Ideas for future Legendary

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Hi, I wanted to start a Topic so people would give ideas for new Legendary. Try to give a bit more explanation that : Ya i want a water rifle or a rainbow greatsword. If you have a picture fantastic, if you don’t have one then explain what effect do you think the legendary that you propose could have.

Here already one post about What eternity should looks : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/What-Eternity-Should-Look-Like/first

For my own idea i started by listing basic Elements or basic concept : Light, Darkness, Water, Fire, Ice, etc. You can link each current Legendary to a core concept, but no legendary go near Earth or Tar (you know Tar Elemental). So i began by imagining a Tar Shield.

It would be simply Shield with Tar all over it. The Tar would drop out of it to let footstep behind you. The Tar could get a bit higher in your hand and arm. The Tar could act in a particular manner on the Shield to create motif or movement. One some skill like the Warrior Shield block you could see splash of Tar when projectile are block by your Shield.

I don’t have particular idea for the Earth element, maybe you could have interesting idea for that or anything else. What your dream Legendary looks like?

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Suggestions

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

Is this only for legendary weapons or other ideas such as legendary armor, and trinkets?

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

in Suggestions

Posted by: dbgamer.3407

dbgamer.3407

I would like to see a phased-approach to the legendaries – like the fractal capacitors, so you can ascend your legendary to the graphic effect you like best.

For example, using greatswords, the first version might be an awesome legendary greatsword with gems and shining hilt, and a shimmering blade for the initial version, and then the first ascension can add whichever partical effect you want – lightning, fire, ice, blood, light, etc. The next ascension could be a change to the build of the weapon, bigger blade, more jewels, etc., and the finale could be the addition of a proc/effect/aura/footfall or whatever, but something awesome to cap it off.

This approach allows the players to really customize their Legendaries, and if they don’t like a certain aspect, they don’t have to ascend it.

Also, dual sets of legendaries would be cool – daggers, pistols, swords, etc. make for good dual-wield weapon sets.

And lastly – I think the next legendaries should be account bound!

Arkenell of Fort Aspenwood

in Suggestions

Posted by: dbgamer.3407

dbgamer.3407

I’ve got a ton of ideas for new legendaries – ANET I will offer them up for free, PM me! muahaha

Arkenell of Fort Aspenwood

in Suggestions

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

I think the blue glowing part from the light of dwayna could be made into an interesting sword

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

A new Legendary Greatsword ‘Spectrum’ is a concept I came up with (well, the title of it anyway, not the rainbow greatsword – many would have thought of that before me, ha ha :-P).

Could require:

Infinite Light
Gift of Colour
Gift of Mastery
Gift of Fortune

I thought really hard about those items required, and it makes sense – infinite light is an expensive exotic (in the 600 gold + region), gift of colour (well, the greatsword would make rainbows when spun etc. so this is extremely appropriate), and the other 2 gifts are required in legendaries anyways so… there we have it, the potential recipe for Spectrum.

And here’s the icon and concept for it:

Attachments:

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Is this only for legendary weapons or other ideas such as legendary armor, and trinkets?

For all legendary item you want. But Legendary Armor are tricky. I talked about that with a friend of mine recently. As Chris said it in the last CDI, Armor are the costliest item of the game to design. Meaning that number of Legendary Armor cannot be really high. If they end up adding legendary weapons, that just cannot use the Legendary Weapons system and only design a legendary armor once in a while. Because at the end, a lot of people will end up with the same Armor set. As we continued to talk, he pointed out that the best would be that the armor don’t really have a skin, but instead allow you to use whatever armor skin you like and the legendary armor will add special effect on it. I responded that this would be better if we didn’t had legendary armor but in place either a new item or a legendary trinkets. This item or trinket would give you a special effect that apply on whatever armor you have one. For exemple, one of these legendary item could apply a series of Shining Kanji all over your armor. Another could create growing vines around you, etc. This would allow legendary looks, but also creativity by the community and not only a couple of really kitten Armor that everybody want and that most people will have a year after his release. We already have this kind of people with Legendary Weapons.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD