I recall GW2 saying.. "we are not about the grind?"

in Suggestions

Posted by: testpig.5018

testpig.5018

So why such the high cost for the Dungeon Gear?

People aren’t speed running dungeons because of gold, it’s because of them Tokens. Reduce the cost for the gear!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Correction: you do not need to grind for the stats. Dungeon gear is cosmetic only.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Selfish Heals.6139

Selfish Heals.6139

if it has stats that are better for you then how is it cosmetic compared to an upgrade?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bronelic.7560

Bronelic.7560

What they should say is…… Leveling is not a grind but once you get to the end game expect to grind for months and months if not years to get full end game items and a finished Character . GW2 You can’t farm. You can’t plan to get dungeon armor as a caual player. Arena net is ruining this game for casual players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fantom.9217

Fantom.9217

They never said that the best aesthetic gear wouldn’t require a grind. Actually they specifically said that it WOULD require a grind.

If you don’t want to put in the time to get it, just buy green or yellow gear for a fraction of the cost and have -10 stats (out of 2000). 10 precision is NOT going to make a difference in the content that you can successfully complete.

And it’s your fault for not listening to what they had to say before the game launched. They said that this gear would take a long time to get VERY CLEARLY.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

You do realize that they never said thered be no grind right? There’s no grind for best STATED gear, nothing to do with best LOOKING gear, I mean hell I hit lv 80 and within an hour had a full set of exotic weapons (I’m to attached to my gears apperance to upgrade from my blues… Don’t judge me…)

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

Here is a question:

If you don’t require the dungeon exotic set to run the dungeon being that you are currently running the dungeon to BUY the set. And the dungeon itself is the closest thing to endgame.

Do you really NEED the exotic?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

@Dead the answer is not at all!! They’re more to be flashy so you strut around an be likekittenright I finished this dungeon to many times!! You mad bro?!?

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Suggestions

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

You dont have to grind to be the statistical equal to Johnny No-Life who treats this like a job.

He’ll just look prettier than you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nijjion.2069

Nijjion.2069

MMO’s are grindy though?…if they are not you won’t come back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Desamos.1836

Desamos.1836

If you want cosmetics, buy the armor in the style tab by going into the gem store. If you want an armor with good stats, work for it. You don’t need to grind for the best armor in the game, just enjoy the game, and in a month or two you will realize that your 79 armor is doing just fine, and that you almost have enough money and tokens or whatever to get what you want.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tetsuo.2593

Tetsuo.2593

The ‘best in slot’ gear has very little to do with dungeons (actually, it has nothing), it’s crafted. You needs tons of mats and gold, but you don’t need to run a dungeon even once to get it. The grind comes if you want a specific look, which means, 50+ runs of the SAME dungeon, over and over. That’s just insane. At the very least you need an 2 token system, a universal and one per dungeon, and items should be bought with a combination of both. Forcing a group of people to not even see the rest of the content it just absurd. It’s actually pretty sad that an amazing game like GW2 has such a fundamental design flaw on something that everyone and their mothers knew would be important: PVE content at level cap.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cerise.9045

Cerise.9045

Correction: you do not need to grind for the stats. Dungeon gear is cosmetic only.

You do realize that they never said thered be no grind right? There’s no grind for best STATED gear

Correct, was the original intention of the game. Except it turned out to be completely untrue.

The grind required for max stat gear right now is absolutely atrocious, it’s worse than raiding 2 nights per week every week.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vanisher.9216

Vanisher.9216

What they should say is…… Leveling is not a grind but once you get to the end game expect to grind for months and months if not years to get full end game items and a finished Character . GW2 You can’t farm. You can’t plan to get dungeon armor as a caual player. Arena net is ruining this game for casual players

There are plenty of people with full exotic gear, what “months and months” are you talking about?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thorn.7963

Thorn.7963

All they have to do is lower the token costs and I’ll be happy.

in Suggestions

Posted by: urtv.8791

urtv.8791

never knew it was cosmetics when dungeon gear has the same stats as exotic karma gear but with better bonus distributions

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vanisher.9216

Vanisher.9216

never knew it was cosmetics when dungeon gear has the same stats as exotic karma gear but with better bonus distributions

Crating gear bro. (not sure if it covers ALL the stats combination of dungeon though, but it covers some of them at least)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daboris.6730

Daboris.6730

All they have to do is lower the token costs and I’ll be happy.

But by how much? I feel like people want it to be low enough so they can get every piece of each dungeon gear within a month or so. The idea of a dungeon set should make you feel like you’re set apart. As of now I see so many people in CoF gear I’m just like…why would I even want that anymore, everyone has it.

Once everyone has something and the accessibility of it is that easy, it becomes less appealing. The idea is…you pick a set and go for it, and hope it looks cool on you while other people not having it. Granted, some people don’t care if everyone else has it if it looks cool, but then I feel like if that were the case, they’d lower the legendary item costs as well. And then start you with 50% Map Completion too.

So how much do they lower it, and will everyone be happy (hint: everyone will never be happy)?

“Those dolls they were making underground… Did you think they look like me?”
-Vivi

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vladia.2731

Vladia.2731

Copy and Pasted from another topic:

Exotic armor should NOT be easy to get. Everyone who is complaining that the “easy way” of getting exotic prestige armor got fixed is in the wrong. So you can’t run the easy path anymore to get your exotic armor easy. That is intended. If anyone has played GW1 and remembers Obby armor, or 15k armor you would see the dungeons in a different light.

Too many people are focused on the now, now, now. I want my rewards NOW. If I don’t get them NOW I’m going to bekitten It’s pathetic that everyone has been conditioned to be able to get everything they want when they want it. No one has to work anymore for anything. I for one am ecstatic about having to work for my exotic skins. It gives me a purpose to play the game.

Stop rushing. Start playing.

P.S. Much like someone else said. Crafted Exotics have the same stats that dungeon exotics do. They might not have the stat spread that you want, but they have the same level of stats. Dungeon gear is purely cosmetic. Stop treating it like an easy to obtain set. It’s not SUPPOSED to be.

in Suggestions

Posted by: darkehawke.1269

darkehawke.1269

Exotic armor should NOT be easy to get. Everyone who is complaining that the “easy way” of getting exotic prestige armor got fixed is in the wrong. So you can’t run the easy path anymore to get your exotic armor easy. That is intended. If anyone has played GW1 and remembers Obby armor, or 15k armor you would see the dungeons in a different light.

Too many people are focused on the now, now, now. I want my rewards NOW. If I don’t get them NOW I’m going to bekitten It’s pathetic that everyone has been conditioned to be able to get everything they want when they want it. No one has to work anymore for anything. I for one am ecstatic about having to work for my exotic skins. It gives me a purpose to play the game.

P.S. Much like someone else said. Crafted Exotics have the same stats that dungeon exotics do. They might not have the stat spread that you want, but they have the same level of stats. Dungeon gear is purely cosmetic. Stop treating it like an easy to obtain set. It’s not SUPPOSED to be.

this change affected more then Exotic sets….

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vladia.2731

Vladia.2731

Elaborate please?

As far as I know everyone is up in arms about things being too hard and token cost being too high. If it’s about making money, there are tons of other ways, easier ways to make money rather than chain running dungeons.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Write.3192

Write.3192

I wasn’t easy to get before this patch. It took 10+ runs just to get one piece. Getting the entire set was already a grind even with the easy path. And the other paths had the same exact rewards even though they took more time and was more challenging. I bet that’s intended as well.

in Suggestions

Posted by: darkehawke.1269

darkehawke.1269

Elaborate please?

As far as I know everyone is up in arms about things being too hard and token cost being too high. If it’s about making money, there are tons of other ways, easier ways to make money rather than chain running dungeons.

Story mode has been ramped up in diffilculty (ie more champion and elite mobs) and the rewards has been cut down to virtually nothing

in Suggestions

Cerise.9045

Exotic armor is not prestige armor.

Exotic armor has higher stats than rare armor.

in Suggestions

Posted by: KingLz.1407

KingLz.1407

You do realize that they never said thered be no grind right? There’s no grind for best STATED gear, nothing to do with best LOOKING gear, I mean hell I hit lv 80 and within an hour had a full set of exotic weapons (I’m to attached to my gears apperance to upgrade from my blues… Don’t judge me…)

I want gear with:

main: condition damage
second: toughness
third: I don’t really care, precision probably

There is no way to get exotic armor with those stats other then the dungeon sets.
For the best gear you have to farm the dungeons!

You can only avoid that if you are satisfied with the stats the crafting gear provides, which is just the usual distribution….

in Suggestions

Posted by: poot.5487

poot.5487

Bad news, everyone: using crafting to get a full set of exotics (or rares) is still a grind. Using karma to get a full set of exotics (or rares) is still a grind. PvE in GW2 is chock full of grinds. The only thing in PvE that isn’t a grind is the personal story, and it has its own host of issues.

Oh, and, funny thing about the personal story: so far it’s the only place I’ve seen to get a masterwork level 80 back slot item. If you’re not interested in, or impressed by, the personal story, I’ve yet to see an alternative PvE avenue for getting that piece of gear. If it exists, I’d be happy to know about it.

The clarion call for the game’s PvE defenders at this point seems to be “well some of these grinds aren’t nearly as bad as in most other MMORPGs, so don’t complain about the ones that maybe are.”

That is a truly sad rallying cry, folks. It’s not even a great argument for the cranks among you who are saying that “exotics shouldn’t be easy to get.” Because they are easy to get. Tedium and repetition is a challenge of nothing except one’s patience, and one’s willingness to do something un-fun to get a reward later. People might still be complaining about the how long, but make no mistake that the how is the root of this problem.

We’re already seeing the negative consequences of sticking so many grinds into the game: people are responding to the rewards by speed-running and exploiting rather than actually playing, because that’s what grinds do to games. In response, ANet feels compelled to reduce rewards, increase difficulty, implement anti-farming codes, and generally enter the endless cycle of punishing players for responding to the game’s incentive structure exactly how anyone familiar with the history of video games should have known they would.

Blah blah blah kids today. Sweet Zeus on an vinyl cover, if I had a nickel for every time I heard some vapid, irrelevant variation on that, I’d be a Republican by now. When I was your age I got a job to earn money to buy items on D3’s RMAH because I knew the value of working for what I wanted.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daboris.6730

Daboris.6730

I want gear with:

main: condition damage
second: toughness
third: I don’t really care, precision probably

There is no way to get exotic armor with those stats other then the dungeon sets.
For the best gear you have to farm the dungeons!

You can only avoid that if you are satisfied with the stats the crafting gear provides, which is just the usual distribution….

What about Mystic Forge/random non-dungeon exotics? Am I to understand that the Mystic Forge and random drops are limited to a certain stat-set? I’m actually not sure, just pointing out an obvious oversight if it is one.

“Those dolls they were making underground… Did you think they look like me?”
-Vivi

in Suggestions

Posted by: nords.2163

nords.2163

The stats from dungeon gear is no better than any other exotic in game. I myself have 0 pieces of dungeon exotics but have 2 fulls sets of exotic gear (tough/vit/power set and power/crit/magic find set). They came relatively easily but are not as “cool looking” as most dungeon sets. Working on my Arah explorable set and nightmare set now, will take a while, but that is okay with me. Nice to have something to work for and not feel “finished with the game” 1 month into it. So far this is only 1 80, I have alts I cant wait to make and play and there have been no expansions yet, and there are still many point on the map to see and go to still. (crystal desert, ring of fire, northern shiverpeaks etc)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

The stats from dungeon gear is no better than any other exotic in game. I myself have 0 pieces of dungeon exotics but have 2 fulls sets of exotic gear (tough/vit/power set and power/crit/magic find set). They came relatively easily but are not as “cool looking” as most dungeon sets. Working on my Arah explorable set and nightmare set now, will take a while, but that is okay with me. Nice to have something to work for and not feel “finished with the game” 1 month into it. So far this is only 1 80, I have alts I cant wait to make and play and there have been no expansions yet, and there are still many point on the map to see and go to still. (crystal desert, ring of fire, northern shiverpeaks etc)

Where did you get your Tough/Vit/Power set?

Because last I checked there was only WvWvW and Dungeons to get that from.

in Suggestions

Cerise.9045

Please share your secrets for making this money. I’m currently using the method described by Jon Peters as “one of the best ways to make money in the game” and making about 13 silver per dungeon run, and I don’t really want to run a dungeon 500 times to gear my alt out in basic “not cool looking” armor.

in Suggestions

Posted by: KingLz.1407

KingLz.1407

What about Mystic Forge/random non-dungeon exotics? Am I to understand that the Mystic Forge and random drops are limited to a certain stat-set? I’m actually not sure, just pointing out an obvious oversight if it is one.

There are always 3 stats on each piece of lvl 80 armor.
1 main and 2 sub stats.
Also they are never random and follow some patterns.

I just saw there is 1 set of armor that is buyable at the trading post that has condition damage, thoughness, precision.

The problem is the exotic crafted set with cd, vit, power would costs me 10 gold.
The other set that probably drops costs me around 10+ gold each piece.

I don’t care about the looks, but I really care about the stats distribution.
And I am disappointed that some combinations are just so hard and expansive to get, even if I don’t care about the looks at all!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nuorus.8415

Nuorus.8415

Make the dungeon sets easy to get, many people will have em, sets will loose their unique feeling. Keep the sets out of everyones reach (atleast slow em to get those) and the sets will keep their unique feeling.

I personaly don’t like ANY of those dungeon heavy armors so I put some lvl40 armor skin on my lvl78 exotic set. Just lacking a cool helmet, may have found it but it costs like 1,5g. Weapons got lvl60 exotic skins (legionnaire). My armor is combination of multiple sets as I find those different parts to complete the armor better than the orginal sets.

So overall no need for dungeons nor for grinding, have best stats (oh boy those are something like 5 stats worse than the best ones), have the best looks.

Little repeat: ( Hard to get sets will feel more unique )

Feel free to argue with me. You learn something every time and it develops your personality.

People seems using word “trolling” out of context way too often…

in Suggestions

Cerise.9045

Make the dungeon sets easy to get, many people will have em, sets will loose their unique feeling. Keep the sets out of everyones reach (atleast slow em to get those) and the sets will keep their unique feeling.

I personaly don’t like ANY of those dungeon heavy armors so I put some lvl40 armor skin on my lvl78 exotic set. Just lacking a cool helmet, may have found it but it costs like 1,5g. Weapons got lvl60 exotic skins (legionnaire). My armor is combination of multiple sets as I find those different parts to complete the armor better than the orginal sets.

So overall no need for dungeons nor for grinding, have best stats (oh boy those are something like 5 stats worse than the best ones), have the best looks.

Little repeat: ( Hard to get sets will feel more unique )

The correct way to please both sides is to have the unique special looking skins be hard to get, and have less cool looking max stat gear be easy to get so people don’t have to grind forever to be on an even playing field with each other.