I hope we will see Katana weapons!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sad Swordfish.9743

Sad Swordfish.9743

This Dragon Festival, celebrating the awesomeness of Canthas culture. I pray that the sword and greatsword are majestic and awesome looking Katana Swords!

Seriously. The Katana is the most beautiful weapon ever designed in my opinion. It’s second only to the Apache Hellicopter Gunship, and that’s not a weapon type currently in the game!

Why I love these swords; http://vimeo.com/32113233

I hope we will see them in GW2 now! Not when Cantha expansion arrives!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gaidax.7835

Gaidax.7835

Sorry for hijacking the thread a bit, but besides katanas, I would like to see some nice, good looking and clean greatswords.

Really we barely have any, all I see are some huge chunks of metal with some fur, rusted half-broken weapons that glow and all kinds of fiery and ethereal crap.

What happened to having Greatswords with more slender and clean STEEL blades? Something like human cultural greatsword, which could be just gorgeous with shorter hilt and longer blade.

For example Ghastly Greatsword is awesome despite glowing.

(edited by Gaidax.7835)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sad Swordfish.9743

Sad Swordfish.9743

Sorry for hijacking the thread a bit, but besides katanas, I would like to see some nice, good looking and clean greatswords.

Really we barely have any, all I see are some huge chunks of metal with some fur, rusted half-broken weapons that glow and all kinds of fiery and ethereal crap.

What happened to having Greatswords with more slender and clean STEEL blades? Something like human cultural greatsword, which could be just gorgeous with shorter hilt and longer blade.

No worries. I don’t feel it’s a hijack steal at all, and I also agree with you matey.

there are a few; http://dulfy.net/2012/11/07/gw2-greatsword-skin-gallery/

But not that many, unfortunately.

And no Katana!

In gw1 we had them; http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/509/katana9ox.jpg

in Suggestions

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

The sclerite 1h sword has a similar blade.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

would you get it if it is introduced as new legendary?

in Suggestions

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

For example Ghastly Greatsword is awesome despite glowing.

There are a few I can think of, check here:

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/07/gw2-greatsword-skin-gallery/

The ones I think fit what you want:

Aureate Highlander Sword
Dhuumseal (maybe, the skull ornament might be a bit too long)
Ebonblade
Ebon Vanguard Greatsword
Ghastly Greatsword (you already mention this one, but it does glow at night)
Golden Wing Greatsword
Khrysaor, the Golden Sword
Krytan Greatsword
Kymswarden (my guardian used this one for a while, now switched it for the guild sunderer)
Lionguard Sword
Naga Fang (if you’re into scimitar kind of swords)
Seraph Greatsword
Vision of the Mists (though it does glow)
Whispers Secret Greatsword (though maybe looks a bit odd, but I like it)

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

There will be a katana skin in the dragon festival, guaranteed. And because the devs know there’s such high demand for it, it’ll likely come from cash shop RNG boxes, and have a drop rate that requires you to spend 600 dollars before having a solid chance at a drop.

Go Anet! You’re not greedy at all.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alacrity.4312

Alacrity.4312

I doubt the katana would be added, even to the Cantha update, since it’s a distinctly cultural weapon.
The Naga Fang (or Ceremonial Sabre for 1h) looks about the closest you’d get.

The proper flavour of what you’re wanting from a katana, would be a new Legendary blade with a clean curved shape. Can only hope.

Seriously. The Katana is the most beautiful weapon ever designed in my opinion. It’s second only to the Apache Hellicopter Gunship, and that’s not a weapon type currently in the game!

heh, the Apache gunship did make a cameo in GW1 http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/KT29-Moahawk so the model exists and probably could be added (not that it should be, mind).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

Plenty of curved blades in the game already.

I’m sure when we get Cantha, we’ll see even more. I like the Chinese wider ones personally, though the 12-foot long one in the Korean National War museum -which was an actual weapon used by infantry in conflict with Japanese pirates – that’d be neat to see. Though I don’t think anyone knows how it was used other than a single tapestry of it: How someone on foot holds a 12-foot long blade is a bit of a modern mystery (anime just have them act like it a normal sword) – so the animation team might not be able to make it convincing.

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

Here’s a better look of this beauty.

Bring on the katana Anet! Preferably as greatsword since Katana is wielded with 2 hands

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daevinity Inspirata.2508

Daevinity Inspirata.2508

YES KATANA!!!

In addition to the Katana… we should get more daggers of Asian style as well! We have a sai as it stands, and I love that, but I want daggers. The ceremonial ones come pretty close too.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

As far as swords go, I really don’t understand the obsession with the katana. They should put it in the game as a greatsword, but I’ll still prefer the versatility of a double-edged straight blade.

Anyways, as far as awesome Japanese weapons go, I’m putting my vote on the yumi. Too many of the bow skins in this game look completely stupid in my opinion; we need better bows.