I want fishing

I want fishing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eladriel.7295

Eladriel.7295

The title says it all.. I want fishing. I want to catch fish, crates… what ever else I can fish up.

Together we stand in the face of evil!

I want fishing

in Suggestions

Posted by: William.6258

William.6258

I like this idea…

I want fishing

in Suggestions

Posted by: schizandra.4587

schizandra.4587

It would be a fun minigame, and fish could be implemented in the cooking craft.

I want fishing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

And I want a Porsche!! Look mate, just because you demand it does not mean you will get it. How about you provide a fitting argument as to why it should be included in the game, how it would improve the game and other possible future uses it would have which would set it aside from other games.

Plenty of game out there have fishing already; Runescape, Animal Crossing, try those out first.

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

I want fishing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

I would also like fishing ^^
Some ideas.
-fishing with bare hands in the water. You aquire a raw fish that can either be used for cooking(crafting) or can be used on a fire(there’s plenty of campfires around) to make an item that can be used to consume for a small buff that lasts per example 10 or 5 minutes. (I also think its stance we can’t eat strawberries without cooking)

-using a rod. Either permanent, or one time item. Can only be used at ‘fishing-spots’. CN be aquired from fishers for a small fee.

Why I would like to see this and why it would fit in?

-from an RP-perspective. It’s strange already IMO that we can’t eat strawberries, raspberries, etc.
Say, you are traveling with your group of adventurers. Or your warband. Night falls and you start to get hungry. You build a camp near the water, drink water and. Fish. Oh wait, kitten I can kill undead, trolls, ettins… But catch a fish… Nope…
So the party goes hungry…

-gameplay perspective: it could give a small buff, lasting per example 10 minutes. It could scale on level so the buff always gives more or less the same effect for each level.
If you don’t cook the fish it could maybe give a debuf for a couple of seconds.
I already mentioned that I think it’s strange I can’t just eat a strawberry I just picked.
Besides that, it would give the critter-tuna’s a use.
This could also be extended to other critters like rabbits and birds.

I don’t think this would really hurt the gameplay. As a level 400 cook I don’t see how this could hurt the cooling profession. The buffs aquired will be much less and last shorter.
I might’ve missed things here. But it’s just an idea

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

I want fishing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

You can’t fish with your bare hands unless you’ve practiced for weeks.

Ever tried to do it yourself?

I agree with the rest. I think it shouldn’t be edible until included in a cooking recipe, but once it is you can get all kinds of oh-so-delicious foods that have identical buffs to their land counterparts. Fish oils could also be included in artificing, and fish bones could be carved into charms(Borrowing from Dishonored, an awesome game) that could be used in Jewelcrafting. In other words, cooking supplement + somewhat of a money-maker?

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

I want fishing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khetnen.7231

Khetnen.7231

I think Anet said none of the current ingredients are fish for a reason.
One day this will exist.

I want fishing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drake Brimstone.3706

Drake Brimstone.3706

I’d love to see fishing in the game. I’ve always loved fishing in the MMOs that have it. I am a bit concerned about how healthy it is to eat the fish from some of the waters in the game though.

I want fishing

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Absolutely! I want it too and for the catches to not be limited to just fish!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

I want fishing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

Actually there IS fishing of sorts out there… I don’t remember which zone exactly, but there are fishing poles around a lake in the branded zone, pick one up, reel it in and stomp on it lol

I want fishing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

You mean like this?

Attachments:

I want fishing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

@Frosty

As I matter of fact I tried plenty of times as a kid…
I agree it would be very difficult. x’D
Then again I also wonder how my character can go so easily from slaying centaurs to fighting champion-giants and dragons… But that’s just me ^^’

How about making barehanded fishing some sort of minigame that does require some practice to be good at? And maybe use things in the environment. An abandoned net, maybe there’s a dagger laying around?

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

(edited by Curae.1837)

I want fishing

in Suggestions

Posted by: rinzler.4908

rinzler.4908

+100

I want fishing as well. Along the lines of salvaging, mining, herbing and cutting down trees. No leveling required. Just purchase a rod at whatever level with however many uses… top level being orichalum rod.

ingredients used in cooking

I want fishing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nhemin.1520

Nhemin.1520

Yet another fun, entertaining, simple idea to keep the game going and add fun things to the cash shop.

…However, big bad ANET says “NOPE”.

They want you doing boring one-time events, not something fun/leisurely like “fishing”, lol.

I want fishing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Quaz.4931

Quaz.4931

Its almost as if there are more important things to be working on. Just be patient and persistant, I am sure you will get your weirdly popular fishing mini game lol

I want fishing

in Suggestions

Posted by: mattdc.8025

mattdc.8025

+1, I love fishing!