Idle, emote animations change based on personality

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eudaemons.1596

Eudaemons.1596

Right now, personalities feel…lackluster. It is a great idea, but it doesn’t feel like it effect how my character actually acts in the world. While doing some RPing yesterday and sitting for a long time, I realized how ridiculous my fully armored, rather tall female human warrior looks when sitting like that “draw me like one of your French girls” pose. It might be cute for the petite, charming Mesmer girl, but not my character.

Maybe, idle animations and emotes could change based on personalities. A barbaric character could punch at the air or grunt randomly when idle. A scoundrel could look around suspiciously as if he/she was looking to commit a petty crime. A militant character could sit very rigid with the sit emote or yell “Get over here!” when you use the beckon emote.

Anyone else have any more suggestions? I feel like seeing every single human female, NPC, mob or player stretching when idle or jumping and clapping like a preppy teenage girl looks cheesy. It could add variation to the world. (I haven’t played much of the other races, so it has yet to annoy me.)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

This is great. The only thing I’ve found so far in the world that relies on your chosen personality is by Eastern Divinity kittenake a Ferocious character there and talk to people. Something very amusing happens. I’m sure if there is one thing, there are more, but making it change the idles would be wonderful.

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

And really, do I need to constantly stretch and play with my hair? Why don’t you just give me some bubble gum to snap as well?

How about any of these options:

Read a book (Commander Keen could do this long ago)
Doodle on some paper or sketch
Hum and tap my fingers or feet
Drink something and perhaps eventually pass out
Pace back and forth restlessly and then tap on the monitor (Commander Keen again or was that Gex?)
Play jacks or some other sort of portable game a bored person might play
Take a nap and occasionally wake myself up with snoring.

This message was brought to you by a Creative Kitten