Ideas to make the game even more fun!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daddyrage.6902

Daddyrage.6902

I’ve been playing Guild Wars 2 since the head start and I’ve done most of the content (haven’t really gotten deep into fracs yet) and I love the game. I have tried pretty much every new MMO and I always come back to playing my Guardian because I love the way the games set up. There are things that I really think could be changed to make this game a lot more fun and appeal to way more people and wouldn’t make the devs have to do a whole ton of work. So here we go…

1) Revamp Orr bosses. I know the point of them is to get karma gear but if you gave cool skins that drop and make the mechanics of the bosses way more fun, I feel like way more people would want to do them on a regular basis.
2) Have double xp weekends (kind of stealing this from Star Wars) but it would have huge flood of people want to play to level up that new character.
3) Add new mechanics to Spvp maps (I know this isn’t and original idea but I know a lot of people are tired of "hold these points) a few ideas are for the maps are capture the flag or kills monsters set for each team and collect orbs to power up some device and whoever powers up their device first wins but killing the other teams monsters causes them to lose power on their device (idea in progress haha).

I’ll add more ideas if I think of them but go ahead and post your own or criticize mine or whatever feel free to post!

Update Another good idea is separate the easier dungeons from the harder ones and really upgrade the reward for dungeons that are hard and take teamspeak and such. Another good idea would to be to give a lot of gold for the first run of that path for the day because people would then run dungeons that they usually don’t just to get that extra gold boost. Make some dailies in the dungeons that no one does so people will do them….. I’ll add more if I think of them!

(edited by Daddyrage.6902)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

double xp weekends worked for many in SWTOR is smart idea imo

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

Buff thieves… please.

OP’d thief, lol

in Suggestions

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Buff rangers… please.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

in Suggestions

Posted by: Guardian.5142

Guardian.5142

Buff Eternity. Its not shiny enough. Seriously, I can only see 5 or 10 galaxies in its skybox when clearly it should hold the majesty of at least a small universe. And it should hit harder…because of reasons.

@OP

1. guest on a high pop server and you’ll find the Orr events done more often. Although the events become bland after a while, I feel its less because of mechanics and more about the lack of challenge when in a massive zerg. There’s less accountability when you add so many people to a fight, but yeah… really not complaining. Events are for farming and can be fun if you keep your playstyle varied.

2. I don’t feel the need for faster leveling to be honest. Its… part of playing the game. And lets face it, SWTOR leveling process of planet hopping isn’t exactly as revolutionary thing like GW2 and…. man I hate Taris. Its not the quests… its.. I don’t know, the coloring? The swamp-like atmosphere… the way it goes out of its way to keep your from getting anywhere fast? Balmorra’s close, but I’m pretty sure double xp weekends were made specifically for Taris.

3. Haven’t done much in PvP, so its still shiny. I need to play it more to give any worthwhile feedback.

As for my own feedback ideas.

a) TP overhaul. Need light/med/heavy search priority, needs back pieces and whatever you guys did to kitten up searching for runes and sigils, please unkitten this. A baseline timer to keep price gougers in check would be neat too.

b) .More armor skins that play well for mix/match. A buttcape toggle, so we can use some of the more awesome tops without the drapes. Heavy armor that seems “lighter” and light armor that seems “heavier”. More unique helms that are goggles/blindfolks/eyepatches for all armor types.

c) More LS events that drop enough gold to make farming more fun? The original Scarlet invasions lasted what, two weeks? and were fun/profitable. They should have just removed the event after the nerf as practically noone on my server cares to do them now. Even if its just one week out of a month where we can concentrate on something shiny, new and profitable, just to mix things up a bit would be more fun.

d) a raise for the forum mod that will shortly translocate this thread to the suggestions forum? This may or may not have been editted by the forum mod, but.. you’ll never know for sure! muahaha!

What did ANET do when the sheer mass of the event ZERG was too much for the server to support?
They had to SPAWN MORE OVERFLOWS!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daddyrage.6902

Daddyrage.6902

Buff Eternity. Its not shiny enough. Seriously, I can only see 5 or 10 galaxies in its skybox when clearly it should hold the majesty of at least a small universe. And it should hit harder…because of reasons.

@OP

1. guest on a high pop server and you’ll find the Orr events done more often. Although the events become bland after a while, I feel its less because of mechanics and more about the lack of challenge when in a massive zerg. There’s less accountability when you add so many people to a fight, but yeah… really not complaining. Events are for farming and can be fun if you keep your playstyle varied.

2. I don’t feel the need for faster leveling to be honest. Its… part of playing the game. And lets face it, SWTOR leveling process of planet hopping isn’t exactly as revolutionary thing like GW2 and…. man I hate Taris. Its not the quests… its.. I don’t know, the coloring? The swamp-like atmosphere… the way it goes out of its way to keep your from getting anywhere fast? Balmorra’s close, but I’m pretty sure double xp weekends were made specifically for Taris.

3. Haven’t done much in PvP, so its still shiny. I need to play it more to give any worthwhile feedback.

As for my own feedback ideas.

a) TP overhaul. Need light/med/heavy search priority, needs back pieces and whatever you guys did to kitten up searching for runes and sigils, please unkitten this. A baseline timer to keep price gougers in check would be neat too.

b) .More armor skins that play well for mix/match. A buttcape toggle, so we can use some of the more awesome tops without the drapes. Heavy armor that seems “lighter” and light armor that seems “heavier”. More unique helms that are goggles/blindfolks/eyepatches for all armor types.

c) More LS events that drop enough gold to make farming more fun? The original Scarlet invasions lasted what, two weeks? and were fun/profitable. They should have just removed the event after the nerf as practically noone on my server cares to do them now. Even if its just one week out of a month where we can concentrate on something shiny, new and profitable, just to mix things up a bit would be more fun.

d) a raise for the forum mod that will shortly translocate this thread to the suggestions forum? This may or may not have been editted by the forum mod, but.. you’ll never know for sure! muahaha!

Yea I know what you mean about the leveling process but it would be fun if you think about it. People hear double xp weekend and try gw2 for free on the same weekend and I BET a ton of people will buy the game because they’ll realize how fun it is. I was also thinking more about making content that already exists more fun whether difficulty or new mechanics or whatever….