I would like to see fishing added in the future

in Suggestions

Posted by: karma.8763

karma.8763

BIG FAT YES!!!!!!!! on the fishing, no mmo is safe without fishing…….look what happened to swtor :P, see anet? that is what happens when there is no fishing:).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vince.7291

Vince.7291

Unfortunately i have the feeling that most of the GW2 community doesn’t share this craving of ours, but who knows…. maybe one day, one day for the fisherman inside us!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lani.1429

Lani.1429

If they make something cool out of fishing why not

in Suggestions

Posted by: raenen.5807

raenen.5807

I would love to see fishing

in Suggestions

Posted by: BBilbo.9641

BBilbo.9641

I’ve fished in Zelda
I’ve fished in Ultima Online
I’ve fished in Everquest
I’ve fished in Star Wars Galaxies
I’ve fished in WoW
I’ve fished in Animal Crossing
I’ve fished in Harvest Moon
I’ve fished in the Sims 3
I’ve fished in Runescape

This game definitely needs fishing.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien
“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

in Suggestions

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

This is the ONLY feature of WoW that I do wish this game had. Fishing was a nice diversion.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pants.8315

Pants.8315

Yes please. A welcome diversion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SoulTrain.2157

SoulTrain.2157

yes fishing in mmo games are always a plus for me.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Call Me M.6392

Call Me M.6392

Could be a lot of fun. I just hope it won’t add 2798234 more crafted Chef ingredients that we can’t store in collections tab.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Guitarzero.8316

Guitarzero.8316

Wouldn’t mind fishing up old artifacts with story elements too (since a lot of areas seem to show battles or even LA how it sunk)

just curious how the mechanics would be. WoWs way seems to be pretty standard. Torchlight had a pretty simple way also with the Circle that eventually matched up.

they could also just have a bunch of random spots that were auto-fish (like the other professions)

in Suggestions

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Yes.

Painting, carving, domesticating animals, archaeology (learn some lore along the way), politics (lots of towns out there to help out), hand-to-hand wrestling or other combat (against NPCs or players), single person and team sports, factions.

Seems like there are lots of things you can slap progression bars and things to unlock on that would be fun to do.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TRON.1085

TRON.1085

I miss fishing from lotro and other games, and crafting animations.

in Suggestions

Posted by: gillius.2856

gillius.2856

No…. For me. I have never seen the point in fishing in games, i have had ago at it and i get bored real fast.
Having said that i wont be upset if it does make it into the game… its not like i gotta do it…Right.. and i guess more options are better than less..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Massi.1608

Massi.1608

Definetely “Yes” to fishing from me, for whatever it’s worth. Probably not much.
Heck, they could even copy the fishing from WoW as it is, I’m quite sure it’s not copyrighted.

Also, if any decision makers are reading this, think of financial consequ.. erm.. possibilities:
Personally, I will never buy your pirate/witch/Mad King/etc. costumes in your gem shop.
But I will, however, buy a fishing outfit (if it’s good looking and comes with a straw hat with hooks and baits attached) and a fishing pole skin (if it’s shiny and bejeweled and shows how awesome an angler I am).

(edited by Massi.1608)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vlaxitov.5693

Vlaxitov.5693

Yes add the kind of fishing where I go underwater and defeat the fish in combat.

Fishing as in standing there and clicking 1 button every 10-20 seconds? I’ll pass.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

I’d like fishing but would hope it would be more interactive than current resource nodes (and that doesn’t mean make fishing pools that you have to try to hit with your bobber as that is getting a bit old). I’d be up for them making it as complicated as cooking (e.g. there are differences between fly fishing in a stream, fishing with a bobber in a lake and fishing with nets or spears or traps in an ocean).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Norb.4253

Norb.4253

I’d love to see fishing at some point, traveling around the world getting various fish to use in cooking or trophies – sounds good to me.

in Suggestions

Posted by: dangerhunt.2607

dangerhunt.2607

fishing or camp fire, would be nice to have option to enjoy the scenary and while chatting.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Angel.1435

Angel.1435

LEGENDARY FISHING RODS! ! ! !

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

A fishing rod that looks like a huge fish that shoots fish out of its mouth to latch onto fish for you to reel them in.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Angel.1435

Angel.1435

A fishing rod that looks like a huge fish that shoots fish out of its mouth to latch onto fish for you to reel them in.

Yo dawg, I heard you like to fish so we put fish in your fish so you can fish while you fish

in Suggestions

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

Yes but why stop there.
I am a thief so why net let me do nefarious things around LA like sell skrittles or something else illegal or theft. Pay a fee when Logan thatchery comes and locks me up.
Or taking a contract out on dreaded bot players where I have to hunt them down and kill them.
Let me have a place for me to stay and make my own and work away for.
There are so many good things that could be implemented instead of what we have.
Ascended fishing rods ftw!

in Suggestions

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Back in May on the Guru forums I had this idea regarding fishing:
——————————————————————————————————————————————-

Right now, fishing isn’t in the game, so this is purely hypothetical. However, imagine if they were to introduce it, what they could to with it.

• Craftable fishing poles, various levels of poles perhaps, or even various levels of hooks jewelers could make.
  • Obviously more cooking options.
  • Random dynamic events. Imagine if you accidentally hooked a Hylek leader and started a local skirmish, or hooked a long sleeping creature on the bottom of the lake that went into a rampage.
  • fishing competitions would be possible I imagine…

I hope they’ll consider it… in the GW2 universe they could make fishing a whole lot more than buy a pole and cast a line.

Your skill bar changes with the pole equipped.

1. Cast. Distance of the cast is dependant on how long you hold the key down and it’s straight line from where you’re facing.
2. Jiggle. You give your bait a little wiggle.
3. Set hook. When you get a visual indicator that something is nibbling your bait you use three to set the hook which leads to:
4. Land/Reel in. Bring the fish in. Landing the fish could be made more complicated with things like drag, etc, but maybe not just yet.
5. Bait hook. Opens your tackle box (new bag type) and allows you to select baits as well as sinkers or bobbers.

Depending on bait and depth different fish could become available. The Tackle box would be a bag with a certain number of slots in it that solely holds fishing equipment. Different size tackle boxes could be crafted.

Other event idea(s):

An NPC needs help clearing a dock or favorite spot of some nasties so he can fish. As a reward, you can buy certain baits, maybe a recipe, plus get advice on how to catch a certain type of fish for karma.

• Ideally, a tackle box could be taken out as a complete bag and stored, with contents intact, in your bank, or be a separate bag slot always available to your character that can only hold a tackle box.
#TeamJadeQuarry

(edited by VOLKON.1290)

in Suggestions

Posted by: bluejay.6739

bluejay.6739

Yes, add fishing, but please make it an actual mini-game and give us some gameplay value for it. Single click fishing implementations are boring.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Sounds fun,also provides for new mats,new ingredients possibly,being able to now and then fish up a treasure or occasionally catching an aggressive fish that will pull you in the water and attacks you.

in Suggestions

Vince.7291

Back in May on the Guru forums I had this idea regarding fishing:
——————————————————————————————————————————————-

Right now, fishing isn’t in the game, so this is purely hypothetical. However, imagine if they were to introduce it, what they could to with it.

• Craftable fishing poles, various levels of poles perhaps, or even various levels of hooks jewelers could make.
  • Obviously more cooking options.
  • Random dynamic events. Imagine if you accidentally hooked a Hylek leader and started a local skirmish, or hooked a long sleeping creature on the bottom of the lake that went into a rampage.
  • fishing competitions would be possible I imagine…

I hope they’ll consider it… in the GW2 universe they could make fishing a whole lot more than buy a pole and cast a line.

Your skill bar changes with the pole equipped.

1. Cast. Distance of the cast is dependant on how long you hold the key down and it’s straight line from where you’re facing.
2. Jiggle. You give your bait a little wiggle.
3. Set hook. When you get a visual indicator that something is nibbling your bait you use three to set the hook which leads to:
4. Land/Reel in. Bring the fish in. Landing the fish could be made more complicated with things like drag, etc, but maybe not just yet.
5. Bait hook. Opens your tackle box (new bag type) and allows you to select baits as well as sinkers or bobbers.

Depending on bait and depth different fish could become available. The Tackle box would be a bag with a certain number of slots in it that solely holds fishing equipment. Different size tackle boxes could be crafted.

Other event idea(s):

An NPC needs help clearing a dock or favorite spot of some nasties so he can fish. As a reward, you can buy certain baits, maybe a recipe, plus get advice on how to catch a certain type of fish for karma.

• Ideally, a tackle box could be taken out as a complete bag and stored, with contents intact, in your bank, or be a separate bag slot always available to your character that can only hold a tackle box.

Wow those are some awesome ideas!

Keep them coming guys and maybe the devs will get inspired.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xaekyx.6320

Xaekyx.6320

I’d love this as long as they don’t make it a money sink. It should be for supplementing Cooking and finding the occasional random item.
I like the variety of fish in WoW, but I thought it was dumb that you were unable to fish in areas if your skill wasn’t high enough. It should just be HARDER to catch certain fish if your skill is low.
I don’t know how to make fishing fun or unique. There are a lot of good suggestions in this topic that I hope ArenaNet will look into. Clicking on a bobber might work in WoW, but it wouldn’t fit in an action oriented game like GW2.

Some thoughts:
Fishing up a Risen Tuna in the Straits of Devastation would be fun.
Feeding fish to nearby skale and drakes to make them passive would take care of the aggro problem along most of the shorelines.
Fishing poles having new skillsets would fit well with GW2 (edit: Volkon’s ideas are way better).

(edited by Xaekyx.6320)

in Suggestions

Vince.7291

Hey the title of the thread changed from “Fishing… Yes or no?” to “I would like to see fishing added in the future”

How come?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Koega.8653

Koega.8653

I dunno, maybe they changed it for devs to track it easier? At least you know someone from Anet has seen the post!

in Suggestions

VOLKON.1290

You know… with the bobber/sinker thing it may be better to have that represent “surface/mid level/bottom” for bait placement. Limiting it to three “zones” should simplify it a bit.

Oh, and I give ANet full blessings to create the “Volkon” line of fishing poles, gear and apparel.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Suggestions

Vince.7291

You know… with the bobber/sinker thing it may be better to have that represent “surface/mid level/bottom” for bait placement. Limiting it to three “zones” should simplify it a bit.

Oh, and I give ANet full blessings to create the “Volkon” line of fishing poles, gear and apparel.

If they do it, they should name an exotic fishing pole “Volkon”

in Suggestions

Vince.7291

I dunno, maybe they changed it for devs to track it easier? At least you know someone from Anet has seen the post!

They can change it to anything they want if that helps them!

in Suggestions

VOLKON.1290

If they do it, they should name an exotic fishing pole “Volkon”

I, in a completely unbiased fashion, approve of this suggestion.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

I support this idea.

Fishing would be a nice way to stay doing something while we talk in chat.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch