Improve Roleplay - Sitting on chairs/benches

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sunetsu.8342

Sunetsu.8342

In terms of improving the experience for Roleplayers, I’d highly suggest that you enable us to sit properly at chairs/benches. Something simular to how one can right-click a seat in World of Warcraft and thus automatically get seated properly, rather than how I, as a human female for example, sit very awkwardly if I am to attempt sit on a chair as she sits with her legs stretched sideways.

This can prove to be quite annoying when it comes to IC interactions.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ridley.3691

Ridley.3691

Aye, I was very surprised at the severe lack of seating in this game anyway, coupled with the fact that you have to manually sit on chairs, and many /sits don’t suit sitting on a chair at all. WoW’s system is good because your chair sit suits being on a chair, and your /sit suits sitting on the floor.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Auruan.2837

Auruan.2837

Can do nothing but agree. The few objects that are of a proper size to sit on still have massive issues with clipping and… there’s some interesting floating issue, as well.

Just check the attachment.
Prior to the image was taken as I performed a /sit whilst standing atop a Norn chair. Took a while of fiddling, but eventually my character sat down.
Shortly afterwards, I began to float when I unequipped a piece of armour. It seems the whole collision programming is a tad off… even if we get no objects to actually interact with, like several other MMO’s have, these funny clipping errors alone should be enough to at least have someone look into this stuff.

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: joykafka.4308

joykafka.4308

I second this request. When I sat, I sat into the big chair, buried inside it, with only my head floating like a seat mattress…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tiger.9786

Tiger.9786

I agree as well.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

yes! please! hear! hear!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vigilence.4902

Vigilence.4902

I would also like this, as well as watching my character drink booze.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

If they can’t make it so we can use chairs to sit, at least give an alternate sit animation that will make the character ‘sit in the air’ and use the butt bottom kitten as the base for the model instead the feet, so it’ll sit where their feet were.

/sitchair or /sitair or /sit2 or something.

We’ll have to orient the character, but once properly oriented, it’ll look right.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: K Cross.3458

K Cross.3458

A different kind of “sit” animation would also benefit those who like to sit in edge of rocks or cliffs for example.

in Suggestions

joykafka.4308

/sit
/seat
/squat
/meditate

in Suggestions

Posted by: balticdragon.7284

balticdragon.7284

I would start just with the chairs you could actually use, before going for additional animations etc. The only place you can live with sitting are the chairs in Black Citadel, which are big enough for humans even to lie down (not to mention Asura)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

They have all these nice areas full of chairs and tables…yet all the NPC’s stand around them lol

kills immersion imo

Id like to be able to sit to.

in Suggestions

joykafka.4308

balticdragon:
For sure the method straightforward is to make a chair, box, bench, rock, etc a special object which is able to be seated in. That’d be more likely kind of “Interact” key. This has something to do with the dimensions and shape of different objects I guess. And the player needs to sit right on the edge of the object so that their hips are inside the chair whereas their feet are hanging outside.

Another sit-around is to offer different “sitting” emotes that show different sitting postures, so that we could choose the one best suits the object we want to sit on/in.

(edited by joykafka.4308)