Ignoring should block sounds

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tikky.6231

Tikky.6231

Putting a player on ignore should also block the sounds from that player’s characters, as well (for the person ignoring, obviously). As soon as you have anything that can be repeated to annoyance (the Wintersday bell, and now, the new horn) you will have people spamming the same thing, the same note over and over and over. The solution is NOT to turn sounds off (that is just ridiculous) since it’s not all sounds that are annoying; just that one player that is deliberately being a pest.

EDIT: It should also block that player’s emotes (both the sounds and the words).

(edited by Tikky.6231)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Great suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

yes

/15 char

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

Hmmm….Just wondering how would that work in real life blocking all the “annoying sounds” of anti-government protesters and football supporters

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tikky.6231

Tikky.6231

Hmmm….Just wondering how would that work in real life blocking all the “annoying sounds” of anti-government protesters and football supporters

Irrelevant. This is a game, not real life.

Nice try to pooh-pooh a suggestion, though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nar.8327

Nar.8327

Even as someone who enjoys playing songs on the in-game instruments, I think this is fair. A lot of people tell me that they enjoy what I play, but those that don’t shouldn’t be forced to listen to it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

Irrelevant. This is a game, not real life.

Nice try to pooh-pooh a suggestion, though.

If this is a game, why do they care if people get too rich so they add gold sinks like WP, TP listing fee, armor repairs… Inflation? Hmm… that is a real life thing
If this is a game why do we have daily activities – aka go to shop, go to work, cook the food, play with kids – and monthlies – as for a better payment

Everything is to mimic Real Life and create a virtual reality similar to what we are used to. There are a lot of NPC’s talk to emphasize this feeling of reality: “Now go back to work”, “Work work work, What’s the fun in that?” etc.

So as we can’t mute people in real life just because we are annoyed by them, we shouldn’t mute them buy a simple ignore function

I’d rather make an event starting at a certain “noise” level having Seraphs or any other “law” faction coming to shoo away the noisy citizen
That would be more fun wouldn’t it?
But hey, it is hard to think of a good suggestion from the game’s perceptive and not from the personal annoyances