Improved Combo Fields

Improved Combo Fields

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lorvul.5482

Lorvul.5482

Combo fields are awesome, fun, creative, and give a dynamic to battles that I love. But there is one dynamic variable that has been overlooked……..how combo fields affect each other in PvP. I have several suggestions that should make combo fields more interesting, and require more skill in PvP or WvW…

1) Lets have enemy combo fields cancel each other out. Imagine your enemy throws down a fire field, then you counter it with a water field! The combo fields only cancel out where they overlap. So you will get different geometric shapes on the battlefield, making battles feel more chaotic. Remember, entropy is the key to realism. Here would be a sample list of what elements cancel out other elements.
- Water cancels Fire
- Fire cancels Ice
- Smoke cancels Light
- Light cancels Dark
- Dark cancels Ethereal
- Ethereal cancels Smoke
- Poison cancels Water
- Ice cancels Lightening
Poison can’t be canceled by anything. And lightening doesn’t cancel out anything.

2) Your enemies can sure your combo field against you!! So, if there is an enemy water field, I can do a burst combo finisher to get the same AoE regen. Or, I can leap through an enemy fire wall and grant myself a Fire Aura. This would make fights more epic.

This wouldn’t make PvP have a longer learning curve…but I think it is necessary to keep it interesting. Let me know what you guys think!

Commander Marnoll Whitefyre [Gore]
Sorrow’s Furnace
Guardian

Improved Combo Fields

in Suggestions

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Ugh why do I even put conditions on my enemies if they can remove it with my healing projectile combo field? xDD

I don’t know this sounds more difficult to make and to think through than one might think at first.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

Improved Combo Fields

in Suggestions

Lorvul.5482

Anything worth doing is never easy….Look at dynamic events. It can be done, and this is what gaming companies strive for (at least the successful ones do). Things can always be improved

Sorrow’s Furnace
Guardian

Improved Combo Fields

in Suggestions

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Anything worth doing is never easy….Look at dynamic events. It can be done, and this is what gaming companies strive for (at least the successful ones do). Things can always be improved

I never said programming it is hard. I just said creating the perfect concept is difficult.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

Improved Combo Fields

in Suggestions

Lorvul.5482

Creating a concept is always difficult. I work in the gaming industry so I go over this all the time. Out of all the ideas thrown out, very little make it to the drawing board or beyond. However, I feel this idea should be considered and taken to the drawing board. This idea is a seed and I would like to see where it goes

Sorrow’s Furnace
Guardian

Improved Combo Fields

in Suggestions

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Well yeah as I already said. Your second point about making enemies use your combo fields is contra productive as my example has already proven:

“Ugh why do I even put conditions on my enemies if they can remove it with my healing projectile combo field? xDD”

Improved Combo Fields

in Suggestions

Lorvul.5482

But do you like the overlapping combo fields idea?

Sorrow’s Furnace
Guardian