I vote Titles be more noticeable.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Genreninja.8516

Genreninja.8516

I couldn’t even figure out where my title was. It took me several minutes of searching to find out it’s the grayed out word beneath your health bar when someone talks to you..

Titles mean something, I want to take pride in my title and show off my achievement… It feels so downplayed, out of the way, and hidden. Whats the point of having a title if I can’t flaunt it…

Just a selfish suggestion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

I agree with this. They were much more visible in GW1 and I liked that. Maybe make the title appear as part of the nameplates over player models.

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Suggestions

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

+ 1 vote. We need more individualism aka need to be able to stand out more. I feel like everyone is just a herd, no one really stands out

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

in Suggestions

Posted by: Halycon.5371

Halycon.5371

I definitely agree with this, they should tack onto the end/beginning of your name (like in WoW and other games) I never even notice titles on other players!

in Suggestions

Posted by: TravisTrout.6803

TravisTrout.6803

+1 Titles should be just as prominent as that groovy sword on your back or your expensive taste in dye. It’s all cosmetic, so why isn’t a title you earned just as visible as any other cosmetic aspect of your character?

in Suggestions

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

I support your suggestions.

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

in Suggestions

Posted by: mrsrachelm.7618

mrsrachelm.7618

AS long as there is a toggle where I don’t have to see my game view cluttered with them, I’m all for it. I don’t want to be forced to see my own nameplate, etc either.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

AS long as there is a toggle where I don’t have to see my game view cluttered with them, I’m all for it. I don’t want to be forced to see my own nameplate, etc either.

This. It’s very annoying to have your screen filled with “Player X, the Bringer of Uneccessary Clutter On Your Screen” -titles

Sure I’ve collected titles in mmos just like everyone else, but never used any and always turned other people’s titles off if possible. Titles are my personal accomplishments and I really doubt that anyone actually is interested to see what titles I, or anyone else, have.

Soo if they add this, please add an option to not see them too.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ritualist.5380

Ritualist.5380

Since the character limit for names is as long as it is, I say the title should go underneath your character name in quotations. This way would save a bit of screen space, and most of the titles aren’t long anyway. Since titles are also able to be used on alts, this would be a way to get an idea of someone’s skill level when pugging for something (not all titles would apply obviously).

in Suggestions

Posted by: BobbyK.9730

BobbyK.9730

I agree with the OP. If someone chooses a certain title they have achieved, make it show up under their name. If someone doesn’t want any of their titles to show, they just leave it set as no title.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Direngrey.1247

Direngrey.1247

Completely agreed with this suggestion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aragnor.4250

Aragnor.4250

Yes completely agree.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Scary.8034

Scary.8034

Yes I totally agree +1 to more visible titles

in Suggestions

Posted by: The LZ.7891

The LZ.7891

You can only have so many Gods walking among mere mortals, before
it becomes unimpressive. So a little bit of potential for oversights, might
help.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

I’ll go along with this but only if the title causes your name to viewable from 2x as far away in Wv3. I like knowing who is a pompous fool to kill first.

The way it is now is perfect. Look around a diner some time. You can’t point out those with official titles and those who don’t (yes official titles exist in this day and age expecially if you work for the government).

You want to brag? Get a legendary weapon for visibility. Leave the titles nice and small so there is less clutter. It is bad enough the commander icons show up in PvE.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

I don’t really see the problem you click on them and you see the title what more do you want?

in Suggestions

Posted by: GADefence.5634

GADefence.5634

" Gods walking among mere mortals" Yes but I already get asked weekly on how I got that title. Remember, the GW1 crowd has thinned – a lot less people have and will have GWAMM. I think titles being more visible would be nice.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I agree that they should be more visible, and I also think it should be entirely possible to reach a happy medium here.

My preference would be to use the same system as in GW1 where titles show up along with character names and guild tag when you mouse over a person or hold down the relevant key to make them all show up.

There is already an option to have names hidden at all other times, so you don’t have to see them if you don’t want to and if you’ve chosen to have names up a little bit of extra text won’t make a big difference.

But as it is now titles are barely noticeable and I feel like that makes them pointless. I always liked reading them in GW1 – not necessarily because I found them impressive, but more to see what people want to tell you they’ve done. It’s like a random little bonus fact about the person.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I don’t really see the problem you click on them and you see the title what more do you want?

The problem with the current system is that you don’t see them unless you specifically go looking for them, and I suspect to most people titles aren’t impressive/interesting enough to justify that.

As I said in my last post I like to read them as a kind of flavour text about the character/player. But it’s not worth the hassle of clicking on each person individually to see if they’ve got a title up and what it is.

So under the current system they go virtually ignored, when (IMO at least) it would be possible to make them more noticable without going so far that they get irritating.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Suggestions

Runiir.6425

If they float over your head without the ability to turn titles off, they are now irritating to most people. No, you don’t use turning all names off as a means of combating this as people use floating names to call out targets.

If you are curious about titles, click on people, if you aren’t then youdon’t see them. It is perfect as is.

in Suggestions

GADefence.5634

“But as it is now titles are barely noticeable and I feel like that makes them pointless. I always liked reading them in GW1 – not necessarily because I found them impressive, but more to see what people want to tell you they’ve done. It’s like a random little bonus fact about the person.”

Part of that fact is since titles are in dark while they had better contrast in GW1.

in Suggestions

Genreninja.8516

Im glad im not the only one who feels this way. As for those who are a bit hesitant with idea. Its not that I think making them visible by your name in game is what I want. They are actually fine where they are. Just giving them more contrast would make me happy so when I target someone I can see it clearly along with their nam, guild, and level. Even in the small tooltip winfow where we can see their server and achievement score would be nice.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aragnor.4250

Aragnor.4250

I’ll go along with this but only if the title causes your name to viewable from 2x as far away in Wv3. I like knowing who is a pompous fool to kill first.

Ever heard of Red Baron.. =)

in Suggestions

Direngrey.1247

You should see their name, guild, and title above their heads.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

You don’t even need the entire title to be over people’s heads (that may clutter the screen).

You could simply have a badge for each title and be able to display 1 badge at a time (much like the explorer icon).

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

in Suggestions

Direngrey.1247

You don’t even need the entire title to be over people’s heads (that may clutter the screen).

You could simply have a badge for each title and be able to display 1 badge at a time (much like the explorer icon).

That sounds pretty good, having badges underneath people’s names when you target them, it could replace where the writing usually was, but instead you could have a nice little badge like the explorer one, I dunno how they would make all of them individual though. You could also just show all the titles in badges.
Target character > See coloured badges under name (Each badge represents a separate title) > Hover over badge and it tells you what it’s for.

I like it.

in Suggestions

Runiir.6425

Ever heard of Red Baron.. =)

Yup, and he would have had twice the kills if he hadn’t done that.
The Allies had ace’s with half his kills that were never once shot down before being circulated back home, the baron was shot down multiple times…he just got lucky and survived.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shadow.3289

Shadow.3289

I disagree players don’t need to have full recognition for earning a Title. It doesn’t need to be made a big deal of.

“A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom”
StormBluff Isle

in Suggestions

GADefence.5634

“Yup, and he would have had twice the kills if he hadn’t done that.”

Because moral and propoganda don’t account for anything in a war – and instead of 50 nameless people, 50 glowing tags of “murderer of WvW” wouldn’t demoralize would be new comers more.

On a side note, I can’t find many notices of RB being shot down basically anywhere. Doubt he wasn’t, most aces I read about seem to get shot down 3 to 5 times on average.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

I don’t want my screen filled with player names and all their info its perfect as it is.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MrsAngelD.6971

MrsAngelD.6971

I too think titles should be more noticeable, and while we’re at it I would like to see my own name/title.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Scargrim.4528

Scargrim.4528

+1 Titles should be just as prominent as that groovy sword on your back or your expensive taste in dye. It’s all cosmetic, so why isn’t a title you earned just as visible as any other cosmetic aspect of your character?

^^ Exactly. I completely support this idea. If I work hard for a title I want to be able to see it! Sure some of the people here may argue that you don’t need to see titles, but if I were to say you don’t need to see the flames coming off your sword I’m sure you wouldn’t agree.

By that logic, its just something that you achieved… why do I nor anyone else need to see it? Don’t clutter my screen with your characters flaming armour/weapons. Of course thats a stupid thing to say. I don’t see any need to stomp on someones idea of fun in running around showing off their legendary sword. Why would anyone have a problem with optional display of titles?

I think that everyone here can agree that the OPTION to TOGGLE other players titles or your own is a win all situation. I want to see my title just as much as I want to see a great skin on my armour. Whats wrong with that?

in Suggestions

Genreninja.8516

I don’t want my screen filled with player names and all their info its perfect as it is.

If it was perfect, threads like this would not have been created.

But again I’d like to re-iterate I don’t think the problem is where the titles are located, it’s how noticeable they are.

And a compromise to titles cluttering the screen if they were displayed with the name, is allow them to be toggle-able just like names are already.

in Suggestions

Genreninja.8516

I like this concept. I was visualising it earlier. At it’d be interesting, if the different Achievment areas had a marticular badge style, and then the titles within had their own unique modification to the badge. ..

However this would add something that isn’t already there. Maybe the little Achievement icon in the Detailed Tooltip window when you select a player could be where the badge is located?

I dunno, but regardless of badges, the current title needs more contrast.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

I believe one of the titles adds a gold “badge” besides your name. I’d also like to see more of these badges. Say Ive earned the yakslapper title, why not have a little picture showing someone slap a yak next to my name.

Other than that, for people that have done titles that take tremendous amounts of time AND effort (time based titles are silly without other requisites) why not add additional character frames? The same system used for npc’s basic, veteran, champion, and legendary status is what I’m referring to. If I was one of the five players in the world that beat so and so, one of the most difficult parts of this game, I would love to show off my legendary status because I simply am legendary.

Edit- Some of the hard to earn titles in GW1 had special emotes tied to your rank, Id like to see these comeback.

(edited by Lord Aargadon.4135)

in Suggestions

Posted by: VanderBeltLegacy.4736

VanderBeltLegacy.4736

seriously, click on some1, you see name/lvl/guild/title….why change that….what i would like to see, is my OWN title/be able to click on myself.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Its a title, of course you want to be more noticed, but I do agree with being able to see it on yourself.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tera GX.8149

Tera GX.8149

Representing “badges” for the name area. It’d be easy to do. Put it either next to the name on the opposite side of where the exploration icon goes, or put it slightly larger centered behind the name. I think this strikes a great balance. Alternatively it could just go where the exploration icon already is, since that icon already has an associated title you can put on, but I feel that one’s a special status that should coincide with other titles.

Fully worded titles over every player would be clutter.

Tera Xenphos of Fort Aspenwood (guildless, deliberately)

in Suggestions

Genreninja.8516

seriously, click on some1, you see name/lvl/guild/title….why change that….what i would like to see, is my OWN title/be able to click on myself.

You make two great points.

It’s not that they need to change teh location of the title, it’s they need to make it more visible. Right now it’s a dull gray, and when you look for its not natural to look there. I kept looking up by the name, guild, level. Not beneath the health bar. and it’s low contrast meant when I was looking in the right area, I still wasn’t noticing it.

The other point I agree with, is seeing your own title. I wish I could.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Diva.4706

Diva.4706

This is a must, a title is something to show-off, not hide.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fievre.4510

Fievre.4510

Agreed, definitely. I nagged about it at first when I couldn’t see my HoM titles. I don’t show them off for everyone else, I show them off because I like them. This has shown up in a similar thread, but it works just as well here.

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

Well i think this would be nice , i also would want an option to turn off all other people titles from my screen. names already are annoying on big events , dont need titles in there also making an even bigger mess.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Suggestions

Posted by: Spider.5347

Spider.5347

I agree with OP – but also with that there should be an option to turn this off for people who don’t want too much clutter.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

For the people saying “just click on them!” have you ever tried to click on a specific person in the LA bank herd? It’s not always easy.

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Suggestions

Genreninja.8516

For the people saying “just click on them!” have you ever tried to click on a specific person in the LA bank herd? It’s not always easy.

Word. Anywhere people gather. Anytime people gather.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

It is sad to see, or not see may be the case here. You work hard for titles, some more so than others, but you deserve to show them off. As for cluttering, there is already the option to turn names off so it would not be out of their power to have an option for you to turn off titles. Titles are barely visible and need to stand out more, I also miss being able to highlight my own character. I want to see my own titles, I want to see that 100% map star over my head but I cant :/ and it makes me sad. Do my achievements matter? What is the point? Achievements are there to show off.

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

I want the titles to work as they do on WoW.

I’ve seen numerous people in game ask if this game has titles and how do you display them (and no, they weren’t low levels).

Someone in my guild said “oh, you have that HoM title. Just noticed.” about a month after the game came out!

Titles are far too invisible as they are now.

On a related note, the map star should show at all times too and be optionally visible on your own character. I know someone who was quite annoyed that he couldn’t see his own star.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

Totally agree. I was disappointed with it as well. For those who like to show off it’s good, but also having the option there to turn them off when needed as well.

Maybe have them included to show or hide in the “Always show player names” option?

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Voidspawn.1934

Voidspawn.1934

I agree, titles have to be more visible otherwise there’s no point in having them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cluisanna.1360

Cluisanna.1360

+1 to this completely.