Ideas for the next Race

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amen.2630

Amen.2630

kinda early, but still,

- Next Race should be an Underwater-Race, with a Starting Area under Water, like Mermaids??

- I like to have some kind of Fairy-Race, which will look like small flying shining Balls with wings ^^

Then i could try another Proffession without playing the same Race twice

If you all could think of a new Race you can post below too! \o/

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

Tengu. Hylek. shark like creatures. but no fairy’s or mermaids.

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.3845

Natsu Dragneel.3845

Please, make the Tengu playable! They are so awesome.
Underwater race would be awesome, like the largos or something.

Making up a race isnt gonna work, Anet is probably gonna choose for something allready excists and have a part in the lore. So your fairy-like idea isnt gonna work.

Except for the three small factions(skritt, hylek and quaggan) I can only think of Tengu or Kodan.

Level 80 Guardian | Main
Shattered Souls | www.shattered-souls.net
Ring of Fire

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Of the ones in GW2 right now Tengu or Kodan . With that said however id love to play as a Seer.

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Siam.1278

Siam.1278

Please make the next playable race Kodan.

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Looria.8019

Looria.8019

Centaur!

If you have problems with swimming, just transform them into mermaids.
I mean still the upper body remains the same, just change the lower body.
Would be frikking awesome.

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: GuilguiS.2738

GuilguiS.2738

I really like the idea of an underwater race with an underwater starting area, but it wouldn’t work with the quagans nor the krait. maybe the largos? the look really cool and they are a new race. can’t be that hard to make some background for them. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Largos.jpg

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: yandere.9176

yandere.9176

Largos! When there is ever a playable underwater race hopefully it is the Largos.

Desolation – Mistress of significance level

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amen.2630

Amen.2630

I wouldnt like it to play an already existing Race, they should make something completly new >_>’

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zetoe.1327

Zetoe.1327

Skritt…

More words to get past the post limit

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esorono.1039

Esorono.1039

I want to play a tengu! )o) No wait, make it 5!

Playable Tengu please!

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: CTzar.8542

CTzar.8542

Just tossing out my vote for skritt.

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nephaerius.9103

Nephaerius.9103

Next race will clearly be Tengu. Dominion of Winds will clearly be their starter zone.

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Petoso.2574

Petoso.2574

There are continents that races of Tyria didn’t visit. Maybe there are new species/races fighting the dragon corruption. I can clearly see the map expanding. But I would love to play quagans/largos/tengu. And I miss some dark magic (not death magic) class.

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: THE BEARDED ONE.2736

THE BEARDED ONE.2736

A skritt thief would be fun.

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

Tenth
Hylek
Koda

Likely one of those next.

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lurch.4793

Lurch.4793

Well from what I’ve seen from other MMO suggestion posts, we will all get what we all don’t want.

As for me, I like the Skritt. Reminds me of the Ratonga, from EQ2.

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

Oh ya I forgot Skritt. Possibly them also.

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Centaur!

If you have problems with swimming, just transform them into mermaids.
I mean still the upper body remains the same, just change the lower body.
Would be frikking awesome.

Umm… horses can swim really well, so why would you need to something so weird just to give them a swimming animation?

As for my vote, I would love to see one of the fallen races rise to become a great nation again, like the Giants or the Ogres, or even the centaur actually.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tarkaroshe.8370

Tarkaroshe.8370

I think Kodan and Tengu are a must really.

Though I suppose Skritt are a possibility but I’d bet they’d have to share the starting zone with the humans (separate “skritt” type home instance and story in DR perhaps). I really can’t see them sharing the newbie areas of the others.

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Johnny Boi.4980

Johnny Boi.4980

I hope future races consist of Tengu, Largos and Kodan =3

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: MeveM.7913

MeveM.7913

Elves. Since they turned into plants. We need elves.

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Adine.2184

Lore doesn’t support Elves so your gonna have to stick with Sylvari

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ranael.4175

Ranael.4175

Kodas or Tengus.
Be it birds or bears.
Not rat skinned or mares.
Be it has claws or paws.
Snow or rainfall.
Grass mantles or snowwalls.
Kodas or Tengus.

(edited by Ranael.4175)

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

Why would they add a new race? >.>

I’d rather see actual content instead of a new character skin that doesn’t have a member in Destiny’s Edge :/

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Whitedrgn.2547

Whitedrgn.2547

Kodas and Tengus would be cool, but I would like to see Dwarves.

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Adine.2184

Kinda hard to do Dwarves as they were all but wiped out fighting the great destroyer

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cinder.4865

Cinder.4865

Kinda hard to do Dwarves as they were all but wiped out fighting the great destroyer

Can that lore be found anywhere in the game? I’m not accusing you of being wrong, but the Guild Wars 2 wikipedia doesn’t state that they’ve been wiped out, only that they have no contact with the surface and have dedicated themselves to stemming the tide of the Destroyers.

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Whitedrgn.2547

Whitedrgn.2547

Yes, but return of Dwarves would make for a good storyline in my opinion.

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

QUAGGANS !!!…. but tengu would be awesome.

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: graceangel.3618

graceangel.3618

Tengu. Hylek. shark like creatures. but no fairy’s or mermaids.

I agree with this point. If we’re gonna be able to play another race later on; let’s pull from existing races which are already effected by the events going on in Tyria. I personally also vote for Hyleks or the frog people? Quaggans… Quaggans seem to make the most sense to me since there are already a few villages with merchants, waypoints, etc nearby.

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Adine.2184

@ cinder

From the GW 2 Wiki
“the dwarves underwent the Rite of the Great Dwarf. In an event known as the Transformation of the Dwarves, their race was transformed into living stone, ending their status as a mortal race. Though the Transformation granted them the power to defeat the Great Destroyer, it also warped their personalities and sense of purpose. Driven to seek battle with the minions of Primordus, they dispersed into the Depths, where they remain to this day.”

" As of the present, no dwarf of flesh and blood remains."

So although they DO exist after 250 years of battle in the depths with no reproduction (think about it ) there are in all lielyhood very few left

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

How about an ooze race. In character creation you can pick any of the other races as a form, but have a gelatin type appearance. Jello people.

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: graceangel.3618

graceangel.3618

Can that lore be found anywhere in the game? I’m not accusing you of being wrong, but the Guild Wars 2 wikipedia doesn’t state that they’ve been wiped out, only that they have no contact with the surface and have dedicated themselves to stemming the tide of the Destroyers.

If you go through the Priory my story line, you’ll get to find out some information about that. I won’t go into any detail in case some people read this and decide to try out the priory road on a new character.

They do go into the dwarves. Based on what you learn, it does seem rather unlikely; however… despite the unlikelihood…. who knows?

but rather than bring them back; maybe hteir ancestors living in the earth breed a new evolution of dwarves? xD or…

i liked the idea of possibly maybe a new type… that’s in another part of the map not revealed yet who are also out fighting the dragon in their part of the world. like in parts not accessible right now. the lands of Tyria are vast. There’s so much we’re not seeing. Who knows what’s transpired there in the last 250 years.

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cinder.4865

Cinder.4865

We, at the moment, have no idea of what took place with the Dwarves beyond that, though. True, no “mortal” Dwarves may still exist (so far as we know), but that doesn’t mean they don’t have ways to bolster their numbers now — they’re living rock, for what it’s worth. The possibility of Primordius being defeated and the Dwarves returning to flesh and blood is also still there.

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fidjit.4162

Fidjit.4162

Tengu certainly seem like “low hanging fruit” in the sense that the model is there and there’s a story hook available. Two issues for me though:

1) Female Tengu? Do they exist? I think every playable race will need to have male and female options. Same concern for Kodan.

2) The Tengu seem to have these feathery “wings” on their arms that stick out quite a bit. It’s not really compatible with most armour in the game.

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Adine.2184

you wouldent have been able to find a female Charr to save your life in GW1 but they exist.

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The Tengu were originally slated to be a playable race to begin with, but they got dropped due to lack of time. As such, it’s almost certain that they will be the next playable race. (I already have plans for a Tengu thief.) I imagine they will make their debut with the Canthan expansion for GW2. Centaurs may be a playable race with the Elonian expansion, although given their unusual model, it may make it difficult for Centaur players to do jumping puzzles. I believe that playable races will likely only be bipedal.

Aside from that, I believe the Kodan are the next likely candidate to be a player race, although they kinda overlap with the Norn in their history and playstyle. I would love to see Skritt as a playable race, but the fact that they lose intelligence when not with others of their kind makes it unlikely they’ll be chosen. Hylek were designed from the start as a non-playable race so while it’s possible they may be chosen, it’s very unlikely. I’d actually love Krait to be a playable race, but lore makes it exceedingly unlikely. (Perhaps the Naga from Cantha though?)

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rarutos.9463

Rarutos.9463

Tengu, Kodan, Largos, and Quaggan are my top picks for new races. I honestly can’t wait until they announce new races already! I kind of want to make more characters, but I’m afraid of making doubles of races because of this!

It’d be amazing to see how the developers could design an underwater Capital city for the Quaggan or Largos, for sure!

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yitsul.8342

Yitsul.8342

The Largos are pretty original on ANet’s behalf, I want them next

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drewan.5681

Drewan.5681

Bah I don’t care if they are obsessed with fighting primordious and are living stone, I want dwarves kitten

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Haette.2701

Haette.2701

Seriously, talk to any named tengu in-game and they all but spell it out for you. They’re very clearly building them up to be a playable race.

That said, I welcome surprises

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

we had these heros in GW1
Jora = Norn
Pyre = Charr
Vekk = Asura
which made their way into GW2
We also had:
Zhed =Centaur
Ogden = Dwarf
There was no race specific for Cantha, except the Sensali (tengu) Henchmen.
My guess is that one of these will make the return into GW2 sometime in the future.

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mutiny.4180

Mutiny.4180

Why would they add a new race? >.>

I’d rather see actual content instead of a new character skin that doesn’t have a member in Destiny’s Edge :/

No one new can join, right?

My vote is for largos. Sayeh for Destiny’s Edge!

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: chedder.6302

chedder.6302

I would like to see seer and mursaat…
Now before you go on with lore blah blah blah
1)Lazarus the Dire never was fully killed never got himself back together but wasn’t killed
2)Seer never were wiped out
3) Were not sure exactly how these races reproduced so anythign is possible
4)Seers could start out in Ring of Fire and Mursaat in Maguuma Wastelands
5)I know most of you will disagree with me but still would like to play as a mursaat
6) Racial elite obviously (less powerful than in gw1) Spectral Agony.
Other options

Crystal Desert openign up-Forgotten
More Shiverpeaks-Koda
More Kryta-Tengu
Any of those centaurs
You cna even make an argument for grawl in other parts of Ascalon

President of Believegate

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Adine.2184

Yea i want Seers back too . we knew of at least 5 in GW1 and there were bound to be others

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

Current Tengu is a given for me or Tyria’s version from GW1, the Avicara( gw1 & 2 have different models for tengu).

I could go for margonites, harpies, naga, or minions found in the desolation areas of the NF campaign. Largos, for me…um nah, their wings are too wierd for me I guess.

Edit wouldn’t mind seeing the wardens of the forest from the kurzick areas of responsiblity.

(edited by Akari Storm.6809)

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: The LZ.7891

The LZ.7891

I think it’s insanely ridiculous that people actually suggest SKRITT.
Wouldn’t that just be a tad idiotic? Or are people already pretending to
be skritt perhaps? I can’t imagine seeing a Skritt with a huge greatsword (GS)
and heavy armor. Or a Skritt elementalist… Or anything..

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: DKP.4196

DKP.4196

Tengu, Quaggans, Dolyak is my choice:o

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

Ideas for the next Race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Akukai.9035

Akukai.9035

Centaur is my choice. A nomadic capital city, constantly on the move throughout the world’s regions.

Realistically, Tengu and Kodan for sure (their in-game presence hints at that). Largos to explore their gorgeous underwater areas more – a completely underwater capital city.

Make all these happen, A-Net! But first, my Centaur please )))