop if you, for example, want to watch how the rest of your party are doing.

Option to turn it off is a must-have.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fukata.7906

Fukata.7906

By the way, spinning camera can cause virtual motion sickness in some players.
My wife has not yet been in a dungeon since the changes (the way it’s been changed is really discouraging), but I expect it to pretty much stop her from doing dungeons if the camera spins constantly while dead. Please let people turn this off in the options.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darlgon.9273

Darlgon.9273

The spinning death cam is annoying. It would be better to be able to click a party member and get the view from their eyes ala GW1, or be able to adjust your own camera to see what you would like to see.

/signed

I endorse either idea as better than the crazy spin that gives me a headache when I die. Actually, if it was in GW1, seriously? How cool. Why did it not just migrate to here?

Charrdian, Ashura Mesmer, Norn Ranger, Sylvari Elementalist and Human Magic Engineer

in Suggestions

Posted by: X The Manimal.5293

X The Manimal.5293

To be honest you did kinda sound like you were just complaining with no actual suggestion

The “suggestion” seems implicit and pretty obvious: if the spinning camera is annoying, make it stop spinning.

Thats not much a suggestion as it doesnt suggest what should happen in death instead.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

It’s boring waiting doing nothing, so we should either:

- For PvE, get a ghost mode, in which we can move freely within a 1500 unit radius area around our corpse but do nothing else, and only other ‘ghosts’ can see us.
- For WvW and PvP, get a party camera mode, in which we can click on the icon of a party member in the party panel, and the camera will be centered on them.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: kodesh.2851

kodesh.2851

I also hate the auto camera rotate. It’s just annoying.

Sizzap – Asura Mesmer, Dragonbrand

in Suggestions

Posted by: Robotukas.1673

Robotukas.1673

I think, probably that team was really drunk or very tired when they applied this future in dungeon and especially when you dead otherwise I can’t explain that they had in head. I understand if go for AFK, so it doesn’t matter if camera will spin around or not. So in this case, if you dead so better leave party or go to AFK. I hope that this future is a mistake in dungeons, but is not idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

To be honest you did kinda sound like you were just complaining with no actual suggestion but that aside… I COMPLETELY agree with you.

A lot of suggestions are based on complaints. After all at its heart, every complaint carries a desire for resolution of the grievance that gave rise to the offense of the complaint.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Yes and yes, I hate the spinning camera, it’s REALLY annoying.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RandomHominid.3456

RandomHominid.3456

This IS the unreal engine after all. I doubt it can’t be done.

It is not the unreal engine, GW1 uses a proprietary engine developed by ArenaNet, and GW2 uses the same engine (heavily modified) with Havok and Umbra Occlusion.

The camera spinning when dead is the same as in GW1. I personally don’t care for the spin, myself.