Implementing Infusions without the Gear-Treadmill

in Suggestions

Posted by: dsruix.2514

dsruix.2514

There are tons of people that are unhappy with the direction the newly announced ‘Ascended’ items are going. Mostly because they have higher stats and they (eventually) require a completely new set of gear. The promise of more content that uses the Agony and Infusion mechanic also seems to suggest that for future end-game pve, ascended gear might become a requirement. Obviously this is creating a lot of unhappiness.

My suggestion is to implement a dungeon token like system for ascended gear that instead of giving a new set of armor (and all the problems that come with retransmuting and/or storage – hopefully they didn’t even think about the effects on Gem shop items because that would be sad), a certain number of tokens would allow for a piece of gear to be ascended, and instead of higher stats and the removal of an upgrade slot, add an infusion slot to the gear. Then people get to keep their exotics, Anet gets to keep their Ascended tier and infusion mechanic, and the people that want it get some semblence of progression within this dungeon.

Of course, this only works if the infusions really only affect the specific dungeon performance and not give stats in general (which imo would be much much worse than what I’m assuming).

It doesn’t even have to be aas easy as the current dungeon token system. It could be that every boss you reach at every even numbered run drops maybe 5 or 10 tokens and you need maybe 200 tokens to get 1 piece of gear infused. This of course should be matched with the difficulty increase such that by the time an individual gets to this point he or she will probably be at the point where they need 1 piece of gear infused. Then there is constant progress, and being an infinte dungeon there’s no issue of it being too grindy because that’s already what it’s supposed to be, which itself is mitigated by the increasing difficulty.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raksha.8049

Raksha.8049

I find it strange that people are willing to farm for months on end for something as trivial as one weapon skin which is simply a look but would not farm for something like Ascended based gear which can be upgraded over time with future expasions/content patches.

Does anyone else find this mind set boggling?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lycis.1843

Lycis.1843

Not at all. Every LotRO player knows very well where this will be leading up to and it does not look pretty.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Miragee.3604

Miragee.3604

I find it strange that people are willing to farm for months on end for something as trivial as one weapon skin which is simply a look but would not farm for something like Ascended based gear which can be upgraded over time with future expasions/content patches.

Does anyone else find this mind set boggling?

No because it was optional. You can do it, whenever you want and this is important. If I don’t have fun with grinding for the next year, I haven’t to do it. If I decided, that I want a specific item than I could grind. That was one of the big things GW was so amazing. You could make a break for years or just playing without grind for years and just jump onto grind whenever you want and splitting it so you always had fun – not the feeling of work.