Improve Profession Identity

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lorvul.5482

Lorvul.5482

It would be nice to have each profession have a line of quests, missions, story, or whatever to get something that is profession specific. Have professions stand out from the next by missions you can do (or quest line) to get armor or weapons. Of course this will be purely cosmetic base, but it will make your profession feel apart from the other classes.

At the beginning of the game each profession is given a unique item for their profession. Necromancers and mesmers get masks. Elementalists get an elemental headpiece. Engineers can get a backpack, guardians get a helmet or shoulder pads. But it all just stops there!! Why is that? Why not allow each profession venture for personalized profession gear? These could be semi-legendaries or brand new legendaries all in themselves. I think this is missing from GW2 and adding this wouldn’t affect the overall goal of the game.

Commander Marnoll Whitefyre [Gore]
Sorrow’s Furnace
Guardian

in Suggestions

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

It would be nice to have each profession have a line of quests, missions, story, or whatever to get something that is profession specific. Have professions stand out from the next by missions you can do (or quest line) to get armor or weapons. Of course this will be purely cosmetic base, but it will make your profession feel apart from the other classes.

At the beginning of the game each profession is given a unique item for their profession. Necromancers and mesmers get masks. Elementalists get an elemental headpiece. Engineers can get a backpack, guardians get a helmet or shoulder pads. But it all just stops there!! Why is that? Why not allow each profession venture for personalized profession gear? These could be semi-legendaries or brand new legendaries all in themselves. I think this is missing from GW2 and adding this wouldn’t affect the overall goal of the game.

I agree with you. Those unique Items should have been given after completing profession-specific quest.