Improve Black Lion chests

in Suggestions

Posted by: DiBiddilyBop.1470

DiBiddilyBop.1470

Right now there is no incentive for me to spend gems to buy black lion keys to open the chests. I’d like to see some better rewards from the chests that will give me an incentive to see what’s inside them. Right now it’s generally some random boosters and I think a transformation item. A couple times I got another key. Although the short term transformations are kind of fun and quirky, they’re certainly nothing to get excited about.

I’d like to see things like mini-pets, rare dyes, town clothes, pvp weapon skins… stuff like that. I know you guys are incredibly opposed to “pay-to-win” which I totally agree with, but given the random nature of the chests it might not even be a bad idea to throw in a very low chance at a random exotic. It would just have to be rare enough so that it wouldn’t make any kind of financial sense to use gold to buy gems to get keys to open chests to get exotics to sell for more gold (that made sense, right?), but I don’t think it would cause an uproar if these chests were a little more worth it than they are. And let’s face it… we all like to gamble a little if there is at least some small chance of a payout (mystic forge, anyone?)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

YES PLEASE. Black Lion chest contents suck for the most part. I don’t know why anyone would buy a key in the gem store. Such a waste. The worst part are those transformation potions that are a waste of space.

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

I have 20 different types of tonics I will never use! Less tonic, more dye! Or more of something useful.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adzy.8370

Adzy.8370

agreed. ive destroyed countless BL chests… sometimes i dont even bother to pick them up!

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

Give them to me! I will buy keys and open them. I am a cynic, but I am a foolishly optimistic one!

in Suggestions

Posted by: DiBiddilyBop.1470

DiBiddilyBop.1470

There’s just nothing whatsoever in the chests to get even a little excited about. I’d really like to see something useful.